Lime Sink Georgia Top Ten 9/17/2017

Rufus69

How Bout It...gurus?

Believe it or not...Lime Sink survived yesterday's double-header. We started off with my Mercer Bears taking on the Auburn Turds.  Everybody knew that the Bears would get steamrolled.  I turned down Mercer +21.  At halftime...I was proud of the REAL Orange guys...and by the end of the game I was truly "influenced" by their efforts (and several Sierra Nevada Sidecars).  So by the time the Dawgs kicked off against Mighty Samford...I was as ready as Sean White.  But I slept in this morning...had more than my normal Black Silk...and I'm ready to share some Georgia High School Gospel.  We have a few surprises...a couple of ties...and some absolute "truths" at this point in the season.  Read it and weep.  I know I did....

1(a) - Grayson....the Green Meanies didn't play so I didn't actually drop them...but I made them share. They have a tough game next week against ISB.  Hopefully, they can pull it out.

1(b) - Lowndes....the Vikings dismantled Newton easily.  Wasn't even a game...at least for Lowndes' standpoint.  The Horned Horde have the best team they've had in a long, long while.  And I hate it.

3.  Cartersville - the Irma wannabees just keep on keeping on.  They put up big points and they play enough defense to win.  Maybe...they'll go undefeated this year.  I could see a threepeat.

4(a) - Buford....Lime Sink doesn't worry about OOS games when computing a Georgia Top Ten.  The Wolves are still a great team and they will represent.  They have a legitimate shot at the Title in AAAAA.

4(b) - Archer....A lot of people had given up on the Tigers.  But NO...they are alive and VERY well.  They're gonna make a splash come playoff time.  And it could be something that's been eluding them for several years.

6.  Walton...the Sleeper Raiders.  Lime Sink didn't think they'd fare very well after losing Mo Dixon...but uh, they're doing just fine.  Thank You Very Much.  The playoffs could be very interesting this year.  VERY INTERESTING.

7.  Mill Creek...the Hawks are quietly hanging around.  No noise in stealth mode.  You don't think about them until it's too late.  Lime Sink thinks about them......

8.  Rome....OK...OK...Rome may be better than a No.8 ranking...but I don't like Shorty Reid.  So they're lucky I even have them ranked.  

9.  McEachern....I don't guess we're gonna get rid of the Injuns.  Every time you look up...they're staring back at you.  Add to that...they aren't a bad team.

10.  The Mighty Warner Robins Red Demons...show some love for the OTHER team in Rocket City.  All they're doing is winning.  Good to see Big Red back....

Next Five...

11.  Milton

12.  Marietta

13.  Tucker

14.  North Gwinnett

15.  Colquitt

Colquitt has the Cats coming in Friday night.  Forget the records and anything else you think you know.  This will be South Georgia football.  Till the bitter end.  I never like Valdosta.  NEVER.  OK...OK...there was this ONE time...(Smile)......

Rufus>>

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

How Bout It...gurus?

Believe it or not...Lime Sink survived yesterday's double-header. We started off with my Mercer Bears taking on the Auburn Turds.  Everybody knew that the Bears would get steamrolled.  I turned down Mercer +21.  At halftime...I was proud of the REAL Orange guys...and by the end of the game I was truly "influenced" by their efforts (and several Sierra Nevada Sidecars).  So by the time the Dawgs kicked off against Mighty Samford...I was as ready as Sean White.  But I slept in this morning...had more than my normal Black Silk...and I'm ready to share some Georgia High School Gospel.  We have a few surprises...a couple of ties...and some absolute "truths" at this point in the season.  Read it and weep.  I know I did....

1(a) - Grayson....the Green Meanies didn't play so I didn't actually drop them...but I made them share. They have a tough game next week against ISB.  Hopefully, they can pull it out.

1(b) - Lowndes....the Vikings dismantled Newton easily.  Wasn't even a game...at least for Lowndes' standpoint.  The Horned Horde have the best team they've had in a long, long while.  And I hate it.

