50 years ago this morning

Bormio

... the NY Mets woke up as World Champs. I was born in New Jersey and my Dad loved the hapless Mets.  We had just moved to NH, and I soon would be a Red Sox fan.  But at the time the Mets were all I knew.  What a glorious summer and fall.  Seaver’s imperfect game, winning both ends of a doubleheader 1-0, with the pitchers driving in both runs, the Cubs and the black cat, and finally Gil, Cleon and the shoe polish.  A magical year for sure.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, Bormio said:

... the NY Mets woke up as World Champs. I was born in New Jersey and my Dad loved the hapless Mets.  We had just moved to NH, and I soon would be a Red Sox fan.  But at the time the Mets were all I knew.  What a glorious summer and fall.  Seaver’s imperfect game, winning both ends of a doubleheader 1-0, with the pitchers driving in both runs, the Cubs and the black cat, and finally Gil, Cleon and the shoe polish.  A magical year for sure.

Happy Birthday Bormio.  Hope you enjoy and have many more.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Happy Bday, brother! Today is also the 30th anniversary of the 7.0 Loma Prieta Quake in ‘89. The earth was celebrating your birthday on a Big way!  Have a great day 😎🎂

30 years - hard to believe.  Will Clark was on the Giants then - does not seem possible

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Bormio said:

30 years - hard to believe.  Will Clark was on the Giants then - does not seem possible

Yep.The Thrill, Rick Reuchel, Robby Thompson, Chile Davis, The Caveman. A's were ridiculous that year too. Stew, Mike Moore, Bob Welch, Eck, Rickey, Canseco, Big Mac, Lansford...stacked. Where has the time gone? sigh.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Bormio said:

Good stuff.

There's a Seaver documentary on FoxSports.   I DVR'd it this morning and will watch it later.  As you know, Seaver was on the Redsox roster after being traded mid-season in 1986.    It would have been pretty cool to see him pitch in the WS one more time and especially vs the Mets, but not to be as he was not added to the postseason roster.   

• Like 2