OT:Poppy Hills golf course comedy

NorCalRuss

So, A buddy and I golfed Poppy Hills Friday afternoon and I had 2 things happen that have never before happens in my hundreds of rounds of golf. 

1. Par 3 12 I believe it was. It's the par 3 over ravine, pin was front left.  I hit a towering 9 iron just right and in front of pin on green. It landed softly and stopped a few feet from pin.  We all celebrate. 

As we driving over the bridge to get to green we see a ball in middle on bridge. I joke to a guy we playing with that he must play it from there... well, joke was on me as we look and see the ball was mine. Somehow as we left the box, my ball trickeled down off the green, thru the rough, onto the cart path and rolled all the way to middle of bridge. I couldn't believe it. 

Next hole, I'm 5 feet off green and putting up hill and ball went up green about 25 feet and decided to return to me and then some. Putt again, the ball returned to me again. On 4th putt I finally get my ball to stay on the green. It was hilarious and frustrating at same time! 

Was a great course and I know a few on here play there so I figured you would get a good laugh! 

IMG_3301.JPG

• Like 1

11 hours ago, NorCalRuss said:

So, A buddy and I golfed Poppy Hills Friday afternoon and I had 2 things happen that have never before happens in my hundreds of rounds of golf. 

1. Par 3 12 I believe it was. It's the par 3 over ravine, pin was front left.  I hit a towering 9 iron just right and in front of pin on green. It landed softly and stopped a few feet from pin.  We all celebrate. 

As we driving over the bridge to get to green we see a ball in middle on bridge. I joke to a guy we playing with that he must play it from there... well, joke was on me as we look and see the ball was mine. Somehow as we left the box, my ball trickeled down off the green, thru the rough, onto the cart path and rolled all the way to middle of bridge. I couldn't believe it. 

Next hole, I'm 5 feet off green and putting up hill and ball went up green about 25 feet and decided to return to me and then some. Putt again, the ball returned to me again. On 4th putt I finally get my ball to stay on the green. It was hilarious and frustrating at same time! 

Was a great course and I know a few on here play there so I figured you would get a good laugh! 

IMG_3301.JPG

That's funny.  Only because it was not me.  Congrats for keeping the clubs in the bag.  I've discovered I can throw a club a looong way. ?

Great game though.  All it takes for me is 1 good shot per round and it's a success.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, World Citizen said:

That's funny.  Only because it was not me.  Congrats for keeping the clubs in the bag.  I've discovered I can throw a club a looong way. ?

Great game though.  All it takes for me is 1 good shot per round and it's a success.  

That good shot has to be near the end of the round, though.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, World Citizen said:

I don't get mad at all when i golf. I figured it out long ago that I'm not a pro and not near good enough to get pissed. Better than working or doing yard work is the way I see it. My best friend gets super frustrated, so we do our best to help him get as mad as possible. ???

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

Poppy Hills was much easier than I had expected. It's very forgiving course from tee box to green area,  then it was brutal. It's all about short game there with placement. 

It's an NCGA course so they have guidelines on difficulty. Nice little course tho.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

It's an NCGA course so they have guidelines on difficulty. Nice little course tho.

Ya, I was talking to guy in clubhouse afterwards and he said they had to make it easier. He said they don't change a thing when tour events ( senior tour this year) will be played there. 

Have you played Cinnabar Hills? I liked that course. Pretty difficult if ya can't see where your hitting into for first time. Played there few months ago. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, NorCalRuss said:

I don't get mad at all when i golf. I figured it out long ago that I'm not a pro and not near good enough to get pissed. Better than working or doing yard work is the way I see it. My best friend gets super frustrated, so we do our best to help him get as mad as possible. ???

Lol. Excellent practice for your friend on his anger issues.  Nice to have friends like you. ?  As for me throwing a club or two, those clubs had it coming to them.  They were unwilling to comply. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, NorCalRuss said:

Ya, I was talking to guy in clubhouse afterwards and he said they had to make it easier. He said they don't change a thing when tour events ( senior tour this year) will be played there. 

Have you played Cinnabar Hills? I liked that course. Pretty difficult if ya can't see where your hitting into for first time. Played there few months ago. 

Love cinnabar in mo hill.

• Like 1