Lime Sink Georgia Top Ten 8/27/2017

Rufus69

Morning Gurus....

Another week of high school football and we had some exciting games.  Had some OOS matchups and some hard fought in state stuff as well.  First let me tell you that OOS wins and/or losses do not affect our State Poll.  I understand the National impact...but we do not weigh OOS results when computing our Georgia Top Ten.  Not a lot of change...but we do have some minor adjustments.  Here's your Sunday morning Gospel for Georgia.

1.  Grayson - previously ranked No.1...no change...beat the Mighty Hoover Bucs (AL) 35-26 in Loganville...next up McEachern (GREAT game)

2.  Marietta - previously ranked No.2...no change...DNP...next up against Blessed Trinity (good game)

3.  Lowndes - previously ranked No.3...no change...beat ISB (FL) 56-0...next up Parkview in the Concrete Spittoon (good game)

4.  Cartersville - previously ranked No.4...no change...beat Bartram Trail (FL) 52-45...next up Calhoun (good game)

5.  Buford - previously ranked No.7...up 2 spots...beat MCC (FL) 34-17...next up ISB (FL) in 2 weeks (not even a game)

6.  Norcross - previously ranked No.5...down 1 spot...beat Collins Hill 18-10...next up North Gwinnett in 2 weeks (good game)

7.  Archer - previously ranked No.8...up 1 spot...beat Peachtree Ridge 52-7...next up Mill Creek in 2 weeks (GREAT game)

8.  Tucker - previously ranked No.9...up 1 spot...DNP...next up Colquitt County (good game)

9.  Mill Creek - previously ranked No.11...up 2 spots...DNP...next up Dacula (game)

10.  McEachern - previously ranked No.12...up 2 spots...DNP...next up Grayson (GREAT game)

And before all the questions start...here's the next (5) spots...

11.  Rome

12.  Milton

13.  Colquitt

14.  Valdosta

15.  Walton

Gonna be some really good games on Labor Day weekend.  I expect to see some shake out next Sunday.  It's just before getting REAL.

Now...gotta get ready for the meeting in King's Landing.  I never fought a blue-eyed zombie dragon before....but hey, I'll be more than ready...(Smile).

Rufus>>

Hey Rufus...

Where is Parkview? 

Parkview was pretty good last year, and brought back 17 starters...

And theyve won their 1st 2 games 50-13 over PTR and 69-0 over Shiloh.

Parkview IS going to give Lowndes all they want, in fact thats the INSTATE game of the week next week probably.

And Rome at 11? Are you nuts? Rome is sick as fack.

I expected more but I guess, like Colquitt, youll get better as the season goes on.

3 of the top 5 teams all play now 0-20 International School of Broward. Lol. 

That is unprecedented in anyone's lifetime. 

Please GSB, you have to help this state out in scheduling.

Funny thing is Texas is just as bad in scheduling oos games as Georgia, and coincidentally those are the 2 highest paying states to head coaches. So it really seems like the coaches are afraid to go out and and play top national competition because they need to rack up as many wins as they can to justify the pay. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

3 of the top 5 teams all play now 0-20 International School of Broward. Lol. 

That is unprecedented in anyone's lifetime. 

Please GSB, you have to help this state out in scheduling.

Funny thing is Texas is just as bad in scheduling oos games as Georgia, and coincidentally those are the 2 highest paying states to head coaches. So it really seems like the coaches there are afraid to go out and and play top national competition because they need to rack up as many wins as they can to justify the pay. 

Gee what do Texas & Georgia have in common...

Oh yeah , PUBLIC SCHOOLS IDIOT.

If you stopped watching Cartersville vs Bartram Trail at halftime, you missed a very exciting game in the 2nd half.

1 minute ago, ECHS05 said:

Hey Rufus...

Where is Parkview? 

Parkview was pretty good last year, and brought back 17 starters...

And theyve won their 1st 2 games 50-13 over PTR and 69-0 over Shiloh.

Parkview IS going to give Lowndes all they want, in fact thats the INSTATE game of the week next week probably.

