Florida wins 2017 NCAA World Series

TheRealCAJ

I don't see how LSU wins the second game against Oregon State. With Alex Lange going on Friday, a scenario plays out that he gets the job done and they win.  But Hess has thrown too much to be effective against an Oregon State team that will take pitches and send their ace out there to deal in Jake Thompson. 

OSU has two aces left. LSU has one. And they gotta win twice. Against a team that's frankly more talented and better coached then them right now. I think it ends Friday, Oregon State 6-4 

11 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Big win for LSU. Alex Lange was brilliant today. 7.1 IP, 1 ER, 8 K. Only gave up two hits as LSU defeats Oregon State (56-5) to force the if necessary game tomorrow night. 

Alex Lange came up huge.

Zack Hess is unhittable right now though (Top 5 pick very soon)......if we can scrap tomorrow tonight and get it to Hess we got a real shot.

We caught a break on that fair ball called foul....coached/team missed that entire play, was strange,

• Like 1

4 hours ago, TheRealCAJ said:

We caught a break on that fair ball called foul....coached/team missed that entire play, was strange,

Huge break for LSU. Would've been a tie game.  I'm not so sure Hess can keep going. He's pitched in three games in the span of six days. (Seven tomorrow). Over 70 pitches. He's getting used a ton right now. I think LSU could've closed that game out without Hess. 

Don't know if they keep OSU down tomorrow. 

18 minutes ago, Bormio said:

All the pressure in the world on OSU now.  The longer the game tomorrow is a game, the worse it will be.  

You think so? I still think OSU is in better shape going into the game. I'd feel more pressure if I was LSU. Tiger staff is much more taxed at this point.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

You think so? I still think OSU is in better shape going into the game. I'd feel more pressure if I was LSU. Tiger staff is much more taxed at this point.

OSU is supposed to win.  They crushed LSU the first game.  Sure, OSU has advantages, but that just adds to the pressure.  Will see if they handle it.  Crowd will also be solidly LSU I think.

40 minutes ago, Bormio said:

OSU is supposed to win.  They crushed LSU the first game.  Sure, OSU has advantages, but that just adds to the pressure.  Will see if they handle it.  Crowd will also be solidly LSU I think.

I'll be rooting for LSU, but I think the Beavers win.

I think Oregon State is fine. I like their chances. I also like Florida tomorrow, too. Both LSU and TCU pitched very well today and got two big wins, but I think the buck ends. 

True semifinals tomorrow. Winners advance to Championship series:  
Oregon State (55-6) vs LSU (51-18)
Florida (49-19) vs TCU (50-17)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

I think Oregon State is fine. I like their chances. I also like Florida tomorrow, too. Both LSU and TCU pitched very well today and got two big wins, but I think the buck ends. 

True semifinals tomorrow. Winners advance to Championship series:  
Oregon State (55-6) vs LSU (51-18)
Florida (49-19) vs TCU (50-17)

Isn't OSU 56-5?  Already giving them that 6th loss?