4 Manatee County coaches suspended/fined

golfaddict1

23 minutes ago, 181pl said:

Who F'in cares? This is really stupid. Don't we have bigger issues to worry about?

If these kids attended the camps voluntarily and the coaches tried to sell them on their respective programs, so what?

Guy who obsesses about the deleterious effect of transfers now says that nobody cares about this, there are bigger issues to worry about and that this shouldn't be a violation.

Classic.

• Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, The Guru said:

Guy who obsesses about the deleterious effect of transfers now says that nobody cares about this, there are bigger issues to worry about and that this shouldn't be a violation.

Classic.

Guess you really are too much a coward to respond to what I really said since you only respond to what I say when you can twist it and make it sound ridiculous because you can't argue what I actually said and now are pretending your deaf and blind

4 hours ago, 181pl said:

Who F'in cares? This is really stupid. Don't we have bigger issues to worry about?

If these kids attended the camps voluntarily and the coaches tried to sell them on their respective programs, so what?

Yep. We see such an odd contradiction in how people react to this stuff. We see die-hard, "free market", "school choice" conservatives, always quick to spot a "commy", thoroughly enraged at the idea that a kid and his family may scope out all of the options and choose the one they prefer. Somehow, they are able to square the idea that everyone should have an equally distributed allotment of players as determined by a governing agency with all of their other tribal allegiances. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, The Guru said:

Classic.

I can't speak for him, but, for me, transfers are a bigger deal than scouting out programs while in middle school. I'm OK with Lakeland getting a disproportionate share of talent because families picked the program in advance of high school. I'm not OK with them getting the best DL from Kathleen in early August because the kid had an argument with the Kathleen coaches and abruptly said "peace". (That happened last year).

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, badrouter said:

I can't speak for him, but, for me, transfers are a bigger deal than scouting out programs while in middle school. I'm OK with Lakeland getting a disproportionate share of talent because families picked the program in advance of high school. I'm not OK with them getting the best DL from Kathleen in early August because the kid had an argument with the Kathleen coaches and abruptly said "peace". (That happened last year).

But this issues usually breaks down like this: it's all about how you feel about it.

I don't think we should legislate based on feel.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, The Guru said:

But this issues usually breaks down like this: it's all about how you feel about it.

I don't think we should legislate based on feel.

I agree. But, as players whimsically hop around, leaving their former teams in the lurch, overall interest figures to wane. Legislation may not be the answer, but still, the long-term profitability of sports is further in question. When people have the (largely accurate) perception that the game they are watching is little more than a collection of individuals all doing "what's best for me and my family", it kills the "team" vibe which draws so many of us in in the first place.

11 minutes ago, badrouter said:

I agree. But, as players whimsically hop around, leaving their former teams in the lurch, overall interest figures to wane. Legislation may not be the answer, but still, the long-term profitability of sports is further in question. When people have the (largely accurate) perception that the game they are watching is little more than a collection of individuals all doing "what's best for me and my family", it kills the "team" vibe which draws so many of us in in the first place.

The people that you are referring to are by far the smallest cohort of fans.

People who go to high school football games include:

• family/friends
  • students
  • those drawn to community
  • other

Other being the smallest group.

Do people stop going to NBA games because every single person is doing what's best for them and their family?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Guru said:

The people that you are referring to are by far the smallest cohort of fans.

People who go to high school football games include:

• family/friends
  • students
  • those drawn to community
  • other

Other being the smallest group.

Do people stop going to NBA games because every single person is doing what's best for them and their family?

Valid point at the high school level. But, it's worth noting that many who come out to support the local team are increasingly disenchanted by the sight of kids switching between supposedly rival teams.

Interest, both in attendance and TV ratings, is very much a concern at all levels of college and pro sports. There are some downward trends worth observing. Fans don't mind players trying to better themselves and their families. But, they are turned off when it becomes increasingly clear that the player really couldn't care less about the team or the community. I think we're walking a tightrope on this stuff at the moment.

8 hours ago, badrouter said:

Yep. We see such an odd contradiction in how people react to this stuff. We see die-hard, "free market", "school choice" conservatives, always quick to spot a "commy", thoroughly enraged at the idea that a kid and his family may scope out all of the options and choose the one they prefer. Somehow, they are able to square the idea that everyone should have an equally distributed allotment of players as determined by a governing agency with all of their other tribal allegiances. 

These kids are not even in Ninth grade. I get pissed when schools actively recruit players already in a high school program. When they cherry-pick the successful ones. There's a big difference there. And morons like guru and the rest will never recognize that. If these kids go to the high school of their choice before 9th grade and work hard and play, great for them. why does it matter how they got there?. It's when coaches recruit players that are developing in a program that may also be developing, by selling them on bigger offers and state championships, that's the problem. That retards the growth of programs and kids.

Do you see the difference?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 181pl said:

These kids are not even in Ninth grade. I get pissed when schools actively recruit players already in a high school program. When they cherry-pick the successful ones. There's a big difference there. And morons like guru and the rest will never recognize that. If these kids go to the high school of their choice before 9th grade and work hard and play, great for them. why does it matter how they got there?. It's when coaches recruit players that are developing in a program that may also be developing, by selling them on bigger offers and state championships, that's the problem. That retards the growth of programs and kids.

