Tanner Mckee

954gator

Just now, steeler01 said:

Who said track record of Bama? You said win more than they lose.

Bama isn't winning games because of QB's, but because of defense and running the ball. That doesn't help a QB develop for the next level. The results prove that. 

The QB has to throw the ball at some point. Someone was throwing the ball to guys like Ridley and Jones( Atlanta Falcons) etc. 

1 minute ago, nptb17 said:

Clemson has been pumping out pro's.  It is definitely a good location if your a top flight recruit.  You know your in a qb friendly offense with weapons to spare.  Bama has been opening it up more and more so eventually, I imagine one of their qb's is going to be a solid pro.

I really believe the last thing on Sabans mind is how they would do in the pros. Its about winning at the college level for any coach. Thats how you keep your job. You have to win. So the system obv works. 

• Like 1

At some point sure, but not enough for those guys to develop into anything other than a college football game manager. 

And thats all that matters. Just dont lose the game. Put the team in a position to win. Have the defense step up and win the game. I believe it was the words of Michael Strahan defense wins championships

Just now, HSFBfan said:

I really believe the last thing on Sabans mind is how they would do in the pros. Its about winning at the college level for any coach. Thats how you keep your job. You have to win. So the system obv works. 

I don't think any College coach cares about how a player is going to do in the pros, but the player should care about how he will be developed at the next level if he's a top flight player at his position.

30 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

I'd rather play in the NFL and make millions than have a ring and work for ESPN. 

If you go to Bama and play under Saban as a QB, you don't play in the NFL. If you're a top flight QB, why would you choose that route?

Gump QB's live longer than other QBs though.....xD

What's more important living or dying from CTE?

Just now, HSFBfan said:

And thats all that matters. Just dont lose the game. Put the team in a position to win. Have the defense step up and win the game. I believe it was the words of Michael Strahan defense wins championships

You went off tangent. Nobody is saying Bama's recipe for success is wrong, it's just not where a top flight QB should be playing if they plan on moving on afterwards

I don't think any College coach cares about how a player is going to do in the pros, but the player should care about how he will be developed at the next level if he's a top flight player at his position.

Its the system hes gonna go to anyway in the pros. Kid could be extremely talented but if he goes to the wrong system it doesnt really matter. And for most in the NFL today the kid is screwed. 

You went off tangent. Nobody is saying Bama's recipe for success is wrong, it's just not where a top flight QB should be playing if they plan on moving on afterwards

Thats fine. Let them go somewhere try to compete and win whatever they believe they can win because certainly going to the PAC 12 doesnt give you much hope. Or what the BIG 12 with those horrific defenses. Those teams couldnt even make the top 4 in the past 2 years. 

Just now, HSFBfan said:

Its the system hes gonna go to anyway in the pros. Kid could be extremely talented but if he goes to the wrong system it doesnt really matter. And for most in the NFL today the kid is screwed. 

The Bama system?

Under Sark it was run right/left, bubble screen left or right and more runs up the middle. 

Prior to that, it was run run run, WR screen, HB screen and run some more. 

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

Thats fine. Let them go somewhere try to compete and win whatever they believe they can win because certainly going to the PAC 12 doesnt give you much hope. Or what the BIG 12 with those horrific defenses. Those teams couldnt even make the top 4 in the past 2 years. 

They will win games. You're now bringing up Championships. 

Marcus Mariota won more games than they lost

Andrew Luck won more games than they lost

Jake Browning won more games than they lost

The first two have been top picks in the NFL, and won games at the collegiate level. 

1 minute ago, steeler01 said:

They will win games. You're now bringing up Championships. 

Marcus Mariota won more games than they lost

Andrew Luck won more games than they lost

Jake Browning won more games than they lost

The first two have been top picks in the NFL, and won games at the collegiate level. 

And btw those 3 QBs they have 0 national championships. When i said games im talking championships. 

5 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

And it worked time and time again

Do you understand what's being argued?

This is what's being said.

Bama isn't a place that develops QB's, and no top flight QB should go to there if they plan on getting better.

Your argument is

Bama wins games. 

Do you understand what's being argued?

This is what's being said.

Bama isn't a place that develops QB's, and not top flight QB should go to there if they plan on getting better.

Your argument is

Bama wins games. 

My argument is basically this....if your a top notch QB who wants to win national championships you have to fully consider Alabama without a doubt. If you wanna go to another school because you think putting up 3000 yards a year in college and more then likely will never win a national championship but believe you might do something in the pros go ahead and pick that school. But dont be upset at the end of the year when your coach has been telling you that the team is competing for a national championship when more then likely your not

And Luck, Mariota and maybe Browning are laughing at AJ McCarron and Greg McElroy all the way to the bank.

I feel bad for Luck has the talent to win but will never win. Had no chance at Stanford to win a national championship and now with the colts just getting his rear end kicked behind a team trying to rebuild or whatever it is that they are doing over there. Mariota same thing. Do you really believe hell deliver a super bowl to Tennessee. absolutely not. So yea they can have a ton of money but a true competitor wants to win the whole thing. And for those Qbs you mentioned that are in the league chances are they will never achieve that

Just now, HSFBfan said:

If your a top notch QB who wants to win national championships you have to fully consider Alabama without a doubt. If you wanna go to another school because you think putting up 3000 yards a year in college and more then likely will never win a national championship but believe you might do something in the pros go ahead and pick that school. But dont be upset at the end of the year when your coach has been telling you that the team is competing for a national championship when more then likely your not

I doubt Luck, Mariota, Winston, Watson etc................ were upset at how their college careers went.

1 minute ago, steeler01 said:

And Luck, Mariota and maybe Browning are laughing at AJ McCarron and Greg McElroy all the way to the bank.

I don't see Browning being a pro qb.  Either his arm broke down at the end of the season or he really lacks arm strength.  He was coming up short on a lot of throws the last few games.  

18 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

This, and some programs have a system that are obviously a bit more beneficial for QBs.  That's most likely the reason why The top qb prospects aren't attracted to going there (that obviously could change)

Here's the thing though about Mckee....he's going to take 2 years off of football after HS so the NFL isn't immediatly on his mind either.  This makes a bit more sense that he wasn't recruited as hard as some others.

Just now, HSFBfan said:

I feel bad for Luck has the talent to win but will never win. Had no chance at Stanford to win a national championship and now with the colts just getting his rear end kicked behind a team trying to rebuild or whatever it is that they are doing over there. Mariota same thing. Do you really believe hell deliver a super bowl to Tennessee. absolutely not. So yea they can have a ton of money but a true competitor wants to win the whole thing. And for those Qbs you mentioned that are in the league chances are they will never achieve that

Mariota

4.4 Million

5.5 Million

6.6 Million

7.7 Million

Luck

Just signed a 140 Million dollar contract

Winston

4.6 Million

5.7 Million

6.9 Million

8 Million

Yea, I'd rather be AJ McCarron or Greg McElroy.....................

Mariota

4.4 Million

5.5 Million

6.6 Million

7.7 Million

Luck

Just signed a 140 Million dollar contract

Winston

4.6 Million

5.7 Million

6.9 Million

8 Million

Yea, I'd rather be AJ McCarron or Greg McElroy.....................

Me 2......have you seen their wives...wow