It Was The Best Of Times...It Was The Worst Of Times...

Rufus69

...but when ya score 63 points...I guess you shouldn't cry too loudly.

OK...let's lay all the chips on the table.  Colquitt did NOT play its best best football last night.  And before you start...NO, I don't blame HawgGoneIt.  Now...I will admit the following...

1.  Dothan is some BIG boys.  Their starting QB could very well start for several college teams right now.  They also have at least one RB that doubles as a ILB.  He is a freight train when he gets going.  Their D-Line is what you might call...stout.  To be honest...I was surprised at this team's record.  They definitely got some ballers.

2.  The X-Man from Colquitt is still struggling with his long and intermediate throws.  He is one heckuva athlete for sure...but I'm looking for the day/night when he puts it all together.  I mean...when Darrell says..."Uh, Durwood, that was a BAD throw.  Nothin but a BAD throw".  You can believe it.  But like Coach Rogers says...the more snaps...the more experience...the better X-Man will get.

3.  Colquitt's conditioning was superior to Dothan's.  That and our ability to play EVERYBODY got us the win.  If you saw the game...it looked like our 8th graders against Dothan's Varsity for most of the plays.  I mean...we ain't nothing but a bunch of poor, tiny, little undersized ad inexperienced Hawgs.  But we can play 48 minutes.  More ifin we hafta.   For full disclosure...we do have at least THREE powerful scatbacks.  They can tote the rock.

4.  The Blackhats simply did not play well.  I was afraid of a letdown due to the huge win over Valdosta.  It was like we went the motions.  Especially when we got a substantial lead.  We knew we were the better team...and we acted like it WAY too much for me.  We gave up 27 points.  That just doesn't happen that often.

5.  This one is over.  Yay for us !!!!  I'm giving HawgGoneIt permission to feed our little piglets.  We got Northside next in Warner Robins.  They're not doing well this year.  I hope we don't let their record influence us.  We need to be focused and ready to rock & roll.  We're not that far away from Region play.  There is no time like RIGHT NOW.  HawgGoneIt...you reading me?

Just a couple of small tidbits before I go.  With Tift's situation...don't be surprised to see Colquitt lose its DC at the end of the season.  It's not that much further to Tallahassee from Tifton than it is Moultrie.  And finally...I texted Kirby last night and told him that I would NOT be available for the ONE PLAY I promised.  Unforeseen circumstances have me incapacitated for a few days.  He was terribly disappointed...(Smile).

GO YOU HAIRY DAWGS !!!!!!

Rufus>>

• Like 1

Totally agree. I feel like we fans are spoiled these days. When we can dominate a team by almost 40 points and still feel kind of fussy, well, idk. I ought to be ashamed for feeling fussy. 

We looked disorganized which is what bothered me the most. The offense is clearly very good. They can score quickly and in bunches if they're clicking. Having that stable of 3 young rbs is a blessing! Having those wide receivers and that true tight end is a blessing too! Imagine that Carolina still hasn't played yet. Dynamics will change again when he gets into the game. 

Seeing our O-line hold their own vs. that D-line last night was uplifting.

I guess the NorthSide game won't have a lot of fans the way I understand it. We had as many fans in Dothan as Dothan did. That can change the dynamics of a game as well. 

In spite of being critical at times, it's damned good to be a Packer. Three and O. 

Win vs.Banneker 51-0

Win vs. Valdosta 24-10

Win @ Dothan 63-27

If we get the little things under control and really find our rhythm on offense, I don't think there are many teams in the state that can get us. 

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Totally agree. I feel like we fans are spoiled these days. When we can dominate a team by almost 40 points and still feel kind of fussy, well, idk. I ought to be ashamed for feeling fussy. 

We looked disorganized which is what bothered me the most. The offense is clearly very good. They can score quickly and in bunches if they're clicking. Having that stable of 3 young rbs is a blessing! Having those wide receivers and that true tight end is a blessing too! Imagine that Carolina still hasn't played yet. Dynamics will change again when he gets into the game. 

Seeing our O-line hold their own vs. that D-line last night was uplifting.

I guess the NorthSide game won't have a lot of fans the way I understand it. We had as many fans in Dothan as Dothan did. That can change the dynamics of a game as well. 

In spite of being critical at times, it's damned good to be a Packer. Three and O. 

Win vs.Banneker 51-0

Win vs. Valdosta 24-10

Win @ Dothan 63-27

If we get the little things under control and really find our rhythm on offense, I don't think there are many teams in the state that can get us. 

Hawg...amigo...we've talked about this.

We ain't nothing but a bunch of poor, tiny, little undersized and inexperienced Hawgs.  Add to that...we ain't played ANYBODY.  I mean if Valdosta had had Garcia...they'd a beat us by 30 points.  If Dothan had had decent coaching...we'd only won by an imaginary FG.  And if Banneker had had a team...well...we might have won...but it's MIGHT HAVE won.

I will say one thing though...Justin will play his underclassmen without blinking an eye.  

And THAT'S...a good thing....(Smile).

Rufus>>

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

I ain't gotta clue about what you're saying.

Things are so bad in Norman Park...our long snapper is having to make tackles.

Just ask 94Packer....if ya don't believe me.

Rufus>>

This deserves a mention. Glad you brought it up. Max Parker is the long snapper, but, he is almost every time the first kid down the field, and almost always in on the tackle or right there. I've never seen anything like it. 

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

This deserves a mention. Glad you brought it up. Max Parker is the long snapper, but, he is almost every time the first kid down the field, and almost always in on the tackle or right there. I've never seen anything like it. 

This Ivy dude got down the field. Actually played a little defense one year when teammates were injured.

Zak DeOssie

220px-Zak_DeOssie_2019.jpg

• Like 1