Why get rid of Columbus day?

Wildcat Will

8 hours ago, Wildcat Will said:

I would like to know what school you guys attended and when. Seems there were some missed classes or the teaching was inept.

I attended a school that taught me that my Italian ancestors weren’t responsible for slavery since they didn’t migrate to American until the 1910’s. In fact they said it was possible my ancestors were impacted by the Barbary Slave Trade when North Africans were kidnapping Christians from Europe and enslaving them for 200 years. 

1 hour ago, Nolebull813 said:

I attended a school that taught me that my Italian ancestors weren’t responsible for slavery since they didn’t migrate to American until the 1910’s. In fact they said it was possible my ancestors were impacted by the Barbary Slave Trade when North Africans were kidnapping Christians from Europe and enslaving them for 200 years. 

Columbus was Italian.

Between 1880 and 1924, over 4 million Italians immigrated to the US. More than half of those came between 1900 - 1910.

The Barbary slave trading days were mainly between 1530 and 1780. This is the time when whites (European Christians)were enslaved by the Muslims of the Barbary Coast. 

Your dates aren't jiving with history.

30 minutes ago, Wildcat Will said:

Columbus was Italian.

Between 1880 and 1924, over 4 million Italians immigrated to the US. More than half of those came between 1900 - 1910.

The Barbary slave trading days were mainly between 1530 and 1780. This is the time when whites (European Christians)were enslaved by the Muslims of the Barbary Coast. 

Yeah sounds eerily familiar. Sounds like people in the 2000’s trying to use something that happened 150-300 years before their time as a crutch to absolve themselves from personal responsibility. Thank you for you supporting my argument 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Wildcat Will said:

Columbus was Italian.

@Wildcat Will why are you so worried about the buyers, you should put all this energy  To  who sold out thier own people and sold his people to the whities 

got African kings and war lords eating off of golden plates and utensils  living in one of his 9 mansions while his people live in huts living off a bag of rice a month , that’s the sad part, you trying to paint a picture around a certain race and I’m just not gonna let that fly no mo

your own people sold y’all out not no immigrants from Ellis island 120 years  ago 

• Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, FreeBird said:

@Wildcat Will why are you so worried about the buyers, you should put all this energy  To  who sold out thier own people and sold his people to the whities 

got African kings and war lords eating off of golden plates and utensils  living in one of his 9 mansions while his people live in huts living off a bag of rice a month , that’s the sad part, you trying to paint a picture around a certain race and I’m just not gonna let that fly no mo

your own people sold y’all out not no immigrants from Ellis island 120 years  ago 

Why are you reluctant to accept fact? 

I guess there were no peasants in England? 

My God you guys are pitiful.

It is not my fault that this country was built the way it was. 

Truth is truth, heh?

3 hours ago, Wildcat Will said:

As I said, your dates aren't matching history. You seem to be conflating time lines. That's understandable when you only know bits and pieces of the truth.

What I’m saying is you are complaining about something that happened 150-300 years ago but could the Italian immigrants from the 1900’s complain about things that happened 150-300 years before them? 

What’s is funny is you yourself can break every single barrier that came the generation before you and back. 

If a minority was born in 1997 and is 25 now and doesn’t have an education, and no job and isn’t contributing to society, they can’t use slavery as the reason. That’s the most asinine thing I ever heard of. 

The choices you make decide your future.  Not The ancestors that came before you. The choices you make today effect tomorrow. Not 300 years ago. 

The victim mentality runs deep, and I hope one day we live in a society that everyone wakes up from left wing propaganda and understands that their choices and actions yield all their future results.

Willy I believe there is still hope for you. Say it with me. “I am not a victim”

“Me deciding to smoke some weed and watch Maury Povich and play Madden and not fill out the job applications and attend interviews is the reason I don’t have a job. Not pretend systemic racism. 

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

What I’m saying is you are complaining about something that happened 150-300 years ago but could the Italian immigrants from the 1900’s complain about things that happened 150-300 years before them? 

I am not complaining about anything.

To answer your query, yes they could and did. That is why they left where they were to come here for a change.

Are you not astute enough to understand cause and effect? Inheirantly, there are consequences to every action. One (1) day or 1,000 days in the interim makes no difference. 

4 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

What’s is funny is you yourself can break every single barrier that came the generation before you and back. 

If a minority was born in 1997 and is 25 now and doesn’t have an education, and no job and isn’t contributing to society, they can’t use slavery as the reason. That’s the most asinine thing I ever heard of. 

The choices you make decide your future.  Not The ancestors that came before you. The choices you make today effect tomorrow. Not 300 years ago. 

The victim mentality runs deep, and I hope one day we live in a society that everyone wakes up from left wing propaganda and understands that their choices and actions yield all their future results.

Willy I believe there is still hope for you. Say it with me. “I am not a victim”

“Me deciding to smoke some weed and watch Maury Povich and play Madden and not fill out the job applications and attend interviews is the reason I don’t have a job. Not pretend systemic racism. 

You are so naive.