New fieldhouse and athletic's center at Colquitt...

ORabidOne

is now going up adjacent to PACKER PARK! The two new facilities will include coach's offices, locker rooms, film room, weight room, whirlpools, training rooms, and a 30 yd. indoor practice area. The indoor practice facility will be a full scale structure, in addition to a full scale outdoor turf field!

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Except the tax dollars are funding the facilities, not the football program

Drive by failed.

You and Rab need to get your facts straight

i always believe anything anyone from GA tells me but I clearly see the contradiction now 

he speaks if new coachs' offices, whirlpools, and indoor practice facilities.  I believed him because I know the Hawks are beloved

4 minutes ago, Pops said:

i always believe anything anyone from GA tells me but I clearly see the contradiction now 

he speaks if new coachs' offices, whirlpools, and indoor practice facilities.  I believed him because I know the Hawks are beloved

Stupid post #705 from you.

Rab is correct in the new construction, as it is also true that ESPLOST is paying the bill.

Travel is funded by the football program itself, not county tax dollars.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pops said:

Blackhatter speaks the Gospel on this. Its public info ....Google it if you are in doubt

5 hours ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Stupid post #705 from you.

Rab is correct in the new construction, as it is also true that ESPLOST is paying the bill.

Travel is funded by the football program itself, not county tax dollars.

2 hours ago, 94Packer said:

Blackhatter speaks the Gospel on this. Its public info ....Google it if you are in doubt

Don't understand the relevance of the distinction

DLS doesn't get ANY public money for football or anything else.  They don't have whirlpools or indoor practice facilities -- their weight room is a 20x20 cinderblock that's shared w/ every other team on campus and might be the most used weight room/ sf in the country.  The football coaches all share one office.  We don't have a personalized 53' tractor/ trailer.  They have one football field to share among three teams.

And they've still travelled to NJ, FL, OH, TX, WA, HA, as well as playing SoCal (your equivilant of FL) annually 1-3 games

With all that public money to take care of the whirlpools and stuff, one might ask how a bit couldn't have been diverted to take Hawg Air on the road for a showcase or two

1 hour ago, Pops said:

DLS doesn't get ANY public money for football or anything else.  They don't have whirlpools or indoor practice facilities -- their weight room is a 20x20 cinderblock that's shared w/ every other team on campus and might be the most used weight room/ sf in the country.  The football coaches all share one office.  We don't have a personalized 53' tractor/ trailer.  They have one football field to share among three teams.

And they've still travelled to NJ, FL, OH, TX, WA, HA, as well as playing SoCal (your equivilant of FL) annually 1-3 games

With all that public money to take care of the whirlpools and stuff, one might ask how a bit couldn't have been diverted to take Hawg Air on the road for a showcase or two

Because it takes all the football program's funding (gate sales and donations) and sometimes more to cover the expenses we already have.

1 hour ago, Pops said:

DLS is a rich California Suburbia Catholic Private school.... 

Colquitt is a large Rural single county School.... 

All that BS you're spewing sounds ridiculous... sounds to me like DLS should stop collecting L's OOS and start spending money on better facilities....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pops said:

The tax payers of Colquitt County will vote for a new training facility, track facility, outdoor practice field, and indoor practice field, but will not pay to send the kids all over the US just to justify Maxpreps or Calpreps rankings. FACT. These facilities are not a weekend of glory they are an investment in the youth of Colquitt county and the future of the football program. We do have a large team.... why #1 We do have a superior Coach. #2 The program provides opportunities many of these kids would never have otherwise ...... well over 100 scholarships have come out of our football program in just the past 7 years. #3 The football team provides discipline to these kids that so many need  and if the want to stay in the football program they have to perform in the classroom. I could list reason after reason after reason as to why the citizens of Colquitt County will invest in not only the immediate future of the football team but also in future lives of these kids yet to come. Football is an avenue for success. Not in just winning games but in winning in life. If we choose to travel OOS for a game it comes out of either the normal football budget, team revenue, or boosters or a combination of the 3. Our boosters do a lot for our team and have gone so far as to help facilitate a nutrition program for the football team that provides up to 5 meals a day for players. And it's not junk food it is personalized nutrition programs that provide "super foods" high quality proteins vegetables etc... These kids perform not only better on the field with a proper diet they perform better in the classroom. Yes some of the new facilities are luxuries but why not make the kids want to belong to something special. A program that has nice facilities to train in. That promotes superior performance and enables the to push themselves to levels that afford them educational opportunities in the future that they might not receive otherwise. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pops said:

Also.... we don't have to travel all over the US to find decent competition.... There is plenty enough in the south. 