3.  Cartersville - the Irma wannabees just keep on keeping on.  They put up big points and they play enough defense to win.  Maybe...they'll go undefeated this year.  I could see a threepeat.

4(a) - Buford....Lime Sink doesn't worry about OOS games when computing a Georgia Top Ten.  The Wolves are still a great team and they will represent.  They have a legitimate shot at the Title in AAAAA.

4(b) - Archer....A lot of people had given up on the Tigers.  But NO...they are alive and VERY well.  They're gonna make a splash come playoff time.  And it could be something that's been eluding them for several years.

6.  Walton...the Sleeper Raiders.  Lime Sink didn't think they'd fare very well after losing Mo Dixon...but uh, they're doing just fine.  Thank You Very Much.  The playoffs could be very interesting this year.  VERY INTERESTING.

7.  Mill Creek...the Hawks are quietly hanging around.  No noise in stealth mode.  You don't think about them until it's too late.  Lime Sink thinks about them......

8.  Rome....OK...OK...Rome may be better than a No.8 ranking...but I don't like Shorty Reid.  So they're lucky I even have them ranked.  

9.  McEachern....I don't guess we're gonna get rid of the Injuns.  Every time you look up...they're staring back at you.  Add to that...they aren't a bad team.

10.  The Mighty Warner Robins Red Demons...show some love for the OTHER team in Rocket City.  All they're doing is winning.  Good to see Big Red back....

Next Five...

11.  Milton

12.  Marietta

13.  Tucker

14.  North Gwinnett

15.  Colquitt

Colquitt has the Cats coming in Friday night.  Forget the records and anything else you think you know.  This will be South Georgia football.  Till the bitter end.  I never like Valdosta.  NEVER.  OK...OK...there was this ONE time...(Smile)......

Rufus>>

You realize a course! If you continue to skip church, you are going to TIFTON!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

How Bout It...gurus?

Next Five...

11.  Milton

12.  Marietta

13.  Tucker

14.  North Gwinnett

15.  Colquitt

Rufus>>

I know that night! It was when Colquitt embarrassed them on NATIONAL TELEVISION(20/20) in 1989!

How Bout It...gurus?

Next Five...

11.  Milton

12.  Marietta

13.  Tucker

14.  North Gwinnett

15.  Colquitt

Rufus>>

I like most of the poll.

Colquitt should be ahead of the others not named Milton in that next five though. 

Marietta?  You realize Lassiter beat them 37-14 right... Lassy needs some love.

Rome > Buford... hating on Rome cause you dont like their coach... tsk, tsk

Jones Co. & Stockbridge may need some <3 soon.

East Coweta just took out North Cobb. EC is the team of the week without a doubt!! Well, behind Brookwood.

How is Colquitt 15 and no Brookwood anywhere?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Marietta?  You realize Lassiter beat them 37-14 right... Lassy needs some love.

Rome > Buford... hating on Rome cause you dont like their coach... tsk, tsk

Jones Co. & Stockbridge may need some <3 soon.

East Coweta just took out North Cobb. EC is the team of the week without a doubt!! Well, behind Brookwood.

How is Colquitt 15 and no Brookwood anywhere?

Brookwood isn't better than Colquitt. 

They won on Friday night thanks to that damned chicken! 

1 minute ago, LOSer said:

Weak sauce in Georgia this year.

Frankly, it's probably like this every year but the fluffers do have some success changing public opinion for the most part.

It's probably a down year here compared to the last 3 or 4, although it is culminating into a Colquitt "show" for the next couple of years. Probably can expect another '14-'15 type of run. 

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It's probably a down year here compared to the last 3 or 4, although it is culminating into a Colquitt "show" for the next couple of years. Probably can expect another '14-'15 type of run. 

Why is it down? Because the same names arent at the top? Because Colquitt lost? 

