grayson billy goats recruiting 9yr olds

Ga96

On 3/1/2021 at 8:21 PM, FootballGuy said:

How was Milton able to travel out to Cali then? 

North Ga teams don't have the rosters that south Ga has due to a lot of those schools requiring players to pay just to try out. Not many booster clubs up north. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fred said:

Dude!  If telling a kids to come to Grayson can be considered recruiting don't you think a Santa visit would be undue influence?  Santa may be an old toy maker but he ain't stupid.  You don't hang out with thousands of elves and not get better than something this obvious.

Only if Santa is driving a moving truck.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Fred said:

Huh?

A lot of teams have Booster Clubs, just not the funds behind them to sponsor a lot of kids. 

Football isn’t cheap. We have nothing in Marietta that approaches a nutrition program and that of the like. That’s why I said rush may be as good a program builder as there is in America (still say he’s nothing special as an in game coach). The supplements and stuff aren’t cheap and you see a difference in the kids who take them. You have to have strong local support to pull it off, year in, year out. 

I am one that thinks I could drum up local business support in the Marietta area, along with writing companies for grants and other necessities. I am not going to volunteer to do it, but would consider if asked. Then again I’d require too much information/support to do it, because a lot of people think hsfb and youth league football are CIA Top Secret level shit and their too narrow minded to realize that if you’re going to get people to buy in they have to feel like they are a part of the team and the process.

I still am of the belief that no good deed goes unpunished and when it comes to trying to help kids in this area, no truer words have been spoken. Really too bad because there are some smart folks who love football in Marietta and would help to build a stronger program from top to bottom!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sweetlarry said:

A lot of teams have Booster Clubs, just not the funds behind them to sponsor a lot of kids.

Football isn’t cheap. We have nothing in Marietta that approaches a nutrition program and that of the like. That’s why I said rush may be as good a program builder as there is in America (still say he’s nothing special as an in game coach). The supplements and stuff aren’t cheap and you see a difference in the kids who take them. You have to have strong local support to pull it off, year in, year out.

I am one that thinks I could drum up local business support in the Marietta area, along with writing companies for grants and other necessities. I am not going to volunteer to do it, but would consider if asked. Then again I’d require too much information/support to do it, because a lot of people think hsfb and youth league football are CIA Top Secret level shit and their too narrow minded to realize that if you’re going to get people to buy in they have to feel like they are a part of the team and the process.

I still am of the belief that no good deed goes unpunished and when it comes to trying to help kids in this area, no truer words have been spoken. Really too bad because there are some smart folks who love football in Marietta and would help to build a stronger program from top to bottom!

I hear what you are saying and understand it.  I said huh? because of the try out statement.  We don't and I don't think but don't know for sure that no Gwinnett County school requires payment to try out.  There are team fees but even then, if the kid's family doesn't have it he still gets to play.  He may not get a take home jersey or team hoodie or something like that but he still gets to play.  I know when there has been a need I have donated to the TD club to help fund those fees or ring fees for championship rings without knowing who was the beneficiary.

• Like 2