SOTU incivility in 2009 & the Media's response

Testadura

41 minutes ago, Horsefly said:

Every body will say they are fair!  😂 

go look at who the public views as the more neutral sources, PBS, AP and NPR are top of the list 

I'm a lawyer.  I always try to sound neutral.  I'm not bad at it.  I'm never neutral.  I'm always running my game.  (I'm in the middle of that interview WC sent me--so, not so much now.)

How are we talking about NPR?  The public generally are sheep, and they're biased.  We agree, we're all hustling, except when we're shackled.

I've been litigating 6 yrs against 1 of the top 10 lawyers in the U.S., who lectures on lawyer civility and honesty--and he's the fucking worst at the latter all the time, and the worst at the former when the Judge isn't looking.

The thread is about incivility and the resulting selective crocodile tears and moans.  Trump knows all those in the Establishment better than almost anyone.  He knows they're full of shit, which is why he pisses on them publicly.  He doesn't have time to make believe that he respects them.  They screwed us and put us in this position.  He probably feels that they should be shot.

I'm not saying that that's right.  but see how civil Nancy is when she feels triggered or rebuffed, or she doesn't respect the person.  that was utterly despicable, and she just got Trump more votes.  right, the public's view on things is paramount, determinative???

as usual, I think we're saying some of the same things, and lines are getting crossed

35 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

I see Fox as a propaganda machine that lies far to often and this can be proven.  The MSNBC/CNN outlets most definitely are slanted heavily to the left but I have not had anybody prove that they are fake and that they lie.  When mistakes are made they admit it and correct it.  Not the case with Fox.

Most of the media is opinions and predictions and not much actual news anymore.  

I think we're saying much of the same thing. 

So, were the "better" news sources more up in arms with Wilson and the 2009 Obama boos, or with Nancy the ripper and the AOC gals in white booing?

3 minutes ago, Testadura said:

I think we're saying much of the same thing. 

So, were the "better" news sources more up in arms with Wilson and the 2009 Obama boos, or with Nancy the ripper and the AOC gals in white booing?

Lol @ Nancy the ripper, that should stick.  I would exclude 'were' and say that some news is simply more reliable in regards to facts than others.  As for the Obama boos or AOC gals booing, lack of dignity and decency is not a valuable trait.  I don't feel the need to attribute evil intent to people with whom I disagree, even if I disagree in the strongest terms.  I don't think that those who support Trump are evil or hate this country but I do hear that type of incivility from the right and have been hearing it since the Gingrich era.  Savage, Limbaugh and those like that have brought into our national politics and our social interactions among citizens the idea that those with differing opinions on how to run the country have bad intentions and are an enemy of good God fearing Americans.  I can't remember hearing of any on the more liberal side doing anything similar.  If there have been I have not heard of it.  

Now we have citizens turning on each other and even when one can verify something as fact, it is rarely done but instead will claim it a hoax or fake.  Take Russia and our 2016 election, a Republican initiated the investigation, ran by Republicans, a report completed and given to Congress by a Republican, is considered to be a hoax by Democrats.  Not one of those who believe it was a hoax have even read the Mueller report.  This is upside down world and a true battle with reality that is being fought by these people.  People can think how they want to of course but to disregard verifiable facts is dangerous and will lead to nowhere we say we want to be.

We see what we believe is there and we believe it there because we want it there.  Perception is a mirror and not a fact.  What we look on is our state of mind, reflected outward.  It is a choice and I truly wish we would choose better and have better thoughts about our fellow humans and the world we want to create.  I fail all the time and am a work in progress in this regard.  

I don't think I answered your question though.  Lol

• Like 1

9 hours ago, concha said:

He didn't shake Pence's hand.

He had handed over the speech to Pelosi and had begun to turn away.

Those aren't really interpretations. They are facts.

You're welcome.

Continue soiling yourself.

Maybe you haven’t heard yet....

Horsefly has this amazing ability that no one else does and looks at things independently and no tribal connections....