Sweet One-Handed TD Grab in Louisiana 4A State Championship Game and (5A Champ Game Updates)

RedZone

Westgate beats Warren Easton 14-13 in a great 4A Champ Game. A tremendous amount of talent on the field.

Just another example of Louisiana kids making BIG plays on the high school, collegiate and NFL's biggest stages.  I don't even know why I post on this inferior forum with inferior people from inferior football states. Habit, I guess.

Westgate's Dedrick Latulas with the sweet one-hander!

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Only a bush league Association would not play in the best stadium in their state.  Aka the GHSA.

Not all the games are at the Superdome......6 of the 9 Champ Games will be played in Dome this year though.

For the most part:

Publics play in the Superdome

Privates play at Tulane Stadium and Cajun Field on the campus of La-Lafayette.

They did schedule 1 Private State Champ at the Dome this year and that's a fluke that it happened.

Tulane Stadium and Cajun Field are quality high school football sites and more than adequate.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Yard Dart said:

That's not a one-handed catch!  THIS is a one-handed catch!  Superior Texas athletes...

That's pretty good!

Always have to show the little state up! 😄

Speaking of ATHs.

...3* Westgate TE Danny Lewis went for a 73 Yard TD last night. He's a Cincinnati Bearcats commit.

Not a burner, but just fast enough on that play. 

https://247sports.com/player/danny-lewis-46112762/

Westgate really suckered the Warren Easton's on that play......wide open!

5 hours ago, RedZone said:

...3* Westgate TE Danny Lewis went for a 73 Yard TD last night. He's a Cincinnati Bearcats commit.

Not a burner, but just fast enough on that play. 

https://247sports.com/player/danny-lewis-46112762/

Westgate really suckered the Warren Easton's on that play......wide open!

Florida was in the Dome last night.......I have a feeling Billy Napier is going to "Nick Saban" Louisiana.

Danny Lewis Jr picks up Gator offer. Might be a game changer for Lewis.

9 hours ago, RedZone said:

Westgate beats Warren Easton 14-13 in a great 4A Champ Game. A tremendous amount of talent on the field.

Just another example of Louisiana kids making BIG plays on the high school, collegiate and NFL's biggest stages.  I don't even know why I post on this inferior forum with inferior people from inferior football states. Habit, I guess.

Westgate's Dedrick Latulas with the sweet one-hander!

1.  I'm tempted to go over to a couple of the Louisiana board and see how maaaaaaad those Many Tiger fans are.  I'm sure the Ferriday fan is rubbing it in.

2.  Easton choked.  With Karr out the picture it was thiers for the taking...and Easton Gagged.

3.  I await for the Ponchy score later.

• RedZone changed the title to Sweet One-Handed TD Grab in Louisiana 4A State Championship Game and (5A Champ Game Updates)
2 hours ago, RedZone said:

I know the Louisiana game is fast, probably too fast for the human eye....but here's the one-handed catch.......I could slow motion it for you. lol

bandicam 2021-12-11 18-44-16-674.jpg

Oh, I saw it.  He used his left hand to stop the ball from traveling, but he cradled the ball in both hands to make the catch.  In Texas, we call that a 2-handed catch.  It's also a fairly common type of catch.

You can go back to trying to pump up Louisiana football now.