12 minutes ago, 94Packer said:

The tax payers of Colquitt County will vote for a new training facility, track facility, outdoor practice field, and indoor practice field, but will not pay to send the kids all over the US just to justify Maxpreps or Calpreps rankings. FACT. These facilities are not a weekend of glory they are an investment in the youth of Colquitt county and the future of the football program. We do have a large team.... why #1 We do have a superior Coach. #2 The program provides opportunities many of these kids would never have otherwise ...... well over 100 scholarships have come out of our football program in just the past 7 years. #3 The football team provides discipline to these kids that so many need  and if the want to stay in the football program they have to perform in the classroom. I could list reason after reason after reason as to why the citizens of Colquitt County will invest in not only the immediate future of the football team but also in future lives of these kids yet to come. Football is an avenue for success. Not in just winning games but in winning in life. If we choose to travel OOS for a game it comes out of either the normal football budget, team revenue, or boosters or a combination of the 3. Our boosters do a lot for our team and have gone so far as to help facilitate a nutrition program for the football team that provides up to 5 meals a day for players. And it's not junk food it is personalized nutrition programs that provide "super foods" high quality proteins vegetables etc... These kids perform not only better on the field with a proper diet they perform better in the classroom. Yes some of the new facilities are luxuries but why not make the kids want to belong to something special. A program that has nice facilities to train in. That promotes superior performance and enables the to push themselves to levels that afford them educational opportunities in the future that they might not receive otherwise. 

Dont waste truth and gospel on pops.... 

They dont care about what the kids experience... they rather see Colquitt go to California than have something more beneficiary in the long run like a Decent training facility. 

Perhaps DLS should invest a little more.... 

Dont give me that BS "You can do this but we cant excuse" DLS is a rich private school.... I know they could easily get a 10 million dollar facility. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Pops said:

They sure have a lot of nice stadium, facilities, trucks to always be too poor to travel to anywhere except 0-10 FL schools

We ARE the COLQUITT COUNTY PACKERS! We don't TRAVEL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The future 2010 NATIONAL CHAMPIONS, traveled ten hours to the HOG PEN!

8 hours ago, Pops said:

WHERE did old Rabido mention FUNDING? Would you prefer the deity known as El Rushbo, have his office in a cornfield? SHIRLEY you JEST?

2 hours ago, Pops said:

We don't HAFTA travel! American Heritage, Tampa Plant, South Panola, Hoover, and now Vista Murietta, travel to the HOG PEN!

And the Colquitt County Packers don't have a personalized 53 FT. tractor/trailer! They have TWO!xD One is for the band, and the other serves as a mobile training facility, if and when our playas get those pesky in game injuries!

And the REASON why they don't go to those hell holes, is because we don't DO crap stadiums! And WHICH of those states besides FLAAAWDA, has ever come to GEORGIA?

2 hours ago, Pops said:

HOW is it, that if we go on the road to some shithole in Jersey with 3,000 seats, it's a SHOWCASE? And OUR 8,000 seat stadium is a relative joke in your eyes?

14 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

HOW is it, that if we go on the road to some shithole in Jersey with 3,000 seats, it's a SHOWCASE? And OUR 8,000 seat stadium is a relative joke in your eyes?

It's not me RAb -- don't shoot the messenger

Hawg Air has a bit of a rep for claiming they're they greatest while not really trying to hard to prove it

its the price of admission to national elite recognition and sitting back as if they should come to CQ just comes across as skered shitless 

3 minutes ago, Pops said:

It's not me RAb -- don't shoot the messenger

Hawg Air has a bit of a rep for claiming they're they greatest while not really trying to hard to prove it

its the price of admission to national elite recognition and sitting back as if they should come to CQ just comes across as skered shitless 

DLS is a bunch of blowhard pansies.... 

You like to complain about How you guys dont have such and such.... but you can blow money on making trips to TX and NJ just to get your asses handed to you.

Why dont y'all try getting better facilities.... 

Then try playing OOS again.... 

8 minutes ago, Pops said:

Yes

im sure you guys friends a lot of good teams on the way to 0-10 Intl School

I love how Californians talk shit... 

But you guys dont have to do squat to get your rankings... you start the season off in the top 10.... based off of last seasons accomplishments no other state gets this.... 

Just CA.... 

INHERITED RANKINGS!!!

4 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

DLS is a bunch of blowhard pansies.... 

You like to complain about How you guys dont have such and such.... but you can blow money on making trips to TX and NJ just to get your asses handed to you.

Why dont y'all try getting better facilities.... 

Then try playing OOS again.... 