And Rome at 11? Are you nuts? Rome is sick as fack.

Let me break it down for you.

(1)  Parkview could be good.  Maybe.  But beating Shiloh and PR don't sell it to Lime Sink.  Now...next week against Lowndes...we'll know what they got and whether they deserve a Top Ten ranking.

(2) OK...Rome MIGHT be a Top Ten team.  MIGHT.  But Shorty Reid couldn't carry Rush's jock...and we have Rush at No.13.  If the Wild Dogs continue to win...we'll see.

Rufus>>

1 minute ago, Rufus69 said:

Let me break it down for you.

(1)  Parkview could be good.  Maybe.  But beating Shiloh and PR don't sell it to Lime Sink.  Now...next week against Lowndes...we'll know what they got and whether they deserve a Top Ten ranking.

(2) OK...Rome MIGHT be a Top Ten team.  MIGHT.  But Shorty Reid couldn't carry Rush's jock...and we have Rush at No.13.  If the Wild Dogs continue to win...we'll see.

Rufus>>

Maybe Shorty Reid cant... but with the talent advantage Rome has over Colquitt.... he may get lucky

Milton also COULD be good. 

6 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Hoss, you really need to get out more......

Rufus>>

Maybe if I did................. Colquitt would be 5 or 7 spots higher. 

Norcross #6, huh? Maybe you need to get out more....

48 Norcross (GA)   team preview   trend Georgia AAAAAAA Region 7 AAAAAAA 1-1 0-0 1-1 32.8 42.5 3-1
WINS: #2964 Collins Hill (Suwanee, GA) (18-10), LOSSES: #88 Colquitt County (Moultrie, GA) (20-17)

3 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Maybe Shorty Reid cant... but with the talent advantage Rome has over Colquitt.... he may get lucky

Milton also COULD be good. 

Well...all Shorty has got to do is give Rush a call for next year.  You know...when we're down and out.  I'd be surprised to see that happen.  He still remembers his days at Tift County.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

Maybe if I did................. Colquitt would be 5 or 7 spots higher. 

Norcross #6, huh? Maybe you need to get out more....

48 Norcross (GA)   team preview   trend Georgia AAAAAAA Region 7 AAAAAAA 1-1 0-0 1-1 32.8 42.5 3-1
WINS: #2964 Collins Hill (Suwanee, GA) (18-10), LOSSES: #88 Colquitt County (Moultrie, GA) (20-17)

This would be a guess...but I would surmise that I have been involved in a LOT more Georgia football than you.  Like I say...I could be wrong.  And my involvement just might be "firsthand" and not what I read on some message board.

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Rufus69 said:

Well...all Shorty has got to do is give Rush a call for next year.  You know...when we're down and out.  I'd be surprised to see that happen.  He still remembers his days at Tift County.

Rufus>>

Tift didnt have quite the talent Rome does. 

I read the paper and make the high school rounds as good as anyone here, probably better than most. Norcross at #6 and Colquitt at #13 does not compute in a brain or computer. 

"NORCROSS — Down in the fourth quarter for the second straight week, Norcross finished off the rally this time.

The host Blue Devils scored twice in the final quarter Friday night and fought off a challenge from Collins Hill, pulling out an 18-10 victory against their former region rivals. Norcross nearly had a comeback win over Colquitt County in last week’s Corky Kell Classic, but a controversial ending with time management by the game officials prevented that from happening.

Collins Hill (1-1) went up 10-9 late in the third quarter Friday before the Blue Devils (1-1) regained control and posted their sixth win over the Eagles in the past seven seasons."

13 minutes ago, TheRealCAJ said:

I read the paper and make the high school rounds as good as anyone here, probably better than most. Norcross at #6 and Colquitt at #13 does not compute in a brain or computer. 

"NORCROSS — Down in the fourth quarter for the second straight week, Norcross finished off the rally this time.

The host Blue Devils scored twice in the final quarter Friday night and fought off a challenge from Collins Hill, pulling out an 18-10 victory against their former region rivals. Norcross nearly had a comeback win over Colquitt County in last week’s Corky Kell Classic, but a controversial ending with time management by the game officials prevented that from happening.

