The Ghost and the Darkness (film)

ChimpGrip

29 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Does anyone here remember that movie? What did you think?

Back when Val still resembled Iceman🤣 I thought it was pretty intriguing movie. Pretty creepy that they couldn’t catch that damn thing. It was based on a true story. I’ve been always meaning to look up the real story and see how accurate the movie was. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Blueliner said:

Back when Val still resembled Iceman🤣 I thought it was pretty intriguing movie. Pretty creepy that they couldn’t catch that damn thing. It was based on a true story. I’ve been always meaning to look up the real story and see how accurate the movie was. 

Yeah me and a guy who stayed at our home for a week (a professional hunter from South Africa) we’re talking about how dangerous lions are, and that they’re generally not as bad as you think unless they’re hungry. That made me think of this classic movie. 

Did some research. These lions may have killed, and ate, upwards of a 100 men. More likely around 30 according to historical researchers. But still...30! Draggin' dudes off in the middle of the night while they're sleeping in shit. All because one of them, as some theorized, had a jacked up tooth that rendered him unable to catch normal prey. Apparently humans were easy pickins (we're not very fast relatively speaking for sure)...and when you're hungry, even human tastes like chicken. Just ask the Donner Party (yes, bad taste joke, but ya get the point). Maybe the democraps can do an investigation to find the "truth" somehow and impeach these lions posthumously.

• Haha 1

On 12/24/2019 at 1:17 PM, Blueliner said:

Did some research. These lions may have killed, and ate, upwards of a 100 men. More likely around 30 according to historical researchers. But still...30! Draggin' dudes off in the middle of the night while they're sleeping in shit. All because one of them, as some theorized, had a jacked up tooth that rendered him unable to catch normal prey. Apparently humans were easy pickins (we're not very fast relatively speaking for sure)...and when you're hungry, even human tastes like chicken. Just ask the Donner Party (yes, bad taste joke, but ya get the point). Maybe the democraps can do an investigation to find the "truth" somehow and impeach these lions posthumously.

From what I know, the Tsavo Lions were not big, male beasts by any means. 

People think lions are tough... wait until you see a hippo. The professional hunter told me they are more dangerous than even the mighty Cape Buffalo. And they bully (and kill) large crocodiles. 

On 12/23/2019 at 3:25 PM, ChimpGrip said:

Does anyone here remember that movie? What did you think?

Wow blast from the past!  Always annoyed the hell out of me they couldn’t catch those damn lions.  Didn’t they have them locked in a train car at one point and were shooting at them and they still managed to survive?