Hear me out on this....

HSFBfan

Just now, Rippers said:

Not necessarily.  If Trump was a dictator, he would not have to cut taxes and the like.  He could do what ever he wanted to, as there would be no base to pacify that he needs to get him re-elected.  Your well being would not matter.  

that is a point. Cant argue with you. 

14 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Its a business. Do u have income and expenses absolutely. What does a business have income and expenses. Healthcare is a business. They have income and expenses. Everything in this world is a gigantic business and we the people support that business by getting up and making money for that business through taxes. Now we can argue about the extent of taxes as states like NY and Ca are way too damn high 

You are beyond help. I honestly feel sorry for you. I have tried to give you sound advice and to listen to your points of view respectfully. But I am just shaking my head in disbelief. 

I wish you well. 

3 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

You are beyond help. I honestly feel sorry for you. I have tried to give you sound advice and to listen to your points of view respectfully. But I am just shaking my head in disbelief. 

I wish you well. 

U can't shake ur head. Every country is a business 

You may not want to look at like that but it is. The most important part of any country is their economy($$$$) without money the whole country collapses. 

Everything I said is absolutely true 

• Thumbs Down 1

Just now, HSFBfan said:

U can't shake ur head. Every country is a business 

You may not want to look at like that but it is. The most important part of any country is their economy($$$$) without money the whole country collapses. 

What you consider money does not even have any real value. It's worthless paper. The value is dependent on the backing of the government, and on individuals, business and other countries having confidence in the soundness of government actions. Absent that, you have hyperinflation and the total debasing of the currency. The value of the US dollar is based wholly and solely on confidence in the country. Nothing more, nothing less. These are not the days when money was made out of gold, silver or another scarce commodity. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, DarterBlue said:

What you consider money does not even have any real value. It's worthless paper. The value is dependent on the backing of the government, and on individuals, business and other countries having confidence in the soundness of government actions. Absent that, you have hyperinflation and the total debasing of the currency. The value of the US dollar is based wholly and solely on confidence in the country. Nothing more, nothing less. These are not the days when money was made out of gold, silver or another scarce commodity. 

Yea i know which is why i support the gold standard. At least then our money is backed by something and it's not toilet paper 

6 hours ago, HSFBfan said:

Possibly but again u wanna play om the world stage these other countries that we consider our enemies will not change leadership for possibly decades 

So they have no problem continuing to rip us off and can play with whatever rules they wanna play by 

America cannot keep changing direction every 4 or 8 years. Businesses can't succeed like that. They need constant leadership with a consistent vision 

I'll be dammed if I live here with the USA under dictator  leadership... rather it be republican  or Democrat... I'll catch  Darter to Jamaica or sneak into Canada or some shit... I refuse... 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Rippers said:

And one final question.

Suppose you get your wish and the current regime does manage to turn the US into The Trumpland, do you really think you will personally and financially benefit from it, or would you become a member of the proletariat?

if Trump was a dictator this country would become everything we stood against and there would most certainly  be a rebellion and a ton of insurrection.... last thing we need is  a dictator  regime under Trump... we'd be Belarus 2.0

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

I'll be dammed if I live here with the USA under dictator  leadership... rather it be republican  or Democrat... I'll catch  Darter to Jamaica or sneak into Canada or some shit... I refuse... 

Funny thing is, seriously, you would think Jamaica, being poorer, newer and having more per capita violence (not mass shootings, but more overall), would be in more jeopardy of becoming a dictatorship. But right now, I would place my bet on the USA unless things change for the better (and I don't just mean having a Democrat in the WH). Twenty years ago, I would have never dreamed we would be where we are today. 

BTW, I agree with you 100%. If you live in a "free" country and it becomes a dictatorship, the best thing to do is leave. Yes, there are a few functioning dictatorships that are relatively safe places to live. But the majority are scary places to live. Taking the risk is not worth it.