Interesting Poll comng out of Florida HS Football Twitter?

TheRealCAJ

5 minutes ago, LOSer said:

What he's saying is that a school that is within 5 miles of about 8 other high schools had less transfers than little old Cocoa.

And yet they get just as much heat (wrongly) for transfers.

I know what he is saying... and he is right. They play up through league together and they keep the best together through High School. I know they don't get 17 transfers over 4 years  like Cocoa...  Cocoa does average about 5 or more a year lately it seems. I guess being on a decent travel team is enticing to some athletes. 

Guest LOSer
2 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

For all we know BTW might still have more D1 athletes even with cocoa transfers

But that's not what anyone is talking about.

BTW would have better players because their district is in Miami.

Guest LOSer
1 minute ago, Cat_Scratch said:

I know what he is saying... and he is right. They play up through league together and they keep the best together through High School. I know they do get 17 transfers over 4 years  like Cocoa...  Cocoa does average about 5 or more a year lately it seems. I guess being on a decent travel team is enticing to some athletes. 

They had 10 last year.

What is it? 12 this year?

They have more than STA.

But you wouldn't know that given the hatred of STA and the cupping of the balls of Cocoa.

Guest LOSer
Just now, Cat_Scratch said:

Viera might be the next Brevard team to start building a program. They have the location, the county support, and money. All they need is to get Cocoa's transfers and a top coaching staff.

Viera gets tons of transfers too.

They're just not very good.

10 minutes ago, LOSer said:

But that's not what anyone is talking about.

BTW would have better players because their district is in Miami.

Of course 

No one is arguing which area has better talent pool,  Miami Dade by long stick over brevard but what Im saying is even with Those transfers BTW should still have been talented enough to beat cocoa, the fact they failed to is why the transfers is such a big deal,  do you think anyone would even care about cocoa transfers if BTW had beaten them again and went on to win 5 straight since we all knew Bolles was gonna to lose to whoever won the south region 

11 minutes ago, LOSer said:

Viera gets tons of transfers too.

They're just not very good.

9 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

I agree. BUT, they have the potential if they can hire a better coaching staff and take the best transfers from Cocoa. 

They won't take many while cocoa remains a class 4a favorite, it far easier for them to win state in 4a with cocoa then viera in 7a

Viera will get what they need sooner or later. When they built Viera High they also put in one of the better football fields in the county. Some schools still don't have their own fields. Viera gets special treatment because of the affluent families that enroll their kids there. Their baseball field is where the Washington Nationals practice. Viera is next to the county seat and lots of Doctors, lawyers, judges... live in that area. Money makes a difference,

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Cat_Scratch said:

Viera will get what they need sooner or later. When they built Viera High they also put in one of the better football fields in the county. Some schools still don't have their own fields. Viera gets special treatment because of the affluent families that enroll their kids there. Their baseball field is where the Washington Nationals practice. Viera is next to the county seat and lots of Doctors, lawyers, judges... live in that area. Money makes a difference,

Brevard county transfers yes

But while cocoa a 4a contender i don't see many leaving cocoa

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Zoe Boy said:

I didn't say they don't...But they never go to the extreme of 7,8,10, 12,15 transfers... I know this... 

BTW without transfers probably still equal or better talent wise than cocoa with all those transfers so i don't see a problem, if BTW had beaten cocoa then no one in South Florida would care about the transfers

17 hours ago, LOSer said:

They had 10 last year.

What is it? 12 this year?

They have more than STA.

But you wouldn't know that given the hatred of STA and the cupping of the balls of Cocoa.

Some of those players started out at Cocoa and transferred out their sophomore and junior years. 

17 hours ago, Cat_Scratch said:

These are facts.  Just look at how fast Viera has gained traction in Brevard and making noise around the state. Their also playing their 3rd OOS  game this season. They've been open since 2006 or 2007 I believe. I just know it was my soph. year when they opened and pulled from Rockledge, Eau Gallie, Melbourne, and Satellite 

Guest LOSer
1 hour ago, Keemd91 said:

Some of those players started out at Cocoa and transferred out their sophomore and junior years. 

One thing is clear.

When the spotlight is turned on others they can quickly find justifications for their transfers that they wouldn't have thought about for anybody else.

Guest LOSer
1 hour ago, Keemd91 said:

Just look at how fast Viera has gained traction in Brevard and making noise around the state. 

What noise have they made?

They had one fluke run to state and got smashed.

34 minutes ago, LOSer said:

What noise have they made?

They had one fluke run to state and got smashed.

The fact that they made it and beat teams no one gave them a chance against. I didn't expect them to get past Lakeland at all. Not even Columbia.  Then they beat Lakeland again which surprised  me. And beat Kathleen.  Plant brought them back down to earth tho. But the fact they are playing these teams is crazy to me seeing where they started from. 

38 minutes ago, LOSer said:

One thing is clear.

When the spotlight is turned on others they can quickly find justifications for their transfers that they wouldn't have thought about for anybody else.

That's true but I would say the same for any another school. I was just throwing out facts

Guest LOSer
48 minutes ago, Keemd91 said:

The fact that they made it and beat teams no one gave them a chance against. I didn't expect them to get past Lakeland at all. Not even Columbia.

The fact that you didn't think they'd beat Lakeland and Columbia means you didn't think they were good.

So, again, what noise have they made outside of one fluke run?

On 7/31/2017 at 0:51 PM, LOSer said:

They're a 4A school that has played in 13 OOS games since 2010 (all against bigger schools) and has acquitted themselves fairly well.

And they actually play good defense unlike Valdosta.

All I was going to say that if ECH couldn't get up for Cocoa, I better not ever hear him mention Valdosta, Tucker or any squad in Georgia close to them again.

• Like 1