Nolebull, you are probably the very person I need to address this question.

Middlegafan

Why did the Fla. legislature feel the need to change their bylaws, to permit wholesale transfers within your state? Are they so insecure about not having a large number of powerhouses, without the ability to stack teams to play out of state opposition? Because although the Sunshine State does have an abundance of talent. I feel as though there aren't but maybe a dozen national power quality teams or less in your state, that is more than twice the size of Georgia. Georgia, with only selective transfer abilities, has more than a dozen in any given season. That is, unless their coach stupidly schedules the football factories around the West and Northeast, plus STA in Florida.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Middlegafan said:

Why did the Fla. legislature feel the need to change their bylaws, to permit wholesale transfers within your state? Are they so insecure about not having a large number of powerhouses, without the ability to stack teams to play out of state opposition? Because although the Sunshine State does have an abundance of talent. I feel as though there aren't but maybe a dozen national power quality teams or less in your state, that is more than twice the size of Georgia. Georgia, with only selective transfer abilities, has more than a dozen in any given season. That is, unless their coach stupidly schedules the football factories around the West and Northeast, plus STA in Florida.

When Booker T Washington beat Norcross 55-0, Norcross had 16 football transfers. They went on to win the large class state title in Georgia. Booker T was watered down sharing all the talent with MC, MNW and all the other teams around town. 

Hope this helps

• Like 1

Also Grayson literally rented a player from a rival school for the football season, won state and then he transferred back to the original school after Christmas break. Grayson had so many transfers, the transferred had to transfer. Lol. 

When Marietta went all in for their one and done state title, they poached more talent than Vincent Cadby

8F7D5250-56AC-4D21-AD27-5922D6C71B47.webp

3 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

When Booker T Washington beat Norcross 55-0, Norcross had 16 football transfers. They went on to win the large class state title in Georgia. Booker T was watered down sharing all the talent with MC, MNW and all the other teams around town. 

Hope this helps

It does, BUT. Could you tell me when the last time a Florida team won a natty since GEORGIA did? COLLEGE OR HIGH SCHOOL?

Just now, reggid said:

The Florida legislature is the GSB/Sleazy Joe of state assemblies.

Actually the opposite: they want everyone to be playing by the same rules. So zoned neighborhood teams don’t have to play transfer powerhouses. They allow flexibility to tailor make the best choices for each family’s unique circumstance. 

Plenty of the normal students do it as well for band, magnet programs and academics. You just don’t hear about it because no one is reporting on the 5 star tuba player transferring to a better band program 

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Florida teams won all or some of a high school football National Championship in 1921, 1942, 1943, 1960, 1962, 1964, 1965, 1967, 1968, 1969, 1988, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2010, and 2013. 

So when was this law passed? 

Somebody musta forgotten to tell the Georgia teams, who won the natty in 1960, 1962, 1968, 1969, and the latest, in 2015, prior to the Cali schools deciding that enough of this. Lets just recruit the crap outa SOCAL for two schools. And we'll just play musical chairs with those two, and Gorman until the end of time.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

The state of GA won 3.5 national titles since 1981. Same time frame Florida teams have won 11. 

No wonder, since we have 1 1/2 colleges in Georgia, and you boys have 1 on every street corner. But you are evading my question? WHY does you governing body permit wholesale transfers, even in the middle of the football season? Seems as though I read where kids who are on crappy teams in regular season. Can merely swap to a playoff contender to try to win a championship. I wish I could have used that ploy when I was shopping for a new spouse.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Also Grayson literally rented a player from a rival school for the football season, won state and then he transferred back to the original school after Christmas break. Grayson had so many transfers, the transferred had to transfer. Lol.

When Marietta went all in for their one and done state title, they poached more talent than Vincent Cadby

7 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Way to spin things to fit your narrative.  One parent played everyone for his advantage and messed his kid over in the process.  He then wasn't eligible for the spring sports he wanted to participate in because of the move back.  By the way, there were some interesting family dynamics going on in that situation.  But of course, that doesn't fit what you want to sell.

Did you even bother to read the article you Googled to find or did you just read the headline?  It's pretty clear you didn't.  It clearly states the players organized their transfers because they all knew or knew of each other and had played together when they were younger.  But again, that doesn't fit your narrative.

Actually the opposite: they want everyone to be playing by the same rules. So zoned neighborhood teams don’t have to play transfer powerhouses. They allow flexibility to tailor make the best choices for each family’s unique circumstance. 

What they did was make legal what was happening anyway that was giving FL football a bad name.  When we rolled Miami Central everyone was surprised because of the common knowledge of what the Miami schools were doing.  You can't even call it an open secret because there was nothing secret about it.

6 hours ago, Fred said:

What they did was make legal what was happening anyway that was giving FL football a bad name.  When we rolled Miami Central everyone was surprised because of the common knowledge of what the Miami schools were doing.  You can't even call it an open secret because there was nothing secret about it.

Grayson is literally known for stacking transfers at a record pace. The year they were losing 29-3 in the 4th quarter to Bergen Catholic they were ranked number 1 in the state going into that game because of the talent acquisitions. Free agency in Georgia always seems to favor the Gwinnett teams for some reason 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fred said:

And ever since that running clock they got put on them by Bergen Catholic they refuse to play any OOS team with a pulse. Just has been South Carolina teams. 

Reminds me of the time I seen the guy who played Bud Bundy on Married With Children in a Burger King commercial. I laughed at first, but then I felt bad afterwards. There are no winners in those situations.