Hear me out on this....

HSFBfan

25 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

But think about it. We at least can go down one road and at least we'll know that road. The known is always better than the unknown

Nothing is ever known. The one thing that is known, is that dictatorships tend to have a nasty habit of mistreating its citizens. The reason is clear. With no checks and balances, sooner or later you get an evil person at the top. A democracy puts some checks and balances in place that curb the worst tendencies of a bad leader. 

7 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

Nothing is ever known. The one thing that is known, is that dictatorships tend to have a nasty habit of mistreating its citizens. The reason is clear. With no checks and balances, sooner or later you get an evil person at the top. A democracy puts some checks and balances in place that curb the worst tendencies of a bad leader. 

Yes i know the pros and cons but I think everyone is missing my point

When ur adversaries are dictatorship and such no matter what you do to them they don't care. They have no responsibility to their citizens since their citizens will not have the opportunity to get rid of them 

Our president answers to us theoretically. But how can you run a country like a business when the business changes course ever few years 

4 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Yes i know the pros and cons but I think everyone is missing my point

When ur adversaries are dictatorship and such no matter what you do to them they don't care. They have no responsibility to their citizens since their citizens will not have the opportunity to get rid of them 

Our president answers to us theoretically. But how can you run a country like a business when the business changes course ever few years 

A country should not be run like a business. Governments have responsibilities to citizens that businesses don't.

5 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Im going down the road your taking us

And exactly what road is that?  The road I am heading down is that the ideas and opinions that you are spouting are wrong and I am providing examples of how they are wrong.

Somehow I suspect that you fail to see it that way.

4 minutes ago, Rippers said:

And exactly what road is that?  The road I am heading down is that the ideas and opinions that you are spouting are wrong and I am providing examples of how they are wrong.

Somehow I suspect that you fail to see it that way.

I think ur failing to see what I am describing 

How can america continue to compete on the world stage when your up against countries that don't have to answer to its citizens 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

ur now comparing victims of abuse staying to people in a dictatorship situation 

No.  I am saying that living in absolutes is wrong.  You said "the known is always better than the unknown".  The question I posed, which you failed to answer, showed an example where the known in no way was better than the unknown.

Just now, Rippers said:

No.  I am saying that living in absolutes is wrong.  You said "the known is always better than the unknown".  The question I posed, which you failed to answer, showed an example where the known in no way was better than the unknown.

U dont know that. The situation can get worse 

Let me put this way. Millions of people live in Russia right. They abide by the laws of putin 

13 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

How can america continue to compete on the world stage when your up against countries that don't have to answer to its citizens

And one final question.

Suppose you get your wish and the current regime does manage to turn the US into The Trumpland, do you really think you will personally and financially benefit from it, or would you become a member of the proletariat?

11 minutes ago, Rippers said:

So now you are saying "if you can't beat them, join them?"

Yeah essentially since they have to answer to no one how would u like to beat them

Kim jung un just executed someone for having coronavirus. I guarantee that guy isn't spreading the disease anymore. Now un did apologize for said action. No not condoning this but everyone bitches about the spread of a virus which can't be stopped by the way. But china NK and such are open for business 

2 hours ago, Rippers said:

So if you are going to get raped, you might as well sit back and enjoy it?

I think John Dalberg-Acton has been proven correct over and over again.

Tex Antione,an old weatherman on ABC in NYC got fired for that comment.."Confucius say..................

Just now, Rippers said:

And one final question.

Suppose you get your wish and the current regime does manage to turn the US into The Trumpland, do you really think you will personally and financially benefit from it, or would you become a member of the proletariat?

I would absolutely do better if trump was a dictator absolutely. For one everyone that is working against him who i disagree with would theoretically be dead. 

Healthcare wouldn't be mandated.

Executions for crimes would happen regularly which I support 

Guns wouldn't be threatened 

Etc

1 minute ago, Rippers said:

With such a high quality of life standard, why are more people not flocking to these countries?  Y

Well darterblue has a son who lives in China

My brother who visited China personally said he would absolutely move to China

I've had multiple friends go to china for work opportunities 

5 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I would absolutely do better if trump was a dictator absolutely. For one everyone that is working against him who i disagree with would theoretically be dead. 

So, you are advocating the murder of people you disagree with now?

You absolutely have no way of knowing that, either, by the way  You also are contradicting yourself because you do not know what it is like to live in a dictatorship, yet you are saying this unknown would be better than life as you have known it.

25 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Countries are a business. Everything is a business 

No, no, no. You are nuts. Functional governments should provide within the framework of a capitalist country: Defense (external and internal), services that companies have no incentive to provide (this includes certain social welfare services), infrastructure (roads, bridges, airports, high speed rail, etc.) that are better in the hands of an accountable government and not a company with profit maximizing motives. 

Your view of society is, sadly, sick. Maybe this is why you are often unhappy. You need to envision a better country and strive to make it better. Otherwise, you will die a bitter, unhappy person. 

5 minutes ago, Rippers said:

So, you are advocating the murder of people you disagree with now?

You absolutely have no way of knowing that, either, by the way  You also are contradicting yourself because you do not know what it is like to live in a dictatorship, yet you are saying this unknown would be better than life as you have known it.

I would do better in terms of less taxes and the like. I think we can agree there. 

Right now living in NY under democrat leadership hasn't helped me at all. That is the known. Most people I grew up with never stayed in NY because it doesnt make sense to stay here. 

Btw we've always killed people we don't agree with since the beginning of this country 

1 minute ago, DarterBlue said:

No, no, no. You are nuts. Functional governments should provide within the framework of a capitalist country: Defense (external and internal), services that companies have no incentive to provide (this includes certain social welfare services), infrastructure (roads, bridges, airports, high speed rail, etc.) that are better in the hands of an accountable government and not a company with profit maximizing motives. 

Your view of society is, sadly, sick. Maybe this is why you are often unhappy. You need to envision a better country and strive to make it better. Otherwise, you will die a bitter, unhappy person. 

Its a business. Do u have income and expenses absolutely. What does a business have income and expenses. Healthcare is a business. They have income and expenses. Everything in this world is a gigantic business and we the people support that business by getting up and making money for that business through taxes. Now we can argue about the extent of taxes as states like NY and Ca are way too damn high 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

I would do better in terms of less taxes and the like. I think we can agree there. 

Not necessarily.  If Trump was a dictator, he would not have to cut taxes and the like.  He could do what ever he wanted to, as there would be no base to pacify that he needs to get him re-elected.  Your well being would not matter.