4 Manatee County coaches suspended/fined

golfaddict1

They are fining Manatee coaches for recruiting eighth graders.  Down the road IMG is trying to steal upperclassmen from all over America.

Actually why didn’t they fine IMG for the middle schoolers?

Or is IMG only interested in athletes others have developed?

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BigDrop said:

They are fining Manatee coaches for recruiting eighth graders.  Down the road IMG is trying to steal upperclassmen from all over America.

Actually why didn’t they fine IMG for the middle schoolers?

Or is IMG only interested in athletes others have developed?

Because IMG is a independent and doesn't compete in classification so they don't care about what IMG does 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Columbiafan said:

Plus IMG is protected by the state of Florida so the FHSAA probably couldn't do anything to IMG even if they wanted to

My problem is I have seen Manatee play-in Bradenton under Kinnon.  Also went to the Shake Pit (fast food hamburger/frozen custard drive in) on Manatee Avenue after a game with Riverview.  Long, long time ago but that was a big deal.  Manatee was also an outstanding football team that did Florida proud.

IMG nearby in Bradenton would be like a sports academy opening in Valdosta or Massillon or Odessa.  

There’s a Manatee room on the side of the Shake Pit where all of the walls are filled with newspaper and magazine clippings from all over America.  Families were in there on our visit.  I heard fathers talking about their sons-another generation of their family going to Manatee.

IMG will never have a Shake Pit.  They will never have a second generation returning with their father to celebrate what the first generation also experienced.

There are a whole lot of athletes that adults on here are promoting for what they’ll know and perhaps profit from later in life.

I passionately believe they are robbing many of these teenagers of some of the best, the most memorable moments of their life.

In Bradenton, Massillon, Valdosta, Odessa and elsewhere there will be second graders cheering and smiling when the Varsity seniors visit their classroom.

IMG doesn’t have a classroom or a Shake Pit to visit.

• Like 6

48 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

If their names were Manatee Christian or St Palmetto Catholic this wouldn’t even be news. 

2 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

@The Guru, one of your fav HC’s is in the news.  

https://www.heraldtribune.com/sports/20200406/prep-football-4-manatee-county-coaches-suspended-fined

Cue @Nolebull813 private school rant in 3-2-1...  

Edit:  GSB beat me to it I see.  

See above 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

See above 

👇

2 minutes ago, The Guru said:

Which is, of course, not true given that St. Petersburg Catholic did some of this stuff about a decade ago and got some of the most severe sanctions in state history.

You have been even more dumb and deluded than usual recently.

🤡

• Thumbs Down 1

52 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Protected, how?

BGW

He doesn't know what he's talking about.

The actual truth is that IMG Academy's mission is to attract top athletes from across the country and, therefore, is voluntarily ineligible for state playoffs in every sport.

Silly people think this is "protection" from the FHSAA.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

16 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

How are they protected?

👇

2 hours ago, The Guru said:

The actual truth is that IMG Academy's mission is to attract top athletes from across the country and, therefore, is voluntarily ineligible for state playoffs in every sport.

• Thumbs Down 1

29 minutes ago, The Guru said:

IMG Academy is also a member school. How could they ban member schools from playing other member schools?

There are ways bylaws can be written that would lead teams to never schedule them. They could write something similar to GHSA's 2.62-b, which says "(a), member schools shall compete, practice or scrimmage only against other member schools or against schools that are full members of the State Association in their respective states (NOTE: Football games may be scheduled only if the opponent is a full member, without restrictions, of its state athletic association)." And then further clarify that not being eligible to compete in state playoffs is one such disqualifying restriction. Or, with the current trend of using formulas for playoffs, they could make it such that teams get penalized or zero points for scheduling teams not eligible to play in state playoffs. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, badrouter said:

There are ways bylaws can be written that would lead teams to never schedule them. They could write something similar to GHSA's 2.62-b, which says "(a), member schools shall compete, practice or scrimmage only against other member schools or against schools that are full members of the State Association in their respective states (NOTE: Football games may be scheduled only if the opponent is a full member, without restrictions, of its state athletic association)." And then further clarify that not being eligible to compete in state playoffs is one such disqualifying restriction. Or, with the current trend of using formulas for playoffs, they could make it such that teams get penalized or zero points for scheduling teams not eligible to play in state playoffs. 

By why would they do that? There are dozens of independent schools that would be crippled by such a bylaw.

10 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Protected, how?

BGW

They have people in the state legislation who ensure the FHSAA could never go after IMG because the state of Florida uses IMG to bring in tourism to Bradenton area 

9 hours ago, The Guru said:

I said the state of Florida not the FHSAA

Fucking moron

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Didn't say they would or even should. I was simply pointing out that there is more they could, theoretically, do to harm IMG. 

Well personally I think each individual team should have the right to schedule whoever they want for non conference games 

Unless the state is actually gonna help with scheduling they should keep their mouth shut, nobody is forcing anyone to play IMG or SFA or whomever the hell fits their category

They are there for teams who want to schedule them and the ones who don't can just play whoever they want to or are able to schedule

42 minutes ago, The Guru said:

But not doing those things doesn't mean that they're "protecting" IMG.

Who said it was the FHSAA protecting IMG

Since you love to talk shit about me but can't stop twisting my words around and relying on dumbasses to kiss your ass to make it sound like you were accurate, only reason guys like golf and 954 are dumb enough to listen to you Is they still think your a SFL insider but we know that is bullshit

I said Mr wannabe Guru that the state of Florida is protecting him, never once said the FHSAA, the FHSAA can't do shit to IMG because those Republicans in the state capital have financial investment in IMG Academy