Collins Hill (1-1) went up 10-9 late in the third quarter Friday before the Blue Devils (1-1) regained control and posted their sixth win over the Eagles in the past seven seasons."

Fake News....(Smile).

Norcross is da bomb.....

Rufus>>

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Gee what do Texas & Georgia have in common...

Oh yeah , PUBLIC SCHOOLS IDIOT.

If you stopped watching Cartersville vs Bartram Trail at halftime, you missed a very exciting game in the 2nd half.

Those lies have been dubunked every year by the public schools who do travel all around the country. Hell look at Vista Murietta. Look at all the publics who just came to Disney this week. 

Look at Jones. One of the most cash strapped schools in the country manages to make a flirght to D.C. to play one of the top teams in the country. 

I bet there are over 500 public teams a year who travel to non bordering states. 

6 Hawaii and California games just happened with all publics. Someone has to travel far as shit. 

And what about GA hosting? No one said all the rich ass publics in GA have to travel. 

Just schedule the damn games 

Just now, Nolebull813 said:

Those lies have been dubunked every year by the public schools who do travel all around the country. Hell look at Vista Murietta. Look at all the publications who just came to Disney this week. 

Look at Jones. One of the most cash strapped schools in the country manages to make a flirght to D.C. to play one of the top teams in the country. 

I bet there are over 500 public teams a year who travel to non bordering states. 

6 Hawaii and California games just happened with all publics. Someone has to travel far as shit. 

And what about GA hosting? No one said all the rich ass publics in GA have to travel. 

Just schedule the damn games 

You named 2 Public schools.

Yes, there are Public schools that travel here and there. But they are specks on the map compared to Private schools.

3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

GA can always host!! CQ playing Sully is a great start. Grayson has already proved themselves vs IMG. Need others to step up.  

Colquitt can host when it make sense financially.....or...when a team bails on your Homecoming game about a week before the season starts...(Smile).  People hafta know...it's about the pesos.  Cen 10 and Colquitt would have been a GREAT game...but the money just couldn't be balanced.  Right now...I think the Hawgs are more focused on how to beat the Tucker Tigers than anything else.

Oh Woe Is Us !!!!!

Rufus>>

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

GA can always host!! CQ playing Sully is a great start. Grayson has already proved themselves vs IMG. Need others to step up.  

This wouldve been a great year for Rome & Lowndes to play OOS.  Both are Top 5 in GA and I cant remember the last time either played a great OOS team.

A few years back when Lowndes wasnt as good, they beat Plant FL 20-14... 

Im really looking forward to seeing Grayson play a Louisiana team in John Curtis. 

And Buford vs South Pointe will be good on the 15th.

• Like 1

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

So CQ isn't willing to share 50% of the gate receipts to lure an elite OOS team one game per season? If so, that's just being cheap and avoiding a possible loss IMO.  

Why do you think they scheduled International School of Broward and Holy Trinity Episcopal? 

It's for the cheap wins. 

Rush said it himself in the pregame of the Corky Kell. No one outside of Valdosta will play them in the non region in all of South Georgia. He has to find garbage oos games and metro Atlanta teams because all the schools in South Georgia are too pussy to play them. 

Same with Grayson and Buford. They have to play 3 oos games a year now because the teams in their own state are too pussy 

5 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

So CQ isn't willing to share 50% of the gate receipts to lure an elite OOS team one game per season? If so, that's just being cheap and seeking to avoid a possible home loss IMO.  

Well...50% of our gate is around $22K- $25K (considering an OOS opponent won't bring many fans.  Hoover is an exception)  We have NEEDS !!!!  Now...I could be wrong...but normally...we're not gonna toss out that kind of revenue to bring in somebody to play.  Shoot, Pelham would come for $12K...(Smile).  

Rush does try to schedule at least one OOS opponent each year...IF we can make the financials work.  This year...due to some unforeseen circumstances...we ended up with VM and Sullivan.  So yes...2018 Season Ticket prices are going up.....

Rufus>>