HOW CAN YOU POSSIBLY....

mje44

I like USC. I've liked them since the 70s. We got their coach, John McKay, in Tampa Bay when I was a young kid. And that led me to like the Trojans. I followed them ever since.

I at first I didn't like the move. But the more I see what's going on around the country, I think stability is good. He has recruited reasonably well. He seems to have a very good young quarterback and two more in backup positions if needed.

Give him another two years and if he's not competing for a pac-12 title by then, then move on. But for now it's not a bad move.

1 hour ago, 181pl said:

I like USC. I've liked them since the 70s. We got their coach, John McKay, in Tampa Bay when I was a young kid. And that led me to like the Trojans. I followed them ever since.

I at first I didn't like the move. But the more I see what's going on around the country, I think stability is good. He has recruited reasonably well. He seems to have a very good young quarterback and two more in backup positions if needed.

Give him another two years and if he's not competing for a pac-12 title by then, then move on. But for now it's not a bad move.

https://www.latimes.com/sports/usc/story/2019-12-04/column-usc-is-keeping-clay-helton-what-is-mike-bohn-thinking

This article does a good job reflecting our anger.

We're done with Clay Helton. He should have been gone 2 years ago. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 181pl said:

If Stability Means an 8-4 Record, losing to BYU, Notre Dame, getting your doors Blown off By Alabama and Oregon and playing an noncompetitive games against Washington and Less then 30k attending games in So Cal then you are Right...

I wouldn't say he is a "Reasonably Good" Recruiter because USC recruits itself... Any Coach could get the 67th Ranked Recruiting class at USC... There are enough So Cal Kids alone who dreamed of going to SC that would go there anyway like JT Daniels...

This was a huge mistake and I think there is just something else working here and it has to do with money... Like I said before, I believe USC couldn't get the Coach they really wanted so they decided not to spend $20 million buying out Helton and another $25 to $30 Million on their "Second Choice"...

I have no clue who the next Coach should be, but USC needs a Culture change right now in their Football Program... Their Defense is Soft and Not Physical and their Offense stinks against good teams... Next year looks like more of the same...

I hope I am 100% wrong about all this because I am a Huge SC Fan, but I just cant keep watching the mediocrity and lack of competitiveness against the Nations Top Teams...

• Thanks 1