I'll just say that I think that, more often than not, it is the player/family driving the decision to move. A lot of times they do this after talking with kids/families already in the program they consider going to. And other times they just think the grass is greener on the other side of the pasture. I think it's rare that a kid leaves a program because some coach made some great sales pitch or offered them anything. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, 181pl said:

There is no difference. It's just your preference which is always the case. Whomever is whining is just applying their sensibilities.

But I love how you pretend to care about the kid at the end. Nice touch.

10 hours ago, The Guru said:

There is no difference. It's just your preference which is always the case. Whomever is whining is just applying their sensibilities.

But I love how you pretend to care about the kid at the end. Nice touch.

And care about the coaches and programs that put in time to develop the kids and build their programs, only to have the STAs of the world rip them away as Jr.s or Sr.s...

Let's not forget that.

38 minutes ago, 181pl said:

And care about the coaches and programs that put in time to develop the kids and build their programs, only to have the STAs of the world rip them away as Jr.s or Sr.s...

Let's not forget that.

How could I forget such a silly and well-rehearsed lie?

Good coaches and good programs don't generally lose players. And STA doesn't rip anybody away from situations in which they were thriving.

It's a lie to claim that these failing programs are doing really well at developing players and they just get snatched by other programs. If they were developing them then they'd be winning and wouldn't lose their kids.

• Thumbs Down 1

18 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Good coaches and good programs don't generally lose players. And STA doesn't rip anybody away from situations in which they were thriving.

It's a lie to claim that these failing programs are doing really well at developing players and they just get snatched by other programs. If they were developing them then they'd be winning and wouldn't lose their kids.

And it's a lie to claim all programs are losing because they aren't developing talent

I can name plenty of programs in Florida alone who develop loads of talent but barley make the playoffs and if they do are bounced in round 1 but you wouldn't know that because your completely clueless

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The Guru said:

There are many programs which have one or two really promising players and perform at, or above, the level their talent suggests they should. Lake Gibson played for a state title (tied 0-0 at half vs. Carol City) in 2016 and lost multiple key players, including their QB, to Lakeland in 2017. And, even after those losses, they were a decent playoff team that was competitive in all of its losses, all against respectable teams, in 2017. And then they lost several more key players to Lakeland again in 2018. You might could argue those players felt they were lacking something at LG that they got at Lakeland. But, you can't really argue they were a part of some sub-par program that sucked.

I give this example only because it's one I know well. There are MANY other such examples. Just typing this, Wiregrass Ranch comes to mind. Solid program that's just lacked talent, save for a couple of studs here and there. They've had guys leave playoff teams to go to Armwood and other places. MANY other similar examples out there...

1 hour ago, badrouter said:

There are many programs which have one or two really promising players and perform at, or above, the level their talent suggests they should. Lake Gibson played for a state title (tied 0-0 at half vs. Carol City) in 2016 and lost multiple key players, including their QB, to Lakeland in 2017. And, even after those losses, they were a decent playoff team that was competitive in all of its losses, all against respectable teams, in 2017. And then they lost several more key players to Lakeland again in 2018. You might could argue those players felt they were lacking something at LG that they got at Lakeland. But, you can't really argue they were a part of some sub-par program that sucked.

I give this example only because it's one I know well. There are MANY other such examples. Just typing this, Wiregrass Ranch comes to mind. Solid program that's just lacked talent, save for a couple of studs here and there. They've had guys leave playoff teams to go to Armwood and other places. MANY other similar examples out there...

On flip side there are also tons of programs who load up on future D1 players and can't do shit with it

Sandalwood up in Jacksonville comes to mind 

But I guess Los doesn't know the state enough to look beyond his masterbation affection of the boys at STA

1 hour ago, badrouter said:

I actually don't think Lake Gibson is a very good program. They just have a talented constituency and they usually play in a weak region (6A-3).

They went 7-4 the year prior and 10-10 in the two seasons after that state championship appearance. And even that team was winning games by the hair on their ball sack. The wide fluctuations in record and performance sort of hint at poor coaching and/or organization.

They're Dillard but with weaker competition.

• Thumbs Down 1

5 hours ago, The Guru said:

I actually don't think Lake Gibson is a very good program. They just have a talented constituency and they usually play in a weak region (6A-3).

They went 7-4 the year prior and 10-10 in the two seasons after that state championship appearance. And even that team was winning games by the hair on their ball sack. The wide fluctuations in record and performance sort of hint at poor coaching and/or organization.

They're Dillard but with weaker competition.

It's funny how a clown like you who has never played or worked in a coaching or even scout role seems to think every team sucks and we supposed to just believe you 

7 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Your unsupported and emotionally-driven opinion is noted.

And what support have you given for your case?

Just because dudes like 954 and golf think your insider status is enough doesn't mean it is real evidence because it all hinches on your credibility which I know I could expose since you have survived on lies boyscout