Tanner Mckee

954gator

So it looks like the heat is starting to get put on Tanner Mckee.  Any West coast guys think Mckee ends up leaving Stanford?   Hate to see a kid like that end up at Bama.  Bama's basically been sleeping this cycle just waiting to see who they want to steal lol. 

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2017/07/tanner_mckee_alabama_5-star_qb.html

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, 954gator said:

So it looks like the heat is starting to get put on Tanner Mckee.  Any West coast guys think Mckee ends up leaving Stanford?   Hate to see a kid like that end up at Bama.  Bama's basically been sleeping this cycle just waiting to see who they want to steal lol. 

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/index.ssf/2017/07/tanner_mckee_alabama_5-star_qb.html

I hope alabama starts signing some big players. ranked i think 54th right now in recruiting. im not worried with saban at the helm but it is interesting to see how many top kids are going elsewhere now

2 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

I hope alabama starts signing some big players. ranked i think 54th right now in recruiting. im not worried with saban at the helm but it is interesting to see how many top kids are going elsewhere now

No worries IMO.  Florida went from like 58th to 9th just this last week.   Bama will get theirs, I just hope they don't want any of our guys lol.  

3 minutes ago, 954gator said:

No worries IMO.  Florida went from like 58th to 9th just this last week.   Bama will get theirs, I just hope they don't want any of our guys lol.  

Corral would look great in crimson just saying lol. Alabama will get theres also in the JUCO ranks which is good. They are ready to play now. 

Really the 2017 season comes down to if Hurts progressed on throwing the deep ball accurately. He was without a doubt exposed the last couple of games last year

3 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I have no clue why Corral or Tanner would want to go to Bama where its a run first team.  They should stay out west play 3 years in the PAC12 and then sign for a shit load of money in the NFL.  Like Rosen is about to do, like Goff did last year and Browning will do next year. 

National Championships?? alot more national exposure as well

1 minute ago, HSFBfan said:

bama still gives you a lot better shot. clemson beat them once. Bama still has multiple national championships in the last decade. 

I hear ya.  But what would be more important to a guy like Tanner or Corral?  Going to a college that runs majority of the time but has a good chance the the NC, or heading to a school that passes and gets your ready for a possible NFL shot?  And maybe you lead that passing team to a shot at a NC instead of joining a school that already is picked to win it all.

3 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

I hear ya.  But what would be more important to a guy like Tanner or Corral?  Going to a college that runs majority of the time but has a good chance the the NC, or heading to a school that passes and gets your ready for a possible NFL shot?  And maybe you lead that passing team to a shot at a NC instead of joining a school that already is picked to win it all.

id rather win to be completely honest and now with the new OC at Alabama i expect them to pass a lot more. Its not like PAC 12 Qbs outside of Leinhart and Rodgers is really tearing it up in the NFL. 

And unfortunately for Rosen or whoever gets drafted in the top 3 and goes to the jets their career will be railroaded very early

id rather win to be completely honest and now with the new OC at Alabama i expect them to pass a lot more. Its not like PAC 12 Qbs outside of Leinhart and Rodgers is really tearing it up in the NFL. 

In Tanners case I would wait to commit since he is going on his 2 year mission trip and take a wait and see approach on Bama.  Give the OC a year to see if he throws or not.  Either way I have a strong feeling he ends up where he belongs.  On the Farm.  

Just now, AztecPadre said:

In Tanners case I would wait to commit since he is going on his 2 year mission trip and take a wait and see approach on Bama.  Give the OC a year to see if he throws or not.  Either way I have a strong feeling he ends up where he belongs.  On the Farm.  

bama seems to be a team to wait for him. makes sense too since hurts will be there til 2018 when he goes to the draft at the earliest. Then tua will be the starter til like 2020 or so. So Tanner can do his 2 year hiatus on his religious trip and come back but then you have a QB that hasnt been around football for 2 years

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HSFBfan said:

id rather win to be completely honest and now with the new OC at Alabama i expect them to pass a lot more. Its not like PAC 12 Qbs outside of Palmer, Luck and Rodgers are tearing it up in the NFL. 

They're not tearing it up but they're in the league playing. What's the Bama QB's doing? 

Bama should be the last place a qb should go too

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

yea but they have rings and life is good. One of the guys is now a reporter for ESPN so hes doing fine. 

I'd rather play in the NFL and make millions than have a ring and work for ESPN. 

If you go to Bama and play under Saban as a QB, you don't play in the NFL. If you're a top flight QB, why would you choose that route?

12 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

I'd rather play in the NFL and make millions than have a ring and work for ESPN. 

If you go to Bama and play under Saban as a QB, you don't play in the NFL. If you're a top flight QB, why would you choose that route?

Because they wanna win. idk whats so hard about that but they wanna win. The kids love Saban. They know they are gonna win a lot more then they would ever lose. 

7 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

Because they wanna win. idk whats so hard about that but they wanna win. The kids love Saban. They know they are gonna win a lot more then they would ever lose. 

You can win in a lot of other places, and get the experience and knowledge it takes to play at the next level. 

Clemson, USC, Michigan, Florida State etc........ to name a few places are much better places for top QB's to go too. 

2 minutes ago, steeler01 said:

You can win in a lot of other places, and get the experience and knowledge it takes to play at the next level. 

Clemson, USC, Michigan, Florida State etc........ to name a few places are much better places for top QB's to go too. 

USC hasnt won a national championship since Reggie Bush and Matt Leinhart in 2004. Michigan hasnt won a national championship 1997 when they won a national championship with nebraska. FSU has won it recently and they are getting recruits. But to say those programs have had the track record in the past decade as Alabama is insane. Clemson went to back to back and won 1 and now all of a sudden they are a good location...hmmm

USC hasnt won a national championship since Reggie Bush and Matt Leinhart in 2004. Michigan hasnt won a national championship 1997 when they won a national championship with nebraska. FSU has won it recently and they are getting recruits. But to say those programs have had the track record in the past decade as Alabama is insane. Clemson went to back to back and won 1 and now all of a sudden they are a good location...hmmm

Clemson has been pumping out pro's.  It is definitely a good location if your a top flight recruit.  You know your in a qb friendly offense with weapons to spare.  Bama has been opening it up more and more so eventually, I imagine one of their qb's is going to be a solid pro.

15 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

3 minutes ago, HSFBfan said:

USC hasnt won a national championship since Reggie Bush and Matt Leinhart in 2004. Michigan hasnt won a national championship 1997 when they won a national championship with nebraska. FSU has won it recently and they are getting recruits. But to say those programs have had the track record in the past decade as Alabama is insane

Who said track record of Bama? You said win more than they lose.

USC was neutered by the NCAA. They're still feeling the effects of those restrictions(By next year they should be fine)

Bama isn't winning games because of QB's, but because of defense and running the ball. That doesn't help a QB develop for the next level. The results prove that.