Example of forfeit losses by Ahsaa

HooverOutlaw

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

I think it kind of makes sense to do it that way. How else would you do it? 

Some teams end up with a 4 and 2 record while another team goes 9 and 1 if they just take the game off the record. 

I'm curious as to how Georgia is going to handle this after the season officially starts as well. 

I think they'll just call it a no-contest if the game cannot be made up at a later date. But don't expect Georgia to get past 3 weeks without canceling.

I'm wondering about hypothetical things like, fans refusimg.to abide by rules and games get stopped, cancelled or whatever. How will they handle these situation? 

I don't think that they'll stop the game here like they did in Utah, but it will definitely be addressed in the days following the game. Knowing Georgia, they'll likely threaten the public that games will continue without fans if they cannot socially distance in the future.

2 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

I think they'll just call it a no-contest if the game cannot be made up at a later date. But don't expect Georgia to get past 3 weeks without canceling.

Which creates the situation that I mentioned where some teams have a 3 game schedule and others have a full schedule. Then how are playoffs decided? What if there is no contests in the playoffs? 

Complicated. 

Which creates the situation that I mentioned where some teams have a 3 game schedule and others have a full schedule. Then how are playoffs decided? What it there is no contests in the playoffs? 

Complicated. 

Region record would trump all others. I think they would go by region winning percentage, which eliminates uncertainty from number of region games played. I would assume that in the playoffs, a team getting COVID would be required to forfeit.