DLS doesn't need better facilities 

The kids get more out of playing for the #1 program of all time with their legendary coaches that don't hit kids on the sidelines, and enjoy their old free weights in a cinderblock house that have enabled them to be the strongest team in the country for 30 years than 

seems like it's a bit analagous to 2 guys, one with a giant **ck and one with a baby pencil-**ck -- where one is very secure and the other is massively compensating

3 hours ago, Pops said:

Yes

im sure you guys friends a lot of good teams on the way to 0-10 Intl School

Our schedule is very competitive every year. Everyone has to have a homecoming game, and regardless of whether it's college or high school you tend to schedule a less competitive team for homecoming...... Usually. It gives teams like ISB exposure and a healthy paycheck for their program. You've gotta remember Florida is open enrollment and if ISB continues to build their program and play top programs where the players get exposure the players might eventually actually start attracting players that need/want exposure they might not get elsewhere. For us it gives us a chance to let our 3's, and 4's get into the mix and actually get a healthy amount of playing time before they are thrown into the fire during a critical game. Call it right or wrong I don't care .... it is what it is. Also you might want to check ISB's schedule before you declare us as taking the easy way out.... They have a very solid schedule of top teams that usually treat them like a rag doll.... experience doesn't come without getting your ass kicked along the way and learning on the way up. As far as the facilities go cry to someone else. We have spent years building the football program here and the taxpayers of this county decided this is what they wanted to spend their tax dollars on. They have seen the benefits the program has produced and want to see it continue and get even better. As a side note the facilities are not strictly for football. The new weight training facility will be available to the entire high school. The outdoor fields, IPF, track facility will also host the track team, band, soccer if needed, baseball if needed, and the special olympics. Go enjoy your 20X20 cinderblck building.... we used to have facilities like that.... that was until the citizens of Colquitt county decided they wanted a little more for their kids.  By the way our new gym for our high school is top notch, the baseball, and softball facilities are very nice...especially since they got the field drainage fixed. We have very good rifle shooting facilities, and a skeet shooting facility that is the training place for the U.S junior national team, And we have a world class diving facility that hosted several countries leading up to 94 olympics in Atlanta... We also have more cotton, peanuts, and produce grown here than you could imagine.... As a matter of fact as of fact I will give you a gift from the Citizens of Colquitt county. You can take our gnats... that about the only thing down here we will gladly give you

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Pops said:

You girls need to come into the light of the BIG LEAGUES! Colquitt's current fieldhouse at the old school, has a section specifically designated for the SENIOR lounge and locker room area!

11 minutes ago, 94Packer said:

Our schedule is very competitive every year. Everyone has to have a homecoming game, and regardless of whether it's college or high school you tend to schedule a less competitive team for homecoming...... Usually. It gives teams like ISB exposure and a healthy paycheck for their program. You've gotta remember Florida is open enrollment and if ISB continues to build their program and play top programs where the players get exposure the players might eventually actually start attracting players that need/want exposure they might not get elsewhere. For us it gives us a chance to let our 3's, and 4's get into the mix and actually get a healthy amount of playing time before they are thrown into the fire during a critical game. Call it right or wrong I don't care .... it is what it is. Also you might want to check ISB's schedule before you declare us as taking the easy way out.... They have a very solid schedule of top teams that usually treat them like a rag doll.... experience doesn't come without getting your ass kicked along the way and learning on the way up. As far as the facilities go cry to someone else. We have spent years building the football program here and the taxpayers of this county decided this is what they wanted to spend their tax dollars on. They have seen the benefits the program has produced and want to see it continue and get even better. As a side note the facilities are not strictly for football. The new weight training facility will be available to the entire high school. The outdoor fields, IPF, track facility will also host the track team, band, soccer if needed, baseball if needed, and the special olympics. Go enjoy your 20X20 cinderblck building.... we used to have facilities like that.... that was until the citizens of Colquitt county decided they wanted a little more for their kids.  By the way our new gym for our high school is top notch, the baseball, and softball facilities are very nice...especially since they got the field drainage fixed. We have very good rifle shooting facilities, and a skeet shooting facility that is the training place for the U.S junior national team, And we have a world class diving facility that hosted several countries leading up to 94 olympics in Atlanta... We also have more cotton, peanuts, and produce grown here than you could imagine.... As a matter of fact as of fact I will give you a gift from the Citizens of Colquitt county. You can take our gnats... that about the only thing down here we will gladly give you

You KNOW, there is an APP for that! The GNATS I mean! It's called MOSQUITO SPRAY!xD WE didn't have gnats when I went to PACKERLAND High!

• Like 1