LOS is a tool with absolutely no clue. Guy doesnt know these teams... he thinks Florida is the only state that can have new teams rise and them actually be good.

Honestly Lime Sinks rankings need some serious work.

Its a serious down year in FL with 3 good teams throughout the state. 

1. Lowndes

2. Grayson

3. Rome - Lime Sink can hate on Shorty Reid but his team is Tall order for anyone.

4. Cartersville - LOS' entire argument that GA is "weak sauce" is that BTrail game where Cville was up 31-3 and the D fell asleep.

5. Archer

6. Walton

7. North Gwinnett

8. Buford

9. Mill Creek

10. Brookwood

11. Colquitt Co.

12. McEachern

13. Carrollton

14. Milton 

15. Lassiter

16. Tift Co.

17. Stockbridge

18. South Forsyth

19. Lee Co.

20. Mays 

21. Warner Robins

22. Jones Co. 

2 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

4. Cartersville - LOS' entire argument that GA is "weak sauce" is that BTrail game where Cville was up 31-3 and the D fell asleep.

Again, a statement that I've never made.

You're just grasping for straws now.

Back up your weak sauce claim.

Easy.

One of the twin #1's ranked above is completely untested and doesn't play anybody until the last week of the season.

(If you consider Colquitt an "anybody")

One of the top 5 teams (Buford) is laughable and hasn't won a big game since Jesus was in Nazareth.

Cartersville's schedule makes Buford's look daunting.

Archer's best 3 wins are all by 8 points or less.

I could keep going if you want but I think you'd whine about that too.

The teams at the top are different... like its going to be in a public dominated state.

Nobody has made this claim though.

Who has said it's weak because the names are different?

Cartersville hasn't lost since 2014 and they're a constant.

Means nothing.

You know as well as I do... nobody is standing out except STA, AHP, MC, and MNW (I guess MNW, theyve barely played any games)

I wait for the season to be played before I talk about standouts.

We know that you aren't capable of doing that. You are wired to blow up a bunch of crappy teams early so we can laugh at you later.

You still think Trevor Lawrence sucks and it was his WRs helping him out, LOS? xD

I don't think he sucks.

I think he's overrated.

A distinction that most people wouldn't need to be repeated.

Just now, LOSer said:

Easy.

One of the twin #1's ranked above is completely untested and doesn't play anybody until the last week of the season.

(If you consider Colquitt an "anybody")

One of the top 5 teams (Buford) is laughable and hasn't won a big game since Jesus was in Nazareth.

Cartersville's schedule makes Buford's look daunting.

Archer's best 3 wins are all by 8 points or less.

I could keep going if you want but I think you'd whine about that too.

How does that mean weak sauce? They will be tested... so? SoS isnt an indicator of how good a team is.

I dont have Buford as a top 5 team. 

Cartersville is still good. Despite their schedule. Its good enough to see what they can do. 

Georgias had teams play OOS and its not done. 

Who cares how much Archer won by when they were beating Top 10-15 teams in GA. Mill Creek & Brookwood are strong.

Just now, LOSer said:

I don't think he sucks.

I think he's overrated.

A distinction that most people wouldn't need to be repeated.

Read between the lines... same thing.

And you said it was mainly his receivers making him look good. Something literally everybody that watched his ESPN game disagreed with.

4 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

All but 1 new WR really... and same, even better, results. Those throws on ESPN probably had you shitting your pants.

Put that laughable highlight video that you did last year so we can count the number of times that his receivers had to leave their feet or make a tougher than average catch.

5 minutes ago, ECHS05 said:

Those throws on ESPN probably had you shitting your pants.

I didn't really watch much of that game.

I only remember screens, curls and outs to the boundary.

In other words, easy throws.

And Bartram Trail's defense blows.

Leave it up to you to brag about a 5A Georgia QB gaining a ton of yards against an historically bad defensive program.