Top players leaving Florida for colleges

HooverOutlaw

Bad coaching has a lot to do with it.  Not bad programs like Texas. 

Will Muschamp told Derrick Henry he would play MLB not RB because he was to slow and had no top end charge.  Heisman trophy , 2200 yards in 2015, NFL all pro, NFL rushing leader best in the NFL right now, tied for the longest run in nfl history etc etc.  Coaches like Muschamp are why players leave the state of Florida.  Or Ole Miss booster paid them.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Bad coaching has a lot to do with it.  Not bad programs like Texas. 

Will Muschamp told Derrick Henry he would play MLB not RB because he was to slow and had no top end charge.  Heisman trophy , 2200 yards in 2015, NFL all pro, NFL rushing leader best in the NFL right now, tied for the longest run in nfl history etc etc.  Coaches like Muschamp are why players leave the state of Florida.  Or Ole Miss booster paid them.

Yup that actually happened.  Henry wanted to be at UF SMH.  Florida Went all in on Taylor and told Henry to play LB.(which he absolutely could have)

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, StAllThewaY said:

If Florida talent stayed home. Miami Broward Palm Beach counties. The rest of the country would be in trouble.

On the 30 for 30 The U I think it was Jimmy Johnson or maybe Howard Schnellenberger said if they could just have Orlando South they would be unstoppable. I still say if Jimmy Johnson Coached Miami for say 20-25 years he would have 10+ National Titles.

86 Miami was the best team QB had a motorcycle wreck before bowl game did not practice 

87 won it

88 got screwed at Notre Dame

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2020 at 5:56 PM, StAllThewaY said:

If Florida talent stayed home. Miami Broward Palm Beach counties. The rest of the country would be in trouble.

Top 25 FL players on Rivals for 2019 (leaving out IMG kids because I don't feel like looking up where they're from):

OOS - 12 (Georgia got 3, Clemson 3, Alabama 2, Penn St. 2, TCU 1, Auburn 1)

Stayed in FL - 13 (UF 5, Miami 4, FSU 4) 

Class of 2020 (excluding IMG kids, not going to look up if they were from FL or elsewhere):

OOS - 13 (Georgia 3, Clemson 2, Alabama 1, Penn St. 1, Ole Miss 1, Ga Tech 1, North Carolina 1, Texas A&M 1, Tennessee 1, LSU 1)

Stayed in FL - 12 (Miami 6, UF 3, FSU 3)

Pretty bad when UGA is arguably the 2nd best recruiter in Florida for the top prospects.

***It's been like this for a long time now, if it were different - yes, FL would have 2-3 schools in the top 10 with ease. But kids want to go away from home, or play for the hot hand.

• Like 2

On 6/13/2020 at 8:22 PM, HooverOutlaw said:

On the 30 for 30 The U I think it was Jimmy Johnson or maybe Howard Schnellenberger said if they could just have Orlando South they would be unstoppable. I still say if Jimmy Johnson Coached Miami for say 20-25 years he would have 10+ National Titles.

86 Miami was the best team QB had a motorcycle wreck before bowl game did not practice 

87 won it

88 got screwed at Notre Dame

Georgia in the same boat. Those good Ole boy beliefs never lead to success