Florida wins 2017 NCAA World Series

TheRealCAJ

18 hours ago, TheRealCAJ said:

Alex Lange came up huge.

Zack Hess is unhittable right now though (Top 5 pick very soon)......if we can scrap tomorrow tonight and get it to Hess we got a real shot.

We caught a break on that fair ball called foul....coached/team missed that entire play, was strange,

That was a huge miss.  How do you fall asleep on that play?  Every coach missed it?  I guess they are human so I will give them a break but damn.  

57 minutes ago, World Citizen said:

That was a huge miss.  How do you fall asleep on that play?  Every coach missed it?  I guess they are human so I will give them a break but damn.  

Unacceptable for Pat Casey's staff to miss that. There isn't a coach's challenge. You can simply ask the umpire on any close reviewable play. 

56 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Unacceptable for Pat Casey's staff to miss that. There isn't a coach's challenge. You can simply ask the umpire on any close reviewable play. 

Agreed. But even worse is the umpire crew missed it. That is their job and purpose.

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/story/_/id/19720649/2017-college-world-series-umpires-missed-chance-video-reversal-foul-ball-ncaa-says

TCU can't hit Alex Faedo from Florida......taking high school swings against this guy.

http://www.lsusports.net/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=5200&ATCLID=211533590

"Alex Faedo (Florida) and Alex Lange (LSU) had quite a pitcher's battle this year. Florida won the game 1-0

Florida starter Alex Faedo (4-1) earned the win, as he fired seven scoreless innings and scattered seven hits with no walks and seven strikeouts.

Lange (3-2) was charged with the loss on Friday, though he threw 107 pitches and limited Florida to one run on six hits in eight innings with one walk and seven strikeouts."

They could meet in game 3 if it were to go that far and Florida holds on tonight.