Anyone watching the masters

HSFBfan

3 minutes ago, tommygun58 said:

Baseball put them on the map & now football.My son goes to Shortways bar in Hawthorne when they are on tv.Now there are more CC fans than Rutgers.lol

Lmaooo. I watch their games as well. Nice teal field too. They were ranked earlier in the year. 

I tried to watch Rutgers play indiana after they beat michigan state. It was same old Rutgers. Schiano better hope he keeps some nj studs in state. 

He's already losing the bergen catholic qb to notre dame 

• Like 1

OT.When I coached jr football 12 years ago in Midland pk,BC,DBP & SJR had scouts at every game.The league rules had no weight limits but over a certain weight you got red tape on your helmet.You could not advance the ball.Intercept,pick up a fumble or catch a kickoff you go to the ground.I had 200lbs 6th graders as example.BC got Sammy Johnson & Dom Piegaro from MP,they ended up being 2 of the 3 Bc captains & They got Cushing from Park Ridge.I think Augie Hoffman was also from PRidge years earier.My son was bugged to death by SJR.Free summer camp & cheap tuition..He stayed home & got all county LB & Bergen Record Athlete of the week.After 2 weeks of Coastal practices he decided he's to slow& to small .6'1 & 190lbs.4.6 40. well ya,no shit.He stayed & graduated with a teachers degree & also learned how to make a wicked moonshine.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tommygun58 said:

OT.When I coached jr football 12 years ago in Midland pk,BC,DBP & SJR had scouts at every game.The league rules had no weight limits but over a certain weight you got red tape on your helmet.You could not advance the ball.Intercept,pick up a fumble or catch a kickoff you go to the ground.I had 200lbs 6th graders as example.BC got Sammy Johnson & Dom Piegaro from MP,they ended up being 2 of the 3 Bc captains & They got Cushing from Park Ridge.I think Augie Hoffman was also from PRidge years earier.My son was bugged to death by SJR.Free summer camp & cheap tuition..He stayed home & got all county LB & Bergen Record Athlete of the week.After 2 weeks of Coastal practices he decided he's to slow& to small .6'1 & 190lbs.4.6 40. well ya,no shit.He stayed & graduated with a teachers degree & also learned how to make a wicked moonshine.

yea way too small for d1 college football at LB lol. 

Moonshine is always a good thing to learn how to make 

As most kids learn when they go to college your not the shit anymore 

56 minutes ago, Troll said:

Shortway's LOL...

great wings  😁

Do they still have turtle races there ? 🤣

🐢

LOL with the turtle races.I've known the Shortways for 50+ years.The family are cops or firemen.Harry jr is close to 80 was a cop/detective in Ridgewood for decades & is now the Mayor of my town Midland Park.He will fill in for anything the town needs.He will drive a bus for travel sports but my favorite is his crossing guard fill in with his 9mm Glock on his hip.In my younger years in RWD he saved my ass a few times because I was friends with his son,also Harry x cop & Mayor of Vernon NJ.

33 minutes ago, tommygun58 said:

LOL with the turtle races.I've known the Shortways for 50+ years.The family are cops or firemen.Harry jr is close to 80 was a cop/detective in Ridgewood for decades & is now the Mayor of my town Midland Park.He will fill in for anything the town needs.He will drive a bus for travel sports but my favorite is his crossing guard fill in with his 9mm Glock on his hip.In my younger years in RWD he saved my ass a few times because I was friends with his son,also Harry x cop & Mayor of Vernon NJ.

I thought it was always Marge behind the bar lol.  You grow up in RWD ?  used to go to the YMCA there after school all the time haha....Lifeguarded there too, no corn pops tho...😝

• Haha 1

On 11/12/2020 at 10:48 PM, Troll said:

I thought it was always Marge behind the bar lol.  You grow up in RWD ?  used to go to the YMCA there after school all the time haha....Lifeguarded there too, no corn pops tho...😝

I was hired along with 20 other contractors,mostly bar regulars to renovate the entire building years ago.Marge would show up around 8am & tap a keg for us.As you can guess the 4 month project took closer to 7 months.

The YMCA water messed up my eyes for hours.