Sideline Oxygen?

PigskinDad

Hi All - in recent weeks I've seen a lot of high school players using high purity oxygen on the sidelines during practices.  I believe they will be using this during games, as well.  Is this legal?  Does anyone know if this is considered performance enhancement?  They carry around aluminum bottles that say Big Ox O2 on them.  It looks like a power drink, but apparently it's high purity oxygen.  I know NFL players use oxygen.  So this is legal?

Thank you for this feedback.  That does make sense.  I didn't realize that people were using it so broadly in Denver / Colorado.  Do you know anything about this product in particular?  I live in NJ and the one that the kids use is Big Ox O2.  Is this the same company that people in Denver use, or are there multiple companies doing it?  I will probably just bite the bullet and buy my son a can and see how it works.  Perhaps it will elevate his performance.  Let's hope!

9 minutes ago, PigskinDad said:

Thank you for this feedback.  That does make sense.  I didn't realize that people were using it so broadly in Denver / Colorado.  Do you know anything about this product in particular?  I live in NJ and the one that the kids use is Big Ox O2.  Is this the same company that people in Denver use, or are there multiple companies doing it?  I will probably just bite the bullet and buy my son a can and see how it works.  Perhaps it will elevate his performance.  Let's hope!

Was not serious about widespread use in Colorado. Not sure it will noticeably improve the play of a HS football player in any state.

45 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Shit, in Denver every worker has oxygen in their cubicles. And band-aids across the bridge of our noses. But it's tough to breathe here, so we need these things in order to be able to give 110% every day.

Concerning your point, though, I'd imagine oxygen on the sideline is as legal in high school as an energy drink.

They wear eyeblack for the flourcent lights... tapes wrists for carpal tunnel

• Haha 1