Would you get the Amex Centurion if...

ChimpGrip

If you met the criteria and received an invite, based on it's perks, would you accept the annual fee and get it? From what I've been told by someone who's got one, to get the invite you need to charge $50K a more a month for 12 months on an Amex card. For Business version, its about 10 times that a month you need to spend. I'd like to have one of these one day.

Just now, zulu1128 said:

Probably not. The Delta Reserve AMEX combined with Diamond Mediallion status pretty much delivers the most bang for the buck fo me. 

Ah got the Delta Reserve? Like it better than the charge card products? 

Also, Amex may be releasing a new card - the "Optio" card. Just a rumor for now though. 

3 minutes ago, ChimpGrip said:

Ah got the Delta Reserve? Like it better than the charge card products? 

Also, Amex may be releasing a new card - the "Optio" card. Just a rumor for now though. 

I do...strictly from a road warrior perspective. MQM bonuses, companion certificate, SkyClub access etc. are pretty nice bennies. Hopefully I start flying again before annual fee time hits lol. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

I do...strictly from a road warrior perspective. MQM bonuses, companion certificate, SkyClub access etc. are pretty nice bennies. Hopefully I start flying again before annual fee time hits lol. 

Ah I see. Which charge card did you have? I'm a happy camper with the gold card. If I could get a company up and running I'd like to have the Corporate or Biz platinum. 

1 hour ago, ChimpGrip said:

If you met the criteria and received an invite, based on it's perks, would you accept the annual fee and get it? From what I've been told by someone who's got one, to get the invite you need to charge $50K a more a month for 12 months on an Amex card. For Business version, its about 10 times that a month you need to spend. I'd like to have one of these one day.

AMEX Black is the best. 

1 hour ago, ChimpGrip said:

How can one charge 50k a month, when the credit line is only 15k? Lol

8 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

How can one charge 50k a month, when the credit line is only 15k? Lol

$15K isn’t the credit line. The card has an initiation fee of $10,000 (if you accept the invite) plus an annual fee of $5K. So in your first year of being a Centurion cardholder, you will pay $15K in fees. 

Amex charge card’s don’t have preset spending limits. They’re charge cards, not credit cards. 

You have to spend $50K or more per month on an personal Amex charge card (ie the green, gold,  or platinum cards) to trigger an invite. And you obviously need to be in good standing with American Express. 

For the business card, I’ve been told you need to charge around $5-6 million over 12 months on an Amex business charge card to get an invite. A little easier to obtain since you could put all expenses on a company charge card and possibly hit the threshold and receive an invite.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Cossacks said:

Fuck yeah kid. You know how many Geisha’s you can get. Think about it, a full foot parade of Asian broads and maybe pick up a new dumbbell or two.

Shiiiitt I'd put a new home gym on it and put on a foot parade that makes the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade look like puny

• Haha 1