Ohio Week 5 *COVID Edition*

Coletrain06

Massillon vs St. Ignatius - Massillon 21 Iggy 10

So far on the season, Massillon has been pretty solid. After losing by 1 pt to Eds in week 1, they have rattled off 3 consecutive wins, capped off last week by beating a pretty good Benedictine squad 28-10.  Massillon remains a favorite for D2.

Iggy has had a late start to the season and have beat Bishop Sycamore 33-6, but lost last week to Eds 17-0. It seems as though Iggy has a very solid defense, but will probably struggle on offense, especially playing catch up to other teams.

I look for Massillon to win this one. With some great games under their belt and a good enough defense, I dont see Iggy being to score enough to beat Massillon. 

La Salle vs Cathedral IN - Cathedral 21 La Salle 20

La Salle beat Du Pont Manual KY this past week 17-7. La Salle continues to underwhelm despite having an enormous talent advantage. La Salle has talent on par with anybody in the state. They should not be getting in 2nd half struggles with Lakota East or DuPont Manual. 

Cathedral beat a good St. X team 25-22 last week. This Cathedral team is one of their better teams, and were able to completely shut down X's run game. The Irish may be among the best from Indiana this year.

On paper, I would pick La Salle, but the Lancers havent played up to potential yet. I like a close game here for either winner, but I'll pick Cathedral.

Others:

Pick Central continues to impress, and appear to be the class of the state. They have barely given up any points, and have been scoring at will.

Hoban has a good game with SVSM this week. Should be a good game, but Hoban should win.

Eds got a nice win over Iggy and seems like they're starting to find the correct pieces and gearing up for a playoff run.

Dublin Coffman is one to keep an eye on. They were touted in preseason and gave been winning in impressive fashion.

X has lost 2 games to 2 undefeated Indiana teams. Both teams shut down the X run game. This seems to be the key to beating X.

In the GMC.....Lakota West was in a battle with Fairfield til late in the game when back to back turnovers allowed West to escape...Princeton, unable to have a consistent offense, and instead relying on chucking the ball around and making big plays; was unable to repeat their miraculous performance against Colerain and lost to Lakota East.....Colerain has been playing around with their offensive line, and are making big strides and gaining tremendous confidence as Prather feels more comfortable under center. Besides the Princeton 4th quarter debacle, Colerain defense has shut teams down, giving up only 180yds/118 carries=1.5 yds per carry.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Have to favor Massillon as well at this point with Ignatius still playing catch up after their late start. But I have been surprised at the lack of offensive firepower from the Tigers. They have two Power 5 commits at receiver and a bruising tailback that rarely goes backward, yet they have only broken the 30 point threshold once this year, against BS. Ignatius is stout enough up front to limit Venson, but their secondary has not been tested yet. We'll see if Massillon can air it out. 

Another game that should play a big role in the R1 seeding is Euclid-Medina. That could be a high scoring affair. Medina offense picked right up in week three after Allar returned from the injury he suffered in the Mentor game. Euclid has the athletes that could give Medina problems. 

5 minutes ago, OdbCle said:

Have to favor Massillon as well at this point with Ignatius still playing catch up after their late start. But I have been surprised at the lack of offensive firepower from the Tigers. They have two Power 5 commits at receiver and a bruising tailback that rarely goes backward, yet they have only broken the 30 point threshold once this year, against BS. Ignatius is stout enough up front to limit Venson, but their secondary has not been tested yet. We'll see if Massillon can air it out. 

Another game that should play a big role in the R1 seeding is Euclid-Medina. That could be a high scoring affair. Medina offense picked right up in week three after Allar returned from the injury he suffered in the Mentor game. Euclid has the athletes that could give Medina problems. 

I agree with you on Mass and that's why I think it will closer than it should.

Like Medina. Euclid has a history of rising close to the top and then stumbles. 

What’s the line on whether Bishop Sycamore shows up for the game with St. Ed’s?  Since the BS scammers last put their team on the field, their website and email have been disabled, they changed their address to an empty lot, and now claim they are affiliated with an agency that doesn’t exist.  Where are they housing their players?   Where is the school?  How are they getting to the game?  Where are they coming from?  Asking for a friend.

57 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Thx as always. So is the best local game for me to attend next Friday night still Mason/WL? 

Colerain/Hamilton probably a better game IMO. 

West / Mason is a good game too.

Hamilton seems better than Mason, and probably closer to a 50/50 game with Colerain. 

After seeing the results last night, I dont think Mason scores more than 7 on West. 

• Thanks 1

Any sightings of the Bishop Sycamore scammers bus?   Has it left the empty parking lot listed as their address, even though they don’t actually have any connection to that address?  Are its supporters from the “affiliated” agency that doesn’t actually exist coming on a bus, too?  Since their website and email have been deactivated, do they communicate by standing in the empty parking lot that they don’t own or rent yelling really loudly?

Where are the players housed?  On the bus?

• Haha 1