OT: Not Football But It's Apropos...

Rufus69

Colquitt County won the 1-AAAAAAA Region Championship last night by defeating their bitter archrivals...the Despicable Tift County Blue Devils...in a doubleheader at Packer Park...8-2...and...4-3 in 11 innings.  Couldn't be prouder for those guys.  No matter how Rab tries to spin it...AND HE WILL....

Not bad for a bunch of poor, tiny, little undersized Diamond Hawgs !!!!!

(The reason it's apropos is cause several of the football players play on the baseball team.  Including one Jay Saunders, QB Extroidinaire)

Rufus>>

• Like 3

Congrats to the Diamond Pack.

As an aside... I was down at the new athletics dept. and football/track/ soccer digs earlier and popped a few pics to share.

The red iron is up and the roof dried in on the athletics offices, athlete kitchen and weight room. This photo captures about 2/3's of the building.

20170422_123131.jpg

The foundation work is well underway on the indoor practice/multi-purpose facility.

20170422_123404.jpg

Turf installation near completion for the outdoor practice field, but the surrounding state of the art track for track and field appears to have a little way to go yet. 

20170422_123159.jpg

20170422_123118.jpg

Just a few weeks ago I was out there and it seemed like hardly anything had been accomplished, but the progress is really evident now. Super excited for all the kids, track, soccer, band and of course football. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Colquitt County won the 1-AAAAAAA Region Championship last night by defeating their bitter archrivals...the Despicable Tift County Blue Devils...in a doubleheader at Packer Park...8-2...and...4-3 in 11 innings.  Couldn't be prouder for those guys.  No matter how Rab tries to spin it...AND HE WILL....

Not bad for a bunch of poor, tiny, little undersized Diamond Hawgs !!!!!

(The reason it's apropos is cause several of the football players play on the baseball team.  Including one Jay Saunders, QB Extroidinaire)

Rufus>>

And due to the design of the aforementioned park, by quite possibly the most INCOMPETENT baseball park designer on the PLANET! Old Rabido will be seated in the VISITOR'S stands, so he can see the fucking game!

As an aside, I'm happy as a pig in slop, to see these younguns FINALLY go above .500 on the season! They NOW play one of the two teams from 3AAAAAAA, who whupped um in regular season. The #3 and #4 seeds!O.o

In the jist fer shits and giggles section. I'll be able to see Jay play his LAST high school games, and his first college game, when my lil alma mater hosts the University of Tampa Spartans, at John Kurtz Field in Milledgeville in 2018!

1 hour ago, ORabidOne said:

And due to the design of the aforementioned park, by quite possibly the most INCOMPETENT baseball park designer on the PLANET! Old Rabido will be seated in the VISITOR'S stands, so he can see the fucking game!

As an aside, I'm happy as a pig in slop, to see these younguns FINALLY go above .500 on the season! They NOW play one of the two teams from 3AAAAAAA, who whupped um in regular season. The #3 and #4 seeds!O.o

In the jist fer shits and giggles section. I'll be able to see Jay play his LAST high school games, and his first college game, when my lil alma mater hosts the University of Tampa Spartans, at John Kurtz Field in Milledgeville in 2018!

Rab....a few points here...

(1)  You're never gonna be happy.  I honestly don't believe anything in Buddha's creation could make you happy.  Your best shot is to try to be neutral.  But to tell the truth...I don't think you have much of a shot at that either.

(2)  The McEachern fans are not gonna allow you to sit in the visitors stands.  At least not for more than five minutes.  By then, you'll either be arrested or beaten to within an inch of your life or you'll make the decision to leave on your own.  And we'll hear all about it on the GAVSV and Prepgridiron.  You just as well should sit out beyond left field below the BBQ atrium like you always do.  

(3) The only thing wrong with the design of Packer Park is/was the drainage.  Somebody didn't such a good job thinking that thru.  They've done some work to try to allieviate the problem...but it's basically a band aid.  Add to that...the once open fronted dugouts that led to a young Cat player losing his life.  That issue has also been resolved.

(4) You follow baseball.  You've always followed baseball.  That being the case...you KNOW that teams lose games.  And just because a team beats you..or you beat them...means NOTHING come playoff time.  You know this...but you go off with your foolish statement about having to play McEachern (who beat the Hawgs earlier this season) instead of being elated that a bunch of scrappy Packers won the Region.  Adversity all over the place...but they never quit and held serve.

(5) I envy you over your chance to see Jay play his last Packer game AND his first Bobcat game.  That kid is someone to be proud of.  Now don't let me down.  Get the job done.  Cheer him on like there's no tomorrow.  Cause with Trumpy and the Group in charge...you never know.

Rufus>>

18 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

(1)  You're never gonna be happy.  I honestly don't believe anything in Buddha's creation could make you happy.  Your best shot is to try to be neutral.  But to tell the truth...I don't think you have much of a shot at that either.

(2)  The McEachern fans are not gonna allow you to sit in the visitors stands.  At least not for more than five minutes.  By then, you'll either be arrested or beaten to within an inch of your life or you'll make the decision to leave on your own.  And we'll hear all about it on the GAVSV and Prepgridiron.  You just as well should sit out beyond left field below the BBQ atrium like you always do.  

