Whiteshoes Top 100

whiteshoes

4 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Yes, but I'm not selling anything.

STA being better than North Shore should be obvious to anybody. If not then it's embarrassing to the person who claims otherwise.

You trawling in different threads looking for ways to prop up Lakeland is pathetic and isn't fooling anybody.

I'm not selling Lakeland any more than you're selling STA.

2 minutes ago, badrouter said:

I'm not selling Lakeland any more than your selling STA.

Yes you are.

I almost never bring up STA unsolicited. It's always foisted on me by weaklings who want to change the subject.

Your entire existence here is to build a framework in which to claim that Lakeland should be national champions if they go 15-0.

• Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, The Guru said:

Yes you are.

I never bring up STA unsolicited. It's always foisted on me by weaklings who want to change the subject.

Your entire existence here is to build a framework in which to claim that Lakeland should be national champions if they go 15-0.

I'm in your head. Or Lakeland is in your head. Because you're the one who keeps bringing them up in threads where I have not.

12 hours ago, The Guru said:

Huh?

🙄

This is the kind of post somebody makes to give the impression that they're educated on a subject.

Actually that was the kind of post that somebody who has for years watched game film and listened while the Katy coaches analyzed exactly why each play in the previous week's game failed or succeeded. For instance how an error in a lineman's steps caused him to contact a defender with the wrong foot forward - which caused a missed timing in their block that resulted in what should have been an 8 yard gain becoming a 4 yard gain. See, that is what the Katy coaches do every week for their fans. The players get a much more intense film analysis than we do.

The head coach of a team that lost repeatedly to Katy in the Texas playoffs told a reporter that he had first assumed that Katy's offense was a simple rudimentary I formation, but that after several years of studying it, he had realized it was the most sophisticated offense he had ever seen.

4 hours ago, TigerHat said:

Actually that was the kind of post that somebody who has for years watched game film and listened while the Katy coaches analyzed exactly why each play in the previous week's game failed or succeeded. For instance how an error in a lineman's steps caused him to contact a defender with the wrong foot forward - which caused a missed timing in their block that resulted in what should have been an 8 yard gain becoming a 4 yard gain. See, that is what the Katy coaches do every week for their fans. The players get a much more intense film analysis than we do.

The head coach of a team that lost repeatedly to Katy in the Texas playoffs told a reporter that he had first assumed that Katy's offense was a simple rudimentary I formation, but that after several years of studying it, he had realized it was the most sophisticated offense he had ever seen.

Tiger, trying to have a rational debate with Guru is like trying to teach algebra to a dog.  The dog won't get it and what's more is too dumb to realize he isn't getting it.  Save yourself some agony.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, TigerHat said:

😄

Any rube who watched the North Shore game on television can tell you what 3 or 4 plays they ran over and over again. They zone blocked right or left and they ran blast, sweep, toss. They liked to use a smaller, faster fullback and get him out on the edge guy.

It's basically student body right, student body left.

North Shore got out-flanked and out-leveraged all night. Katy must have run that play 30+ times. Hoff had over 200 yards getting the edge all damn night.

Who was the coach? This guy?

image.png.650a5494351ab8f9c111eb28222349c5.png

3 hours ago, The Guru said:

😄

Any rube who watched the North Shore game on television can tell you what 3 or 4 plays they ran over and over again. They zone blocked right or left and they ran blast, sweep, toss. They liked to use a smaller, faster fullback and get him out on the edge guy.

It's basically student body right, student body left.

North Shore got out-flanked and out-leveraged all night. Katy must have run that play 30+ times. Hoff had over 200 yards getting the edge all damn night.

Who was the coach? This guy?

image.png.650a5494351ab8f9c111eb28222349c5.png

It's exactly what the Niners were doing to the Bengals yesterday.  I loved it.

On 9/15/2019 at 3:59 PM, Horsefly said:

How young is this Katy team?  Looking at the roster it seems quite a few but I wasn’t sure 

Horsefly I'm not sure how young. I do follow them not as closely as years past. I know their QB is confident, maybe a bit too much. In an interview before the NS game he said there was no doubt they would win. He also said that they are the best team in TX. Not sure about that. I wish he would back off a bit and just let his play prove things but I guess too much confidence is better than having too little. If they stay healthy they should have a great run this year. I look for NS to get things fixed. They lost some good people up front last year. They still have talent, just takes time playing to come together. Banks can really hurt Katy when he plays if Katy doesn't have a plan for him. The playoffs should be interesting. The regional winner in the GHA will have to travel to the hill country this year. 

• Thanks 1