Ohio Playoffs Round 2

Coletrain06

3 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

Just looking at the geography of the teams left in D1....

If Springfield wins, I would think they would get the Region 4 winner......

Groveport and Pickerington are near each other, so if Coffman wins,......it could really go either way

Damn you forward thinking! 

Nobody really cares till next week

Who is your final 4

here is mine so far perfect bracket so sure I will crash & burn

Eds, DC, PC , Elder 😀

19 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

Devastating news outta Colerain 

Star 2 way player RB/LB Jaylen Thomas was in an automobile accident last night or this morning and is in the hospital. He's fine, but scheduled to have surgery Monday to take care of some things.

https://www.wcpo.com/sports/high-school-sports/colerain-football-team-shows-support-for-injured-standout-rb-jaylen-thomas

This is pretty significant and devastating....offense was really finding there grove with him in, let alone the void on defense without him. Pretty big blow this far into the playoffs. I can only hope someone steps up, but those are some big shoes to fill. Him and pace coming over to the offensive side of the ball is what sparked this offense.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CardinalTruth said:

This is pretty significant and devastating....offense was really finding there grove with him in, let alone the void on defense without him. Pretty big blow this far into the playoffs. I can only hope someone steps up, but those are some big shoes to fill. Him and pace coming over to the offensive side of the ball is what sparked this offense.  

Very true. He is our best RB, not to mention that this puts us down our 2 best LB's also. 

Pace will have to be full time RB. Im thinking Hamzah moves to the wing and Flowers comes in at FB.

It will take a monumental effort this week

13 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

Very true. He is our best RB, not to mention that this puts us down our 2 best LB's also. 

Pace will have to be full time RB. Im thinking Hamzah moves to the wing and Flowers comes in at FB.

It will take a monumental effort this week

Monumental effort from the players as well as a monumental effort from the coaching staff. I was really liking the way this Colerain team was coming together the last few weeks, so much so that I was inching towards making them my pick to come out of the region. They are just the type of team that could give Elder problems. Speed and ball control. Not writing them off yet, but this certainly hurts. 

And speaking of injuries, the Hoban/Massillon game we've all been waiting for in D2 just got more interesting with the recent absences of Trayanum and Clark from the Hoban offense. It took everything Hoban could muster to come back and beat Mayfield last week. The word on Trayanum was that they were just being cautious, but it seems his prolonged absence could be something more serious. Not sure the extent of Clark's injury, but that is a huge blow to their passing game. Hoban will need to score points against Massillon, and with a secondary that has shown to be their area of greatest vulnerability, Massillon brings the best receiving combo in the state in Ballard and Lamp to the table.