Hear me out on this....

HSFBfan

does America need a dictator?

I was having a conversation yesterday and if you look at the world stage specifically our 3 biggest adversaries on the world stage China Russia and NK all have either dictators or presidents for life. They do not have to worry about changing course of direction every 4 or 8 years esp on the most important policies. Whatever Xi putin and Un decide is the course of the course and the people understand that. Yes you can run against putin but as u can see you will end up poisoned or dead. If america had a dictator or president for life at least we will have one direction and for better or worse we the people will know what direction this country is headed in for a longer period of time. Only then can we see the year after year returns on healthcare and such. 

Again just a thought

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I was having a conversation yesterday and if you look at the world stage specifically our 3 biggest adversaries on the world stage China Russia and NK all have either dictators or presidents for life. They do not have to worry about changing course of direction every 4 or 8 years esp on the most important policies. Whatever Xi putin and Un decide is the course of the course and the people understand that. Yes you can run against putin but as u can see you will end up poisoned or dead. If america had a dictator or president for life at least we will have one direction and for better or worse we the people will know what direction this country is headed in for a longer period of time. Only then can we see the year after year returns on healthcare and such. 

Again just a thought

You clearly aren't cut out for this America thing. Seems like you don't really get the whole idea of it.

@conchaThis is why you can't put this guy on ignore, it's some of the craziest shit you'll ever read - and it's hilarious.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, DownSouth said:

You clearly aren't cut out for this America thing. Seems like you don't really get the whole idea of it.

@conchaThis is why you can't put this guy on ignore, it's some of the craziest shit you'll ever read - and it's hilarious.

There are just certain folks who post on here with such stupid and/or bigoted shit and with such mind-numbing frequency that it's message board chronic diarrhea. I have no interest.

Cajun/Redzone, HSFB, DBP, Block/Folsom, SportsNut...

All are proof Darwin was wrong.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Rippers said:

And a stupid assed one at that.

Possibly but again u wanna play om the world stage these other countries that we consider our enemies will not change leadership for possibly decades 

So they have no problem continuing to rip us off and can play with whatever rules they wanna play by 

America cannot keep changing direction every 4 or 8 years. Businesses can't succeed like that. They need constant leadership with a consistent vision 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

My age has nothing to do with the topic 

Your lack of experience and knowledge of history has everything to do with the topic.  You proved this when you floated the idea.

How many of their own "citizens" did Mao and Stalin kill?  Ever hear of Tiananmen Square?  How kick ass is North Korea's economy--and don't give me this "but they are under sanctions" bs--?  Do you realize that under a dictator things such as this message board probably would not exist?  

Grow up, kid.  Read a book.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Rippers said:

Your lack of experience and knowledge of history has everything to do with the topic.  You proved this when you floated the idea.

How many of their own "citizens" did Mao and Stalin kill?  Ever hear of Tiananmen Square?  How kick ass is North Korea's economy--and don't give me this "but they are under sanctions" bs--?  Do you realize that under a dictator things such as this message board probably would not exist?  

Grow up, kid.  Read a book.

Yep i heard of Tiananmen Square. And who did mao kill people who went against his rule. Dissidents. Protestors. NK yes the economy sucks but the people understand the road they are going down. And they understand the laws that are in placed and will not change. Its easier to play by the rules when they do no change and they laws are consistent. Businesses and countries are a business need to run consistently. With too much change comes chaos. And with america changing policies so often how can we truly get anywhere??

You don't have to tell me to read a book as I can easily counter and argue ever single point you bring up.

Yes under a dictator these boards probably won't exist. 

I also understand we have the right to peaceful protests. We do not see peaceful protests today we see destruction. And if you try to put them out like trump has we have governors who support riots 

In the past 160 years we have seen more death and destruction over the black population than we truly wanna address 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

And who did mao kill people who went against his rule. Dissidents.

A dictator can define, on their own terms and only their own terms, what a dissident is.

And what if said dictator decides that they do not like black people.  Or for that matter, Jewish folks?

38 minutes ago, Rippers said:

A dictator can define, on their own terms and only their own terms, what a dissident is.

And what if said dictator decides that they do not like black people.  Or for that matter, Jewish folks?

