Lets talk IMG Lite!

ORabidOne

NOW, as many of you may know. Buford, Ga., population 12,000,  has been a very big fish in a mudhole for three decades! NOW, they are getting aspirations to move on up, to the Upper East Side like the Jeffersons! The thing holding them back from wanting to move up to the bigs in the past! Was their former coaches propensity to play a three yards and a cloud of dust offense! Thereby not being able to attract the top tier skill position players, as would be necessary to run with the big dogs of 7A! Enter John Ford from two time state runners up Roswell! NOW, they have the potential tool in place to actually make some noise on a national scale! Because BOYS, these chumps have the infrastructure to be DAMN SCARY! Disregard the paltry population! They are SMACK DAB in the middle of a population base of 1,700,000 plus, within twenty miles! And the powers that be who run the Buford Athletics Association, should be running the DAMN COUNTRY! Cause they have ALL the answers! Anyone who has evidence to the contrary, please feel free to correctomundo ole Rabid! BUT it is my understanding that they have had unlimited open enrollment, with a BARE BONES tuition fee in the past, of $200.00! And they are about to go back to that carte blanche talent acquisition in the very near future! In the interim, they skirted the open enrollment malady by accepting kids in the eighth grade, who according to the GHSA, were not considered transfers! And they apparently have UNLIMITED funding resources, as the tax base from both Gwinnett and Hall counties, Buford city, and ESPLOST funds from the aforementioned counties would indicate! Plus, many, many very affluent boosters! This is a pissain't lil town, that has a proposed 10,000 seat Sprinturf football stadium on the drawing board, with a $2,000,000 scoreboard! Three existing Sprinturf practice fields, and 2,500 capacity high school about to open it's doors! And a $30,000,000 multi activity center/basketball gym! And when these boys get revved back up with their creative playa acquisitions! They will be drawing talent from a county with 900,000, one with 250,000, one from 400,000, one with 150,000, and one with an additional 30,000! And the Coup de Grace is, that unlike IMG, THEY will STILL be eligible to qualify for Regional, State, and National championship trophies!

I almost forgot! WithOUT open enrollment, the powers that be in Buford, have succeeded in compiling THIS type talent on the Buford OFFENSE! FIVE MAJOR DI OL, three MAJOR DI RB'S, and a MAJOR DI QB! And ALL are JUNIORS except the FRESHMAN QB! If this trend continues, in a few years, the Buford SECOND UNIT will do Buford's light work! And vie for the GHSA 7A STATE TITLE! Everybody ELSE will be playing for SECOND PLACE! Because nobody ELSE in this state can play by THESE rules, like Buford can!

Rab, the offense looked pretty good against Hillgrove, for a first game with all the new parts Buford fans were happy. First quarter wasn't enjoyable, but from the 2nd quarter on the Qb didn't play like a freshman, the wideouts showed good hands on a couple of darts. The running backs and O line did what Buford does. Yep, the forward pass is a thing of beauty.    As always.   75

According to the 2010 census, Moultrie only had 2,000 more people and I bet it is even closer now.  What makes them a "pissain't lil town"?  Their aspirations with their facilities are pretty in line with what Colquitt is doing.  Just asking.

11 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

pissain't lil town

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Fred said:

According to the 2010 census, Moultrie only had 2,000 more people and I bet it is even closer now.  What makes them a "pissain't lil town"?  Their aspirations with their facilities are pretty in line with what Colquitt is doing.  Just asking.

Perhaps you missed the part of Colquitt's title that denotes a COUNTY high school? CONVERSELY, you can PISS across BUFORD! Yet, three feet outside the TOWN limits is the Mall of Georgia, and 1,500,000 of their closest friends! Those clowns being AAAAA is PURE BULLSHIT! Like I said previously! Whomever the powers that be were who contrived this BULLSHIT, was a FUCKING GENIUS! Talk about having their cake and eat it too! Those girls play in the bush leagues because of an artificial population base! And can play against schools who draw from a mere 20,000! Buford has ten times the potential talent pool of MILL CREEK, the largest high school on the Eastern Seaboard! Yet they slither around in the GHSA BUSH LEAGUES! And you could say that about Cartersville as WELL, just on a smaller scale! They play in AAAA, yet draw open enrollment from an area three times the population size of Colquitt county! Yet they won't even play Colquitt in a non region game! And one of our assistant coaches is FROM THERE!

6 hours ago, ORabidOne said:

Perhaps you missed the part of Colquitt's title that denotes a COUNTY high school? CONVERSELY, you can PISS across BUFORD! Yet, three feet outside the TOWN limits is the Mall of Georgia, and 1,500,000 of their closest friends! Those clowns being AAAAA is PURE BULLSHIT! Like I said previously! Whomever the powers that be were who contrived this BULLSHIT, was a FUCKING GENIUS! Talk about having their cake and eat it too! Those girls play in the bush leagues because of an artificial population base! And can play against schools who draw from a mere 20,000! Buford has ten times the potential talent pool of MILL CREEK, the largest high school on the Eastern Seaboard! Yet they slither around in the GHSA BUSH LEAGUES! And you could say that about Cartersville as WELL, just on a smaller scale! They play in AAAA, yet draw open enrollment from an area three times the population size of Colquitt county! Yet they won't even play Colquitt in a non region game! And one of our assistant coaches is FROM THERE!

You still didn't answer how a population within 2,000 of Moutrie makes them a "pissant little town." 

4 hours ago, Fred said:

What's really funny is Buford is .5 sq miles larger than Moultrie.  So what doe that make Moultrie?  :o:ph34r:  Just messing with him.

Man don't be saying Buford is bigger or better than Moultrie, Rab might have a stroke or something..... He's been beating this dead horse for years on the Ga forum site. I don't think anything has changed either way because of his opinion... Buford will move up at the next reclassification, more than likely to 6A . If ColQuitt wants to play Buford, just have the AD  schedule a home and away series. I believe that is the sticking part of the 2 teams playing each other.Hope it comes to pass, win or lose I think it'd be a good game. As always.     75

6 hours ago, 75son said:

If ColQuitt wants to play Buford, just have the AD  schedule a home and away series. I believe that is the sticking part of the 2 teams playing each other.

I think you could be right.  They like having everything at home.  Home field advantage writ large.  Can't say that I really blame them.  If you can get away with it, it is a good gig.  Of course is seems a touch bit disingenuous to then complain over issues filling the schedule but again, if it works for them, cool.