Ohio Playoffs Round 2

Coletrain06

On 11/12/2019 at 11:24 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

A close friend coaches in the Greater Miami Conference. He told me McClain will be back. IMO the fact that FF already took Colerain to OT without the services of its star RB for much of the game bodes well for them in this rematch. FF +1

How did that work out for ya? Maybe listen to someone closer to the program and the history. I believe you should listen to coletrain way before a friend or source.🤣

• Thanks 4

26 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

Stage too big for Fairfield!  

0-2 on calling this game? Fairfield has the athletes to compete, just not there mentally yet. Colerains D is what will carry them. Also seeing 2 players from defense playing on offense has sparked the cards offense. Kinda like last year with Ivan, syn and jj going both ways. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, CardinalTruth said:

0-2 on calling this game? Fairfield has the athletes to compete, just not there mentally yet. Colerains D is what will carry them. Also seeing 2 players from defense playing on offense has sparked the cards offense. Kinda like last year with Ivan, syn and jj going both ways. 

0-3 as I picked Fairfield last year's regular season game as well.  I went with friendship in picking this game.  Fairfield didn't contain the edge all night.  Colerain gashed them on the outside and hit some good passes to keep Fairfield honest.  It will be a battle with Elder next week.

1 minute ago, nptb17 said:

0-3 as I picked Fairfield last year's regular season game as well.  I went with friendship in picking this game.  Fairfield didn't contain the edge all night.  Colerain gashed them on the outside and hit some good passes to keep Fairfield honest.  It will be a battle with Elder next week.

I oddly like this matchup. Haven’t had a good elder colerain game in awhile. I like colerains secondary much better then X. They both haven’t seen much of each other so it makes it intriguing. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, nptb17 said:

The edge has always burned Fairfield. Not sure why they didn't have more plays to the edge in the first matchup.

• Like 1

Devastating news outta Colerain 

Star 2 way player RB/LB Jaylen Thomas was in an automobile accident last night or this morning and is in the hospital. He's fine, but scheduled to have surgery Monday to take care of some things.

https://www.wcpo.com/sports/high-school-sports/colerain-football-team-shows-support-for-injured-standout-rb-jaylen-thomas

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

Devastating news outta Colerain 

Star 2 way player RB/LB Jaylen Thomas was in an automobile accident last night or this morning and is in the hospital. He's fine, but scheduled to have surgery Monday to take care of some things.

https://www.wcpo.com/sports/high-school-sports/colerain-football-team-shows-support-for-injured-standout-rb-jaylen-thomas

Sorry to hear that. Terrible news. Hopefully the young man makes a full recovery.