Columbus vs Deerfield Beach

Columbiafan

2 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Deer Jerkey got stuffed at the 2 on 4th down. 

Jerkey gonna Jerkey.

This has to be Columbus’ year. I don’t think they ever won a title and they are peaking at the right time. I don’t think Apopka will slow them down 

Apopka runs a very strange offense. I don’t see them winning state after watching their game vs Seminole last week 

17 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Deer Jerkey got stuffed at the 2 on 4th down. 

Jerkey gonna Jerkey.

This has to be Columbus’ year. I don’t think they ever won a title and they are peaking at the right time. I don’t think Apopka will slow them down 

Apopka has been hot in playoffs, i wouldn't count them out

Apopka always seems to win titles when they aren't expected to

Though Columbus is hot in playoffs as well so should be a good 8a final if we get that 

33 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

So they still run single wing?

I wasn't sure if they did after Darlington left to coach at Enterprise

Yes, mostly single wing with a few spread series. But not as much razzle dazzle as when Darlington was there. This year, Apopka has relied on the defense and special teams to put the offense in good position to score. If Apopka beats Steinbrenner, much as I would not have thought so at the beginning of the season, I now think they will win 8A.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Yes, mostly single wing with a few spread series. But not as much razzle dazzle as when Darlington was there. This year, Apopka has relied on the defense and special teams to put the offense in good position to score. If Apopka beats Steinbrenner, much as I would not have thought so at the beginning of the season, I now think they will win 8A.

You don't think Columbus can beat Apopka?

1 minute ago, DarterBlue said:

No. Columbus will not beat Apopka. Deerfield would have the better chance. It is a matter of strengths and weaknesses of the two teams. If @Nolebull813 was not a coward, assuming it is Columbus vs Apopka, I have some money I would like to wager. 

You are the coward!! I begged you to take Edgewater in the semis and I told you I would take Lakeland or Armwood. 

We can wager $50 each game if you choose. I got Armwood over Edgewater and Columbus over Apopka. 

You have to give me a $20 inconvenience fee if Steinbrenner beats Apopka. Lol. 

11 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Is guru still going to claim Columbus is not one of the top 8A teams? Or will he play the "they're a totally different team now" card?

Of course, as usual, I never said that.

I questioned the wisdom of saying that Columbus and Osceola were two of the best teams in week 2.

Are you going to retract your claim about Osceola because they lost to Steinbrenner?

Didn't think so.

🤡

• Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Of course, as usual, I never said that.

I questioned the wisdom of saying that Columbus and Osceola were two of the best teams in week 2.

Are you going to retract your claim about Osceola because they lost to Steinbrenner?

Didn't think so.

🤡

Osceola and Columbus were two of the best teams in 8A this year. As is Steinbrenner, as odd as it sounds. 

15 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Osceola and Columbus were two of the best teams in 8A this year. As is Steinbrenner, as odd as it sounds. 

No they weren't.

Osceola beat nobody all year.

They did really well against the emotions and/or abstractions: Harmony, Celebration, Liberty, Freedom.

Otherwise, they didn't beat a soul.

You're only saying this because they played Lakeland in a spring game or kickoff classic.

No other reason.

6 minutes ago, The Guru said:

No they weren't.

They did really well against the emotions and/or abstractions: Harmony, Celebration, Liberty, Freedom.

You're only saying this because they played Lakeland in a spring game or kickoff classic.

No other reason.

They've consistently been ranked near the top of 8A. They beat a pretty good Dr. Phillips team. They lost to a Columbus team playing for the title by four points. You're poo-pooing them because they lost to a team that sounds like a nobody, but is actually pretty good by 8A standards, hence they are in the final four.

The Lakeland game was a kickoff classic played exactly like any other game.

2 hours ago, The Guru said:

No they weren't.

No other reason.

Entire post bashing Osceola

No response to Columbus, why is that?

🤡