Interesting Poll comng out of Florida HS Football Twitter?

TheRealCAJ

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

So you feel cocoa should have been able to beat them without transfers?

Dade talent vs brevard talent

Sureeee....

It doesn't matter how many transfers cocoa got, the dade talent on BTW was still solid and cocoa earned that state championship game over them 

Since we all knew whoever won south would beat Bolles by double digits, well i did but some people thought Bolles would actually win lol

my thing is why are we beating up cocoa for transfers....theres transfers all over the country. and now with the open transfers in FL if 60 kids want to go to cocoa its perfectly allowed and so be it. 

• Like 2

Just now, HSFBfan said:

my thing is why are we beating up cocoa for transfers....theres transfers all over the country. and now with the open transfers in FL if 60 kids want to go to cocoa its perfectly allowed and so be it. 

It's because it fights the norm 

They wanted BTW to win 5 straight and show how bland Florida is so they would be correct

But cocoa won and proved there is talent in more than 2 counties plus img

3 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

It's because it fights the norm 

They wanted BTW to win 5 straight and show how bland Florida is so they would be correct

But cocoa won and proved there is talent in more than 2 counties plus img

MC BTW Cocoa.....well see deerfield beach up here in NJ this year. im sure theres plenty of good teams around florida that we dont talk about or dont get the credit they deserve

• Thanks 3
  • Like 2

13 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Yes finally. They won 2A and 3A titles years ago, and finally after 5 straight losses to Booker T, they stockpiled transfers and scraped by them to win the 5th biggest class. 

Finally 

Nolebull, I know why you're such a negative F*** about Cocoa.  When that little school gets pounded out of state by a national power, in your eyes, it brings your Florida superiority argument down to the Homers in the other big time football states. And that's pretty selfish and pathetic. Most of that Cocoa roster comes from nothing. They got nothing and chances are many will obtain very little in life. A plane ride and trip out of state will be a lifetime highlight for most. Sure with good stable coaching, Wilkerson gets his share of area athletes. This isn't much different then Mainland High in neighboring Volusia County. Similar schools, with very similar underprivileged athletes. Stop the hating, it's only a high school activity. And by the way, losing to Booker T Washington, one of the top teams in America, isn't disgraceful. Grow up, be an adult. This is kids play...

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Liking Cocoa's philosophy and pointing out their shortcomings are two completely different things. 

Cocoa shouldn't be awarded recognition because they "lose in style" 

And the one thing you failed to mention Dan is they stockpile transfers faster than anyone outside STA and IMG. They are up to 14 just this year alone and had double digits last year. They are a Brevard County all star team. 

Hard to pat a coach on the back for (finally) winning the 5th biggest classification with half a roster of transfers. 

I guess everyone sees things differently 

Ehh those teams in Dade can load up on transfers with the best of em.   Don't think BTW coaches and players are complaining.  Evenwith all those transfers BTW had the talent edge.  Good for Cocoa for finally beating them.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 2

Guest LOSer
13 hours ago, ECHS05 said:

Cocoa? I have never understood the lovefest for that team at all.

They're a 4A school that has played in 13 OOS games since 2010 (all against bigger schools) and has acquitted themselves fairly well.

And they actually play good defense unlike Valdosta.

3 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Yes finally. They won 2A and 3A titles years ago, and finally after 5 straight losses to Booker T, they stockpiled transfers and scraped by them to win the 5th biggest class. 

Finally 

OH, I was thinking finally as in they won.  It did not add up that 4 titles in 10 or 11 years was no where near a finally.  Personally I am glad to see the transfers.  It s the only way to keep up with BTW.  They fall right into that school because of how dense the pop is there.  I mean 3 school play on that same field.  Up until recently it was Cocoa V the 2nd team DADE county all star team (Miami Central being the 1st team).

• Like 1

7 hours ago, 181pl said:

In the past, a lot of that was commendable. But they got about 20 transfers in this year, so it's not like their pulling from their school zone right now exclusively for players. But they are always tough and always have the heart of a champion. One of my favorite Cocoa game is when they went up and beat BC in NJ.

Someone is overexageratting a lil on the amount of transfers Cocoa got last season.

15 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Liking Cocoa's philosophy and pointing out their shortcomings are two completely different things. 

Cocoa shouldn't be awarded recognition because they "lose in style" 

And the one thing you failed to mention Dan is they stockpile transfers faster than anyone outside STA and IMG. They are up to 14 just this year alone and had double digits last year. They are a Brevard County all star team. 

Hard to pat a coach on the back for (finally) winning the 5th biggest classification with half a roster of transfers. 

I guess everyone sees things differently 

Thanks for the link... now can post BTW's from the last 3 years?

http://www.321recruits.com/transfer-update-2016/

On Mon Jul 31 2017 at 9:52 PM, Nolebull813 said:

I count 12 transfers into Cocoa with a few transferring out of Cocoa. Also one of those 12 transferred last season and played on the basketball team and ran track. Also a couple of those 12 transfers originally started their high school football career at cocoa and transferred out. Now they transferred back to Cocoa

On 7/31/2017 at 1:04 AM, Columbiafan said:

Don't worry Dan in Daytona, the out of state people think sta and img only good teams in Florida, that's why they will never know Florida football, they too lazy to do real research so they just pick 2 teams and call the line there and everyone else weak in their eyes

I don't think they mean that 

On 8/2/2017 at 1:49 PM, Zoe Boy said:

BTW never had double digits transfers! I know this for a fact! Champagnat, Da West , Southridge, MC shit and even American High had more transfers then BTW... Don't play yourself!

They switch around so much in South Florida it's hard to keep up. You axe like they get no transfers...

Guest LOSer
4 minutes ago, Cat_Scratch said:

They switch around so much in South Florida it's hard to keep up. You axe like they get no transfers...

What he's saying is that a school that is within 5 miles of about 8 other high schools had less transfers than little old Cocoa.

And yet they get just as much heat (wrongly) for transfers.

1 minute ago, LOSer said:

What he's saying is that a school that is within 5 miles of about 8 other high schools had less transfers than little old Cocoa.

And yet they get just as much heat (wrongly) for transfers.

What I'm wondering is how many d1 athletes are on each team after those transfers for cocoa

For all we know BTW might still have more D1 athletes even with cocoa transfers 

Better yet would anyone even care about cocoa transfers if BTW had beaten them in playoffs?