Interesting Poll comng out of Florida HS Football Twitter?

TheRealCAJ

Guest LOSer
1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

Classic case of being buddy buddy with the Cocoa and TC coach

Josh is a disgusting brown-noser.

He's worse with the FHSAA than he is with his coach friends.

42 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Cocoa? I have never understood the lovefest for that team at all.

Where do I start ?  At 500 total male students in grades 9-12 there are 6,000 U.S. and 380 Florida high schools that have more male students. Minority make up is 50%. Free or reduced lunches are given to over 60% of all students. They will play anyone, anywhere, and 99% of the time it's ON THE ROAD.  There aren't many public highs schools this size, with rosters under 40 players,  that attempt such an ambitious schedule year after year. With an excellent coaching staff leading many high quality neighborhood athletes, what's not to like ? Remember, most of these young men aren't D-1 size and still play in a very effective one-dimensional run offense. The defense is always hard nosed, but with such a small roster they at times can be wore down by larger high schools. Although not many in Florida seem able to do it. #MainlandHomer

• Thanks 1
  • Like 5

7 minutes ago, dan in daytona said:

Where do I start ?  At 500 total male students in grades 9-12 there are 6,000 U.S. and 380 Florida high schools that have more male students. Minority make up is 50%. Free or reduced lunches are given to over 60% of all students. They will play anyone, anywhere, and 99% of the time it's ON THE ROAD.  There aren't many public highs schools this size, with rosters under 40 players,  that attempt such an ambitious schedule year after year. With an excellent coaching staff leading many high quality neighborhood athletes, what's not to like ? Remember, most of these young men aren't D-1 size and still play in a very effective one-dimensional run offense. The defense is always hard nosed, but with such a small roster they at times can be wore down by larger high schools. Although not many in Florida seem able to do it. #MainlandHomer

Don't worry Dan in Daytona, the out of state people think sta and img only good teams in Florida, that's why they will never know Florida football, they too lazy to do real research so they just pick 2 teams and call the line there and everyone else weak in their eyes

13 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

I already commented that It's bogus. 

Classic case of being buddy buddy with the Cocoa and TC coach 

just like DJ with Curtis and Katy 

I saw your comment, i found the other peoples write ins laughable 

When i saw Union County i was about to write Columbia in but then i realized it be more fun to laugh at the hilarious comments 

Not to mention someone wrote in sta when they were actually one of the vote options lol

5 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Don't worry Dan in Daytona, the out of state people think sta and img only good teams in Florida, that's why they will never know Florida football, they too lazy to do real research so they just pick 2 teams and call the line there and everyone else weak in their eyes

ColumbiaFan, what's a young guy like yourself doing up with the old guys?  Your up and stirring the pot too. :)

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, dan in daytona said:

ColumbiaFan, what's a young guy like yourself doing up with the old guys?  Your up and stirring the pot too. :)

I been here a while i just didn't post much when all i saw was political posts so i decided to stick to board with football talk but i constantly read over here and laugh at some of the ridiculous stuff some these people say lol

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

I been here a while i just didn't post much when all i saw was political posts so i decided to stick to board with football talk but i constantly read over here and laugh at some of the ridiculous stuff some these people say lol

Yeah there's some strong personalities here. The board's not for the faint of heart. I often feel battered and bruised. But I throw insults like the rest. It's entertaining. You can't take it too seriously. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

17 minutes ago, Drummer61 said:

Wow......May be your best post ever as we agree....I love this team and coach....I saw them pound out a great win against BC in Jersey with simple power football,discipline,resolve and  a good back named Folsten???? Who now,I think plays at ND....Best small team in the country...

folston was an absolute beast against BC. and yes he went on to play at ND

He went to tryout for the redskins as an unsigned free agent but from the articles that i was reading he hasnt been signed by any team in the nfl

20 hours ago, dan in daytona said:

I've always loved that about Cocoa. One of the schools I always root for nationally. Alcoa is Tennessee's version of Cocoa. 582 students total. 48% male. None of the big schools ever want to play them (except Maryville). I've always wanted Cocoa play Alcoa in a small school battle. Also, Buford in GA. Although, Buford and Cocoa are over twice the size of Alcoa, I would still love to see those matchups. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Liking Cocoa's philosophy and pointing out their shortcomings are two completely different things. 

Cocoa shouldn't be awarded recognition because they "lose in style" 

And the one thing you failed to mention Dan is they stockpile transfers faster than anyone outside STA and IMG. They are up to 14 just this year alone and had double digits last year. They are a Brevard County all star team. 

Hard to pat a coach on the back for (finally) winning the 5th biggest classification with half a roster of transfers. 

I guess everyone sees things differently 

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Liking Cocoa's philosophy and pointing out their shortcomings are two completely different things. 

And the one thing you failed to mention Dan is they stockpile transfers faster than anyone outside STA and IMG. They are up to 14 just this year alone and had double digits last year. They are a Brevard County all star team. 

Hard to pat a coach on the back for (finally) winning the 5th biggest classification with half a roster of transfers. 

It showed that Florida not as cut and dry as some people  want to believe 

Sorry to burst everyone bubble but img and sta not only good Florida teams 

6 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

it shows me that the coach has developed an atmosphere that the kids believe in and want to play for. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

"Finally"?

Just now, HSFBfan said:

it shows me that the coach has developed an atmosphere that the kids believe in and want to play for. 

I get it. No issues. The point I was bringing up was why is there a love fest for Cocoa. There are 2 sides to every story. I was giving one side. Lol.

i understand. Players want to play for Cocoa over Cocoa Beach, Melbourne, Merritt Island etc. I would want my son to play for them too if those were my options. 

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

I get it. No issues. The point I was bringing up was why is there a love fest for Cocoa. There are 2 sides to every story. I was giving one side. Lol.

i understand. Players want to play for Cocoa over Cocoa Beach, Melbourne, Merritt Island etc. I would want my son to play for them too if those were my options. 

they gained my respect when they came and beat Bergen. Everyone thought there was no way cocoa could compete with BC and they proved me wrong 100%. The fans also were great people. i wish that was one game that could get put back on the schedule

• Like 1

9 hours ago, dan in daytona said:

In the past, a lot of that was commendable. But they got about 20 transfers in this year, so it's not like their pulling from their school zone right now exclusively for players. But they are always tough and always have the heart of a champion. One of my favorite Cocoa game is when they went up and beat BC in NJ.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Yes finally. They won 2A and 3A titles years ago, and finally after 5 straight losses to Booker T, they stockpiled transfers and scraped by them to win the 5th biggest class. 

Finally 

So you feel cocoa should have been able to beat them without transfers?

Dade talent vs brevard talent

Sureeee....

It doesn't matter how many transfers cocoa got, the dade talent on BTW was still solid and cocoa earned that state championship game over them 

Since we all knew whoever won south would beat Bolles by double digits, well i did but some people thought Bolles would actually win lol

• Like 1