South Dakota Update

MA Fan

@Frosty4024 @Rashid

October is here and as predicted the BADLANDS BULLIES (that part of SD is more like Flatlands but I'm gonna run with it) are firing on all CYLINDERS

BRANDON — Not counting when they took a knee at the end of each half, the Brandon Valley offense had the ball nine times on Friday night against Harrisburg and scored nine touchdowns.

Good luck coming up with something to correct on film, Chad Garrow.

"I'll find something, I'm sure," the veteran Lynx coach laughed following his team's dominating 63-27 romp over Harrisburg in a battle between the second and third-ranked teams in Class 11AAA.

https://www.argusleader.com/story/sports/high-school-sports/2020/10/16/joe-kolbeck-tate-johnson-run-wild-brandon-valley-routs-harrisburg/5967847002/

• Thanks 4
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, MA Fan said:

@Frosty4024 @Rashid

October is here and as predicted the BADLANDS BULLIES (that part of SD is more like Flatlands but I'm gonna run with it) are firing on all CYLINDERS

https://www.argusleader.com/story/sports/high-school-sports/2020/10/16/joe-kolbeck-tate-johnson-run-wild-brandon-valley-routs-harrisburg/5967847002/

I've been watching SD football games on YouTube.  It's looking like:

11AAA:

1. Roosevelt

1a.  Brandon Valley (Got the QB Back)

3. Harrisburg

4. O'Gorman

5. Lincoln

6. Washington

7.  The Rapid City Area Schools. (Lord help them.)

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

@MA Fan @Rashid

Wellp... Harrisburg may be better than O'Gorman...But the coaching this game didn't help the Tiger's case here.

Harrisburg was up 21-16 with a minute left.  4th down inside thier own 5 they decided to take the safety (ran 9 seconds off the clock) to make it 21-18.

(Note: Earlier Harrisburg failed a 2-pt conversion)

O'Gorman got a decent return and a conversion on 3rd and long to set up a game-tying 44yd FG which the kicker made with ease with 1 second left (in 35 degree weather) to force OT.

Harrisburg was up first and drove to the 2.  4th down...went for the 3...Hooked it.

Now here is where the coaching comes in:

O'Gorman sent thier FG team out on 1st down (to bait the timeout Harrisburg had).  Worked like a charm.  O'Gorman sent out the offense and scored on 2 running plays.

Ballgame:

O'Gorman 27

Harrisburg 21

Final (OT)

Other scores:

Roosevelt 44 Washington 7

Lincoln 73 Rapid City Central 12 (Central is one of the Rapid City Area Schools)

BV didn't play tonight.

(Game vs Stevens was cancelled)

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Frosty4024 said:

@MA Fan @Rashid

Wellp... Harrisburg may be better than O'Gorman...But the coaching this game didn't help the Tiger's case here.

Harrisburg was up 21-16 with a minute left.  4th down inside thier own 5 they decided to take the safety (ran 9 seconds off the clock) to make it 21-18.

(Note: Earlier Harrisburg failed a 2-pt conversion)

O'Gorman got a decent return and a conversion on 3rd and long to set up a game-tying 44yd FG which the kicker made with ease with 1 second left (in 35 degree weather) to force OT.

Harrisburg was up first and drove to the 2.  4th down...went for the 3...Hooked it.

Now here is where the coaching comes in:

O'Gorman sent thier FG team out on 1st down (to bait the timeout Harrisburg had).  Worked like a charm.  O'Gorman sent out the offense and scored on 2 running plays.

Ballgame:

O'Gorman 27

Harrisburg 21

Final (OT)

Other scores:

Roosevelt 44 Washington 7

Lincoln 73 Rapid City Central 12 (Central is one of the Rapid City Area Schools)

BV didn't play tonight.

(Game vs Stevens was cancelled)

73-12= 61... 

Im just trying to help... 

21 hours ago, Frosty4024 said:

@MA Fan @Rashid

Not many of us actually follow SD football. At least I haven't since my nephew played on Friday nights for the Hill City High School Smokey Bears. But I think we could have figured out where Rapid City Central might be located.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, maxchoboian said:

Not many of us actually follow SD football. At least I haven't since my nephew played on Friday nights for the Hill City High School Smokey Bears. But I think we could have figured out where Rapid City Central might be located.

I had that down because I had confused Central with Stevens...(Forgot to delete it when I fixed).

With that said...

Yes...yes you could.

• Like 1

Playoffs start Thursday for the Big Boys in South Dakota.

Roosevelt and Brandon Valley will easily beat their 1st round opponents.

Best game of the bunch should be the Harrisburg vs O'Gorman rematch.  This time on O'Gormon's turf.

https://www.argusleader.com/story/sports/high-school-sports/2020/10/17/south-dakota-high-school-football-playoff-schedules-scores/5967933002/

• Thanks 1

The rematch:

@MA Fan

No worries about a comeback on this one.  21-0 start for #4-seeded Harrisburg along with a kickoff return plus 2 O'Gormon turnovers results in a 35-15 win.

#5-seeded O'Gormon lacked speed and was content to play zone all game.  Harrisburg simply took slants and skinny-posts to the house.

Harrisburg's reward for thier 1st ever over O'Gormon will be a return trip to Sioux Falls to play #1-seeded Roosevelt (Who beat Watertown easily 49-6)

#2-seed Brandon Valley won 43-8 over #7-seed Aberdeen Central.  They get winner of #3 Lincoln and #6 Washington game (They play tomorrow).

• Thanks 1

I give Aberdeen credit for showing up, unlike a couple of Brandon Valley's other opponents. It's a long trip from the HIGHLANDS of Scotland to the BADLANDZ of DEATH VALLEY.

Brandon, SD got its name from Brandon, VT, the birthplace of Stephen A. Douglas. It's been 160 years, but the BAD BOYZ will be winning the grudge match with Lincoln (if they show up) to take their rightful place atop the Mount Rushmore of HS football.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MA Fan said:

I give Aberdeen credit for showing up, unlike a couple of Brandon Valley's other opponents. It's a long trip from the HIGHLANDS of Scotland to the BADLANDZ of DEATH VALLEY.

Brandon, SD got its name from Brandon, VT, the birthplace of Stephen A. Douglas. It's been 160 years, but the BAD BOYZ will be winning the grudge match with Lincoln (if they show up) to take their rightful place atop the Mount Rushmore of HS football.

I'm kinda mad at how this one ended.

But looks like Brandon Valley is going to play...well...I'll let you fast forward till the final play (Start at 3:03:20):

• Thanks 1