DBP PJ

I AM IRONMAN

1 hour ago, StJoesFanboy said:

The state could use better QBs.  Alaimo, Patti, DeVito are all tip top, but we're not Tx or Cali in that dep't.  and that goes way back

I agree completely. I say that all the time. There are several positions that NJ doesnt produce a lot of top quality 

Joes healthy is better than PC, but what's going on now and what happened last week is why we're the Fair 4.

2011 is 8 years ago.  We've aged almost a DECADE.  Just say thanks to Toal, and keep walking.  Instead of 1-3 or so teams pushing the ethical envelope, we have 10-15 going or willing to go full bore, and none of them could f!ck their way out of a wet paper bag.  We have a few more FBS recruits (maybe), and we're still the 9th-12th best football state.  It turns out we were getting and are getting the respect we deserve--9-12.

Query whether some of Toal's nationally-ranked Hackensack teams could spank some ass today.  Could nationally-ranked Ramapo with Baby Simms compete and win out?  Hoboken teams.  BC in '82 with Morgan.  Passaic in '83 with Heyward.  Joes' teams in the 90s.

We're living off Toal--time to grow up and do something on our own. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, StJoesFanboy said:

Joes' teams in the 90s.

96 yes. 

97 absolutely. 

98 despite loss to BC were still prob a top 15-20 team. 

99 finished very high nationally (maybe highest ever in school history?) but the 98 Team was better despite having a loss. 

Montclair with David Tyree had  close loss shoot outs with I think two of those Joes teams. I want to say in 96 and 97 .... those Montclair teams were legit as well. 

On 10/5/2019 at 11:29 AM, StJoesFanboy said:

Agree with a lot of what you and HSFB said.  From '02-'11, they had the talent, most years.  from '12 to his unceremonious departure, Toal hid a lot of cracks, while taking a ton of heat, some deserved, most not.

During those years, he beat STA 2x; beat that La school; won when he had Jr DeVito and a good OL and DL; ran rampant over SJP, which was winning out in Pa.; and beat 2x and lost by 1-5 points to PC teams with 10 or more FBS players than Bosco had.  SJR04 knew all the talent that PC had, and said that almost no one at Bosco could start at PC most of those years., excepting LB Mack--my memory's pretty intact.  Yet Toal took that and made it look like a horse race.  The school dampened the football program to not jeopardize its scholastic reputation.  As Rutgers needs to buy players, so does Bosco. 

Different dynamic at PC, but PC got kids to commit well before they won anything.   Remember, Bosco scalped PC in '12 with Hanks running for 195 and Pepps held to under 10 yards on 7 or 8 carries.  Pepps was falling all over Hanks, hugging and giving him praise after that game, with me standing 5 yards away.  Hanks ran OVER them.  Pepps respected AQM, Hanks, and Dellasandro, among others.  Hell, AQM body slammed Pepps on 1 tackle.  Never saw anything like that.  Zeke's making Pepps jump 10 feet in the air came close.  Those kids who stayed at BOsco bought into what Toal did and was doing.  (Pepps ran for well over 300 yards against my team, Joes, thereafter.)

When will the BNU produce a top-5 team, let alone a team winning 2 MNCs in 3 years with 5 or so top-5/top-10 finishes along the way?  (I know--he has blood on his hands like Lady MacBeth.)

I am pretty sure that was the team with like 12 starters injured as well for the whole year.