GHSA

MTP28

Slowly but surely Georgia is allowing high school football to deteriorate because of money. Initially the attraction to play in the dome was due to the venue. Now they want folks to go to old Turner Field and sit in bad weather after paying $20 plus dollars. Not sure but it appears the needs of the southern part of the state are not being served or considered. Much like the NCAA taking Money and catering to the needs of a few. Discussions have raged for years. So again set the venue in Macon and have all the teams meet and play there now that the dome has imploded.

11 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

In Florida venues bid to host. Does that happen in GA? I think the issue in Georgia is there is no centrally located stadium that is big enough to host 15-20K or more. 

Paulson stadium in Statesboro at Georgia Southern  is the closest thing...... But Statesboro is outta the way. 

3 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

In Florida venues bid to host. Does that happen in GA? I think the issue in Georgia is there is no centrally located stadium that is big enough to host 15-20K or more. 

Actually there’s Mercer’s Football stadium. Of course I’d rather play at home

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

Mercer (Five Star Stadium) seats slightly over 10,000.   But...

I would NEVER allow Lowndes to play there.....

Rufus>>

Let’s see, if I’m not mistaken pretty sure they would like the “pesos” as you say. Centrally located access for all points in the state. While I know North Morven holds a lot of clout but some times it’s just the right thing to do.