Ohio Week 5 *COVID Edition*

Coletrain06

17 hours ago, hardhit1 said:

Chuck Kyle putting in Pfatt 

@OdbCle wrong move here 

INT 

hid best days are gone 

Kyle says the plan going into this game was to use both. Not sure why you would want to do that in this shortened season (even shorter for them) when French needs all the reps he can get. Not like he was playing poorly heading into this game either. He performed well in the BS scrimmage and was solid against Ed's. Pfaff did out-perform him last night, but you have to wonder if French was a little shook knowing that his starting spot is on the line. 

Still surprised at how average the Massillon offense has been with all these D1 skill guys. Ignatius has a solid defense for sure, but this Massillon group should be scoring in bunches even with average QB play. Hoban is starting to distance themselves in a D2 race that I thought would be very tight between them, LaSalle, and Massillon. The Lancers performance to date is as confusing as Massillon's. Granted both LaSalle and Massillon have played challenging schedules, but neither looks to be on Hoban's level so far. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

getting exposed and proving the college coaches were right in not offering them.. They need to move on from HS football.. 

If CO2019 Mr Viral was very good on either side of the ball his team would not be outscored 134-14 in 14 quarters with 6 of those quarters vs backups..SMH

Yeah, the dude has 3 turnovers already.

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

To be the best, you need to play the best. BS is just glad to be there and that’s a win in my book. Look at where the program is compared to just two, short years ago. #progress 

Look where the program is?  Um, they have no location.  They have no classes.  They have no accreditation.  They have no registration.  They use a fake address.  They use a fake affiliation.  Their website and email have been disabled.  They’re getting annihilated on the field.   #scam  #fraud  #dumpsterfire

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, OdbCle said:

Kyle says the plan going into this game was to use both. Not sure why you would want to do that in this shortened season (even shorter for them) when French needs all the reps he can get. Not like he was playing poorly heading into this game either. He performed well in the BS scrimmage and was solid against Ed's. Pfaff did out-perform him last night, but you have to wonder if French was a little shook knowing that his starting spot is on the line. 

Still surprised at how average the Massillon offense has been with all these D1 skill guys. Ignatius has a solid defense for sure, but this Massillon group should be scoring in bunches even with average QB play. Hoban is starting to distance themselves in a D2 race that I thought would be very tight between them, LaSalle, and Massillon. The Lancers performance to date is as confusing as Massillon's. Granted both LaSalle and Massillon have played challenging schedules, but neither looks to be on Hoban's level so far. 

Its Crazy. 

I know Ive said it before...and maybe I enjoy it a little more because La Salle is Colerain's neighborhood archrival....but I can't help cracking up when I think back to the preseason interviews with all of La Salle's 3-4 defenders saying that nobody will even complete a pass against them this year. They've now given up 52, 24, 13, 7, & 37 pts 😂

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

Its Crazy. 

I know Ive said it before...and maybe I enjoy it a little more because La Salle is Colerain's neighborhood archrival....but I can't help cracking up when I think back to the preseason interviews with all of La Salle's 3-4 defenders saying that nobody will even complete a pass against them this year. They've now given up 52, 24, 13, 7, & 37 pts 😂

Right. Weren't they talking about how teams wouldn't even be able to complete a pass against their secondary? Elder then lights them up in the first game of the season, completing over 70% of their pass attempts and dropping 52 points. 

Going into the season I felt like the D2 group of LaSalle, Massillon, and Hoban could arguably be the top three teams in the state.  Hoban is the only one I can see making it though the D1 playoffs at this point. In terms of the overall Ohio landscape this year, it's PC and Hoban at the top and a sizeable gap after those two. 

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

This year is pretty hard to rank anybody, especially across the whole state. Its easier to do by regions.

In NEO I would rank something like this....

Hoban, St. Edward, Massillon, Mentor, Ignatius, Perry

In Central OH,

Pick Central, Dublin Coffman, Pick North, Olentangy Liberty

In Dayton area, 

Northmont, Springfield

In SWO,

St. X, La Salle, Elder, Lakota West, Colerain, Winton Woods, Princeton, Hamilton, Mason

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Hoban and PC are clearly the Top 2 in the state. The drop-off after them is significant. 

Agreed that they're the top 2. Dont agree with significant drop off after..........its possible, but probably not likely. PC seems more likely than Hoban. 

Hoban did smoke Eds, but also only beat Benedictine by 7. Benedictine has since been smoked by 3 scores or more by Massillon and Austintown Fitch. Some teams have great games, others struggle with certain matchups. I would guess Hobans probably pretty close to the rest of the pack

• Thanks 1