Fair pay to play act

Ararar

The school is already providing a huge monetary benefit by free tuition, books, food, and housing, PLUS a stipend. This can be worth hundreds of thousands, if not more!

With that said- I don't believe the schools should be paying athletes outside of these aforementioned benefits. 

But- I DO agree with allowing athletes to make money off themselves (advertising, marketing, etc...) I believe this would keep somewhat of a level playing field with schools and still allow the top athletes to make more money, if they so qualify or desire. This would probably be a small population but would help facilitate some level of fairness within the NCAA system. 

2 minutes ago, Ararar said:

I believe the law is to prevent circumstances like Jeremy Bloom who was an Olympian level skier and got endorsements for it but was denied playing football by the NCAA.These situations will be eliminated 

Spot on.

But the NCAA will try to sell it to the east coast and south, as a scare tactic, of "the players shouldn't be paid!" "We can't pay the players!"

Those people will eat it up. 

3 hours ago, THS2011 said:

Living stipend. I compare this to getting an internship. Most internships are free, you get nothing but experience and job credentials, i.e. making it to the pros. These athletes get top notch training, coaching, connections, care, support, treated like gods on campus, 5 star travel accommodations, and im sure im leaving things out on top of a free 40k + degree, if they chose to get it. 

It's a job.

Period.

You earn the scholly, they own you and what little time the athlete has beyond practice, studies, class, hosting and community outreach is theirs if they call on the athlete.

BGW