Trevor Lawrence has 5 INTs in 2 games..

RedZone

2 hours ago, RedZone said:

It's not just about INTs......and, 2 games quickly become 5 games...then 10 games, then the season is over.

They need to right the ship in Jacksonville....

So, no answer on Manning? You see people actually improve, Especially after two whole games. 

Now I am not sold in TL. I’ve watched him choke before on the biggest stage before. I don’t know if he has “IT”? I hope he does. In either case, I’m not throwing the towel in on a kid who has played a grand total of eight quarters.

10 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

I’m not throwing the towel in on a kid who has played a grand total of eight quarters.

No one is throwing in the towel on Lawrence, dude...or Wilson.

I'm sure people were all over Manning early too and every other QB struggling in his first few starts........the "stats" are what they are right now though.

It's up to Lawrence, Urban and Jacksonville to improve them....if they can. 

7 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Some of these high first round QBs make it, some flame.  Some never adjust to the narrow windows or the fact that everything is faster.  Some can never read defenses.  QB in the NFL is much more a mental exercise than in college.

There is no question that to play in the NFL is more challenging than college. Of course.

And one factor that can be extremely significant is the team the top draft picks go to -- as Nolebull said -- struggling, bottom-feeder teams.

All that being said, prognasticating the careers of rookies after their first two games is like the guys on here eager to jump the gun in a thread during the start of a high school game (i.e. "St. X sucks, they are trailing 7-3 after the 1st Quarter").

13 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

Brutal start of the season for Lawrence and Wilson, the first 2 picks in the draft.

Yes!… As a Niner Fan Thank Goodness of he #3 pick Couldn’t Beat out Jimmy G!!… Otherwise we may be 0-2 as well… 

I Think Jimmy is a Great Leader and he can play… only issue is he gets hurt… 26-8 as a Starting QB in the NFL is Pretty Dam Good!!!…. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, The Colonel said:

Rookie QB, new coach, new offense, average team. All that adds up to a losing season. Lawrence is a long-term investment. 

As An SC Fan Is hope Lawrence Sucks, Throws 30 Pics and the Jags win 3 games…. 

At that point UM will need to “Spend More Time with The Family” and Takr $10 Mill a Year to Coach SC!!… 🤣

Fight On Baby!!.,.🍻

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

These guys went to the worst teams in the NFL. Usually the top couple pics are going to struggle because the teams are so bad. 

The quarterbacks that get picked in the middle to late 1st round always seem to thrive

Some are gushing over Mac Jones who hasn’t done much more than check down 5-8 yard passes despite having adequate time behind a pretty good o-line.

Dude threw for 186 yards on 22 completions last week. Against MIA he dinked and dunked all game long.

Point is, Mac Jones hasn’t really been that good on a Bill Belichick team with good talent … imagine what he’d look like on JAX or NYJ where he’d have less talent around him and less time to make decisions.

6 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

Some are gushing over Mac Jones who hasn’t done much more than check down 5-8 yard passes despite having adequate time behind a pretty good o-line.

Dude threw for 186 yards on 22 completions last week. Against MIA he dinked and dunked all game long.

Point is, Mac Jones hasn’t really been that good on a Bill Belichick team with good talent … imagine what he’d look like on JAX or NYJ where he’d have less talent around him and less time to make decisions.

Wilson and Lawrence should think seriously about that "check down thing" for a couple weeks........clearly both are not quite ready to go down the field at this point.

11 hours ago, ThunderRam said:

Several analysts had NE as the least talented offense in the NFL