Why get rid of Columbus day?

Wildcat Will

Unlike African slavery, which was legal for centuries and sanctioned by states and empires around the world, Indian slavery was very early on made illegal," Reséndez says. "However, because Native American labor had been essential to all of the economic activities going on during this first generation of colonialism, it was unthinkable for the European colonists to do without native slaves. And so they very quickly devised all kinds of subterfuges and euphemisms in order to continue to profit from the coerced labor of natives by calling it different names."

As soon as they got here, they enslaved the natives. On his first day in the New World, he ordered six of the natives to be seized, writing in his journal that he believed they would be good servants. Throughout his years in the New World, Columbus enacted policies of forced labor in which natives were put to work for the sake of profits. Later, Columbus sent thousands of peaceful Taino “Indians” from the island of Hispaniola to Spain to be sold. Many died en route.

24 minutes ago, Wildcat Will said:

Unlike African slavery, which was legal for centuries and sanctioned by states and empires around the world, Indian slavery was very early on made illegal," Reséndez says. "However, because Native American labor had been essential to all of the economic activities going on during this first generation of colonialism, it was unthinkable for the European colonists to do without native slaves. And so they very quickly devised all kinds of subterfuges and euphemisms in order to continue to profit from the coerced labor of natives by calling it different names."

As soon as they got here, they enslaved the natives. On his first day in the New World, he ordered six of the natives to be seized, writing in his journal that he believed they would be good servants. Throughout his years in the New World, Columbus enacted policies of forced labor in which natives were put to work for the sake of profits. Later, Columbus sent thousands of peaceful Taino “Indians” from the island of Hispaniola to Spain to be sold. Many died en route.

Your welcome 

4 minutes ago, Warrior said:

Learn history 

BD3D3461-154A-407D-A1F2-B4384C9AFAF6.jpeg

In 1892, President Benjamin Harrison issued a proclamation encouraging Americans to mark the 400th anniversary of Columbus’ voyage with patriotic festivities, writing, “On that day let the people, so far as possible, cease from toil and devote themselves to such exercises as may best express honor to the discoverer and their appreciation of the great achievements of the four completed centuries of American life.”

And this person tells me to learn history.

Bless his heart.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Wildcat Will said:

He said nothing but "I shall enslave and dominate and even send some back to the queen"

Your in the most advanced country in the world u fuck do you understand how grateful u should  be knowing u live here and not some 3rd world country

you can thank Mr. Columbus for that 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

Columbus represents a white man and that is public enemy number 1 in America. Straight white Christian males are the most discriminated against in the country. The reasoning is it’s viewed as “payback” for slavery.

The anti white violence and rhetoric you see all around the country is premeditated by design. It’s left wingers who are radicalized by their information sources, and unleashed on society for revenge. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Wildcat Will said:

Me and my people built this country.

Your ass should be greatful.

What did your people build? Did they build all the downtown buildings in all big cities? 

No white people built anything? Let me guess a white person didnt invent the plane, automobile, electricity, telephone, air conditioner, smartphone etc etc

27 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

What did your people build? Did they build all the downtown buildings in all big cities? 

No white people built anything? Let me guess a white person didnt invent the plane, automobile, electricity, telephone, air conditioner, smartphone etc etc

I just enjoy you.

Italy hailed the redress of a historic injustice yesterday after the US Congress recognised an impoverished Florentine immigrant as the inventor of the telephone rather than Alexander Graham Bell.

Historians and Italian-Americans won their battle to persuade Washington to recognise a little-known mechanical genius, Antonio Meucci, as a father of modern communications, 113 years after his death.

The vote by the House of Representatives prompted joyous claims in Meucci's homeland that finally Bell had been outed as a perfidious Scot who found fortune and fame by stealing another man's work.

In the pre-Civil War United States, a stronger case can be made that slavery played a critical role in economic development. One crop, slave-grown cotton, provided over half of all US export earnings. By 1840, the South grew 60 percent of the world's cotton and provided some 70 percent of the cotton consumed by the British textile industry. Thus slavery paid for a substantial share of the capital, iron, and manufactured goods that laid the basis for American economic growth. In addition, precisely because the South specialized in cotton production, the North developed a variety of businesses that provided services for the slave South, including textile factories, a meat processing industry, insurance companies, shippers, and cotton brokers.

52 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

I’m not trying to diminish black peoples contributions but don’t lie and act like white people didn’t contribute to mankind’s progression. The whole world contributes. Stop the tribalism and propaganda 

I would like to know what school you guys attended and when. Seems there were some missed classes or the teaching was inept.