Than those people understand they are fucked but at least they know this. How as a country can you keep going down different roads that may have people prosper under one leadership and under the next guy they don't do as well. Your livelihood can't keep getting impacted by the leadership of a country either positively or negatively due to an election.

If you work for a company you need consistency. I think everyone agrees with that. If you have constant turnover at the top you know that company is failing and you wouldn't work there. It's a huge red flag. 

I'm not saying what I'm suggesting is perfect because I'm not but what I am saying is this a straight road is easier to navigate than a road that is constantly curving 

Just now, Rippers said:

How is it not?

Depending on the situation you know a dictatorship is coming and you can leave. If u don't think people leave NK russia china nazi germany your mistaken. People leave and never return 

You getting raped you have no idea when the rape is gonna happen. You can't escape the situation before it happens 

11 minutes ago, Rippers said:

Oh yeah, you can simply buy a ticket from Cuba to Miami or just skip across the DMZ.

People go across the dmz. We have people on record you have crossed the dmz

I know Obama opened up Cuba to Americans. So he let Americans go there to support Castro. 

13 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

People go across the dmz. We have people on record you have crossed the dmv. 

I know Obama opened up Cuba to Americans. So he let Americans go there to support Castro. 

How long did it take for Cuba to be open to that?

Put it this way.  I will assume that you were born and raised in the United States.  The US, warts is all, is basically a free society.  If you decide you are not happy in say, California, you can up and move to Tennessee with no restrictions.  If you wanted to move to Canada or France or so, you can, but you have to follow the process.  Since this is all you have know, you are using your experiences as the basis for your opinion.

Dictatorships create closed societies.  That is why you see phrases like "flee", "refugee" or "defect" and the like.  That is why that is much different than just "leaving".  

You mentioned leaving NK, USSR, Cuba or East Germany.  Why don't you look up their history of emigration restrictions.  This is how people crossed into West Germany

East_German_soldier_helps_a_little_boy_1961.jpg

33 minutes ago, Rippers said:

How long did it take for Cuba to be open to that?

Put it this way.  I will assume that you were born and raised in the United States.  The US, warts is all, is basically a free society.  If you decide you are not happy in say, California, you can up and move to Tennessee with no restrictions.  If you wanted to move to Canada or France or so, you can, but you have to follow the process.  Since this is all you have know, you are using your experiences as the basis for your opinion.

Dictatorships create closed societies.  That is why you see phrases like "flee", "refugee" or "defect" and the like.  That is why that is much different than just "leaving".  

You mentioned leaving NK, USSR, Cuba or East Germany.  Why don't you look up their history of emigration restrictions.  This is how people crossed into West Germany

East_German_soldier_helps_a_little_boy_1961.jpg

It took until a president who agreed with him to open up. Obv castro and Obama agreed on something that Obama opened up travel to cuba which only resulted in more money pouring into castro and his regime. 

Yes we can go to any state we like within the United States freely no argument there but as u stated go to any other country and you have to abide by their rules in order to go there 

But people went there right. You keep bringing up obstacles but people fled. 

3 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Again just a thought

If that's what you want, you may get your wish. Maybe not in my lifetime, for I am a senior citizen. But you being a millennial thirty something, it would not surprise me one bit. In the 37 years I have lived here, our politics has gone downhill as has the economic circumstances of a huge portion of citizens. So, the conditions for a dictator certainly exist. The extreme partisanship will only fuel thoughts within both parties that there is no need for an opposition when it is totally disloyal and not worthy of leading the country. 

I could totally see the USA having a one party, authoritarian state within the next twenty years (quite possibly less.) 

6 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

If that's what you want, you may get your wish. Maybe not in my lifetime, for I am a senior citizen. But you being a millennial thirty something, it would not surprise me one bit. In the 37 years I have lived here, our politics has gone downhill as has the economic circumstances of a huge portion of citizens. So, the conditions for a dictator certainly exist. The extreme partisanship will only fuel thoughts within both parties that there is no need for an opposition when it is totally disloyal and not worthy of leading the country. 

I could totally see the USA having a one party, authoritarian state within the next twenty years (quite possibly less.) 

But think about it. We at least can go down one road and at least we'll know that road. The known is always better than the unknown