USA Computer Preseason Top 25

TheRealCAJ

4 hours ago, 954gator said:

I really don't understand why people are so high on teams like Loyola Academy.   I mean they're a Solid Illinois team, but I just don't see it Nationally.

If you haven't gone out and proved it on the big national stage you better be filled with talent, and they're just not.

I agree. Loyola lost a lot to graduation and should be a crap shoot as to how good they may be. We should get a decent gauge of Illinois this year. They are stepping up their OOS schedule. with a couple of very average teams ( for IL ) moving up to face much more nationally regarded programs. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

ONE of those will be your MNC......dark horse Allen

Everyone else playing for scraps.

food-scraps-shutterstock-c.jpg

I mostly agree, but teams like my Spartans, have a chance if they run the table.  I personally think DLS takes 2 losses this year, but would put some $ down if someone gave me 20:1 odds they don't run the table

and, if DLS runs the table, who's their competition?  The only 2 of the top 5 left would be sta and IMG.  Maybe, although DLS would have STA's best win matched + BG.  I really don't think anyone, including pollsters, WANTS to put IMG #1 (and, there'd be a head to head with SJC)

who else?

and, btw, let me just exclude Rummel simply on the basis of their starting position not having enough SOS to take it to the top

youd have to include most TX title contenders, especially Allen.  Maybe an undefeated GA or OH champ if all the top Big 3 teams take a loss somewhere

dont think a team like Chandler or east comes from a state with enough street cred (although east' game with IMG probably adds it to list)

i think there are credibly 40-50 teams with at least a sliver of a path

1 minute ago, 954gator said:

I can dig that.

Me too

i think BG is going to take a couple of losses somewhere but, coming off a 3-peat (at least somebody's) MNC, have no problem with their placement, especially absent anyone else obvious

sta gets it's 20th straight top 5 start -- and I don't have any problem with it

within the top 5, I see SJB/ MD/ IMG as top 3 -- wasn't the 5dimes line STA +11 v SJB in Florida?  That's ridiculous for top5 teams but am not sure it's wrong

and I'm not sure IMG as good as last year

i think it's really SJB and MD and I could easily see them splitting 2 games like last year

2 hours ago, 954gator said:

That's a pickem game if you ask me just like BG-STA was last year IMO.  Only time will tell. 

Not sure about pick'em, but seems like a crazy line against a top 5 team at home

2 hours ago, 954gator said:

There are theoretically a bunch of teams that COULD win if they go undefeated.  SJC, MC COULD, but I'd guess those teams are gonna lose a couple games.  

Don't know MC's schedule well enough but SJC certainly ought to be MNC if they go undefeated -- there odds if going undefeated are better than OLu's, who would also deserve it

12 hours ago, Gospeeder said:

I agree. Loyola lost a lot to graduation and should be a crap shoot as to how good they may be. We should get a decent gauge of Illinois this year. They are stepping up their OOS schedule. with a couple of very average teams ( for IL ) moving up to face much more nationally regarded programs. 

I wouldn't necessarily call them average, I would say more typical. If Loyola, H-F, and East Side get dominated then there's a problem. But if we put up a good game vs the Ohio teams that's telling as well.