Bishop Sullivan VA schedule out

golfaddict1

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

They'll be pretty screwed for other sports if they get suspended from the TCIS and the member schools won't schedule them. Not a ton of other options for private schools in that area.

About 200 miles from downtown D. C. to Norfolk.  Gilman and St. Frances are about 250.  The mileage is almost misleading since I 95 is the heaviest travelled interstate in the Mid Atlantic.  On many days it takes more than an hour just to go 30 miles on the Beltway around D. C.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 5/3/2017 at 10:07 PM, BigDrop said:

About 200 miles from downtown D. C. to Norfolk.  Gilman and St. Frances are about 250.  The mileage is almost misleading since I 95 is the heaviest travelled interstate in the Mid Atlantic.  On many days it takes more than an hour just to go 30 miles on the Beltway around D. C.

I work in DC and I drive that Corridor 3 times a week, it is not that bad and if that is the impact for the unheeded warning it is reality.

Look I am all in if they are recruiting people into their faith and making more catholics, increasing their conversion rate. Statistically look at all the new transfer in students. Take out those who are military kids (no choice have to move with orders) Then do a statistical review of the remaining new students. How many are new Catholics, they are a Catholic school? How many followed the Coach? How many received discounted tuition not being catholic or scholarshiped but did not come from their 8 feeder schools. I am just saying deep forensic review of the financial facts would be telling. Although I am sure that will not happen. Why is the school suffering, because actions have consequences. It is sad but isn't that the problem in America in general.

On 5/3/2017 at 6:48 PM, MA Fan said:

They'll be pretty screwed for other sports if they get suspended from the TCIS and the member schools won't schedule them. Not a ton of other options for private schools in that area.

"The league release said the “suspension will be reviewed annually starting in January of 2018,” and Shinofield said the length of the suspension could change. But in an interview, she added the suspension for the 2017-18 school year won’t be reversed."

Guest LOSer
On 5/3/2017 at 4:05 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

Love that they're giving the middle finger to the VISAA in order to play the best competition they can annually. They get it. 

I agree but where do you fall with IMG?

Because it would awfully hypocritical for you to fall in line with the rest of the board on them when Bishop Sullivan is trying to do the same thing.

You have to look at what is more important i guess? The 12 game regular season and having the best teams that you can find and being ok with that or playing the tough schedule plus playing for a state title at the end of the year. It almost seems to be at the point were football needs to be its own entity and then the rest of the sports esp for the schools that we talk about here the perennial nationally relevant schools

Just now, LOSer said:

I agree but where do you fall with IMG?

Because it would awfully hypocritical for you to fall in line with the rest of the board on them when Bishop Sullivan is trying to do the same thing.

BS is trying to recruit kids from all over the US and dorm them?

Guest LOSer
2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

BS is trying to recruit kids from all over the US and dorm them?

They got suspended from their league for giving athletic scholarships.

It's funny how other schools who don't get kids from all over the US and don't dorm them get conflated with IMG.

But a program that gets suspended from their league because of their athletic philosophy and plays an independent schedule which makes them ineligible for the playoffs isn't.

Guest LOSer
20 minutes ago, FootballMom said:

Look I am all in if they are recruiting people into their faith and making more catholics, increasing their conversion rate.

Nothing like a little proselytizing with your football, huh Mom? 

Just now, LOSer said:

They got suspended from their league for giving athletic scholarships.

It's funny how other schools who don't get kids from all over the US and don't dorm them get conflated with IMG.

But a program that gets suspended from their league because of their athletic philosophy and plays an independent schedule which makes them ineligible for the playoffs isn't.

According to the article they help all kids with the tuition if needed not just the football players. 

Guest LOSer
23 minutes ago, FootballMom said:

How many are new Catholics, they are a Catholic school? How many followed the Coach? How many received discounted tuition not being catholic or scholarshiped but did not come from their 8 feeder schools. I am just saying deep forensic review of the financial facts would be telling. Although I am sure that will not happen. Why is the school suffering, because actions have consequences. It is sad but isn't that the problem in America in general.

You tell them, Mom.

We can't be giving any non-Catholics a good education and a chance at a college scholarship.

That's the problem with America.

Too much openness and opportunity.

Guest LOSer
1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

According to the article they help all kids with the tuition if needed not just the football players. 

Well, I think we should believe whatever they say then.

9_9

Just now, LOSer said:

Well, I think we should believe whatever they say then.

9_9

I understand what your saying. But like i said and GSB said in his IMG post. These schools that we talk about should maybe all break away from there conference division districts etc etc and just play 12 games. No playoffs no state titles. Just find 12 schools that you feel is up par with your school and go for it.