NOLA.com top 20... what a joke

chalmetteowl

first we start at #20, where Archbishop Hannan, who finished 223rd in the state in calpreps rankings last year with a 4-6 record in class 2A, got the nod. We, returning 15 starters from making the state playoffs twice in a row in 5A, didn't

next we go to #13, the Edna Karr Cougars. Smh. Jim Derry is just doing this for clicks now

All of this got topped today, when Landry Walker, our defending state champion and ranked as national top 100 in the preseason, was revealed as #11

Yes. Jim Derry thinks 10 teams in OUR METRO AREA are better than LW. Not the state, but a 7 parish area in the state. Jim Derry will probably say "I'm covering these teams, not Maxpreps"

Out of Curtis, Rummel, Brother Martin, John Ehret, Hahnville, Destrehan, St. Paul's, Warren Easton, McDonogh #35, De La Salle, and Riverside, one of these teams isn't top 20 in the metro area

• Like 3

Caj would have a better grip on this one then I would...

Hell...I had to google who East St Louis was just to find out it was the Illinois team (Bones territory)

As for Evangel...They will be sick on Defense...3-4 LSU commits lead the way. 

The only concerns Evangel really has is at QB and finding that clutch WR to step up.  The O struggled in their scrimmage vs LW (A testament to LW's underrated defense).  But the D was lights out (Although LW was playing with a green QB)

(I think it was LW they scrimmaged in the spring at least)

I'm gathering my intel on East Side. I know they lost their do everything WR/DB to Miami, but their fans seem pretty confident this summer. We (Illinois) have to win some of these national games this year with the added hype of Calpreps making us the #4 state. I am hoping this is one of our wins.

• 2 weeks later...