Trevor Lawrence has 5 INTs in 2 games..

RedZone

On 9/21/2021 at 2:24 PM, Bormio said:

Several analysts had NE as the least talented offense in the NFL

Funny, but I saw numerous predictions with NE winning the division. Which caused me to LOL.

Regardless, the Patriots returned several players that sat out 2020 so they were expected to be better.

I think "least talented offense" is a stretch. Unless Mac Jones is among the reasons they believe that....

On 9/21/2021 at 2:22 PM, Bormio said:

The check down thing has won quite a few titles.  Besides Jones has played really well.  9/13 against the blitz vs Miami.  Stands in the pocket and delivers dimes with a rush on.  And zero picks.

You clearly didn't watch that game. Or understand what was going on if you did.

MIA was playing soft coverage the entire game. Why IDK. But Jones was dinking and dunking all game long.

Even when they did "pressure" him his outlet receivers in the flats and over the middle were almost always wide open with nobody within 3-5 yards. Lots of run after the catch.

Clearly the game plan was to keep everything in front of them (which I totally disagreed with) and they didn't feel the Pats could win that way. But they nearly did.

Regardless I wouldn't give Mac Jones so much credit as I would give the MIA staff grief for a very poor game plan that they never bothered making adjustments to once it was clear they were being nickel'ed and dime'd to death.

Then again NE still only scored 16 points, which ain't a lot in today's offensively charged NFL.

Still, when you've got Xavien Howard, Byron Jones, Jevon Holland, Jason McCourty, Justin Coleman and Nik Needham in your secondary -- there's no excuse for not playing tight man-to-man against a rookie QB playing his first game with WR's not named Devante Adams, Tyreek Hill, DK Metcalf, DeAndre Hopkins, or Stefon Diggs.

• Like 1