(3) The only thing wrong with the design of Packer Park is/was the drainage.  Somebody didn't such a good job thinking that thru.  They've done some work to try to allieviate the problem...but it's basically a band aid.  Add to that...the once open fronted dugouts that led to a young Cat player losing his life.  That issue has also been resolved.

(4) You follow baseball.  You've always followed baseball.  That being the case...you KNOW that teams lose games.  And just because a team beats you..or you beat them...means NOTHING come playoff time.  You know this...but you go off with your foolish statement about having to play McEachern (who beat the Hawgs earlier this season) instead of being elated that a bunch of scrappy Packers won the Region.  Adversity all over the place...but they never quit and held serve.

(5) I envy you over your chance to see Jay play his last Packer game AND his first Bobcat game.  That kid is someone to be proud of.  Now don't let me down.  Get the job done.  Cheer him on like there's no tomorrow.  Cause with Trumpy and the Group in charge...you never know.

Rufus>>

I'd be happy if the EX Ms. Rabido would grace me with her presences, for about five seconds!>:(

And you think that HILLS would be BETTER than PRESIDENT Trump?xD HELL, if she had another two hours, she'da given Putin the OTHER 80% of the US uranium!

By the BY, if you think that PACKER PARK is without detractors, you need to talk to the fans who sit in the HOMEstands, who can't see the third base line because of the fucking dugout! And to the radio play by play crew, who ALSO can't see the leftfireld line, because the press box is FIFTY YARDS behind home plate! And how bout the fifty die hard fans who hafta stand up behind the plate for seven hours during a doubleheader, because THERE AIN'T NO SEATS in that locale? Then, there is the indoor batting cages with NO AC! Not to mention, NO PLACE for fans to sit behind the outfield fence, due to 1000 advertising signs and a forty five degree grade to prohibit folding chairs! THEN, there is the FABULOUS hooded picnic area with grill and electrical outlets, that is located down the left field line, a HUNDRED YARDS from the outfield fence!xD The Atlanta Dugout Club tabbed this abortion, the premier high school venue in the state! But they didn't attend a game as the HOME TEAM!

18 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Rufus>>

And one of the best DII college teams in America, charges NO ADMISSION! The Bobcats polished off conference tourney bound Ga. Southwestern in a DH yesterday, 23-6 and 25-10! They have a national top ten BA of .364! 

As an aside, you DO realize of course, that a half dozen of Trump's main peoples are DEMOCRATS?

19 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Congrats to the Diamond Pack.

As an aside... I was down at the new athletics dept. and football/track/ soccer digs earlier and popped a few pics to share.

The red iron is up and the roof dried in on the athletics offices, athlete kitchen and weight room. This photo captures about 2/3's of the building.

20170422_123131.jpg

The foundation work is well underway on the indoor practice/multi-purpose facility.

20170422_123404.jpg

Turf installation near completion for the outdoor practice field, but the surrounding state of the art track for track and field appears to have a little way to go yet. 

20170422_123159.jpg

20170422_123118.jpg

Just a few weeks ago I was out there and it seemed like hardly anything had been accomplished, but the progress is really evident now. Super excited for all the kids, track, soccer, band and of course football. 

You know where I can find updated pictures of Lee County's sports complex?

56 minutes ago, ORabidOne said:

And one of the best DII college teams in America, charges NO ADMISSION! The Bobcats polished off conference tourney bound Ga. Southwestern in a DH yesterday, 23-6 and 25-10! They have a national top ten BA of .364! 

As an aside, you DO realize of course, that a half dozen of Trump's main peoples are DEMOCRATS?

Rab...GSCU couldn't even beat the Mercer Bears.  

You finally admit the truth.  the MAIN reason you like the Bobcats is cause they don't charge admission...(Smile).

Oh, perfect Game has Mercer ranked in their Top 25.  GSCU is nowhere to be found.  But...glad to see that you're up and about.

Rufus>>

10 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

You know where I can find updated pictures of Lee County's sports complex?

17505163_1485544021458345_4823853713345265126_o.jpg?oh=0c05dae719a9fbb7f47adcb544e54f80&oe=5974F763

Image may contain: sky and outdoor

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing and outdoor4

You can find these photos of Lee County's Multi-purpose facility located at the north endzone and updates on the new Valdosta High School and Colquitt County additions on  JCI Contractor's Facebook page. 

https://www.facebook.com/pg/jcicontractorsinc/photos/

Awesome stuff going on around south Georgia right now man. Awesome stuff. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

17505163_1485544021458345_4823853713345265126_o.jpg?oh=0c05dae719a9fbb7f47adcb544e54f80&oe=5974F763

Image may contain: sky and outdoor

Image may contain: one or more people, people standing and outdoor4

You can find these photos of Lee County's Multi-purpose facility located at the north endzone and updates on the new Valdosta High School and Colquitt County additions on  JCI Contractor's Facebook page. 

https://www.facebook.com/pg/jcicontractorsinc/photos/

Awesome stuff going on around south Georgia right now man. Awesome stuff. 

South Georgia schools (valdosta, colquitt, lee) makin some moves!