OT: This Would Truly Drive the Left (More) Batsheet

concha

Anybody see the latest "Independent Lens" broadcast on PBS ?  "Forever Pure"  is an 86 minute story on an Israeli soccer club ( Beitar Jerusalem F.C. ) that acquirers two Chechnya Muslim players ( not Arabs ) to make a playoff run. This was the only team remaining in Israeli league history to never have a Muslim player on it's roster. And you quickly see why!  The fans are brutal and uncompromising in their hate for these two clueless foreigners and to any of their Jewish teammates that welcome them. Think Mississippi and Alabama in the 1950's. It's an eye opener. ( PBS.org ) ....free viewing    

• Like 2

15 hours ago, dan in daytona said:

Anybody see the latest "Independent Lens" broadcast on PBS ?  "Forever Pure"  is an 86 minute story on an Israeli soccer club ( Beitar Jerusalem F.C. ) that acquirers two Chechnya Muslim players ( not Arabs ) to make a playoff run. This was the only team remaining in Israeli league history to never have a Muslim player on it's roster. And you quickly see why!  The fans are brutal and uncompromising in their hate for these two clueless foreigners and to any of their Jewish teammates that welcome them. Think Mississippi and Alabama in the 1950's. It's an eye opener. ( PBS.org ) ....free viewing    

Sounds like a must see.

On 5/19/2017 at 1:30 PM, noonereal said:

i am still trying to figure out why so much of both the left and right are so mindlessly pro Israel. 

i have never heard a compelling reason. 

Why do Muslims and Supremacist want to Genocide the Jews?

"The land is described repeatedly in the Torah as a good land and "a land flowing with milk and honey" (e.g., Ex. 3:8). This description may not seem to fit well with the desert images we see on the nightly news, but let's keep in mind that the land was repeatedly abused by conquerors who were determined to make the land uninhabitable for the Jews. In the few decades since the Jewish people regained control of the land, we have seen a tremendous improvement in its agriculture. Israeli agriculture today has a very high yield.

Jews have lived in this land continuously from the time of its original conquest by Joshua more than 3200 years ago until the present day, though Jews were not always in political control of the land, and Jews were not always the majority of the land's population."

18 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think people get anti-semetic mixed up with not wanting to sell the farm to protect Israel... especially when Israel has reneged on their promises time and again as it pertains to Palestine. 

I honestly think it comes down to religion as to why so many support backing Israel and supporting their theft of land. 

I think you are right that some people get it mixed up.  There is a lot of those mixups these days, assumptions and blanket statements that define a large # of people.