Hoover will this be approved?

Ga96

3 hours ago, Iletteredintrack said:

If he followed the rules why is it wild they are allowing it?

Because from a doing what is right/loyalty is not being done here. 

Plus the AHSAA approved this immediately when normally it takes months.

From the article 

Jared sends me a text Saturday night saying, ‘Coach, I ain’t going nowhere and I want to help Spain Park get a ring and all that, do it the right way.’ And then Sunday, he wasn’t at workouts, and we reached out and they were in a moving truck, moving van, moving there and moving their belongings. So, we just found out about it Sunday.”

So Spain Park is not making the playoffs so he leaves headed to Thompson lying to his Coach on the way out the door and nothing is wrong with what he has done?

A stupid grey area of rule is still wrong like this. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Because from a doing what is right/loyalty is not being done here. 

Plus the AHSAA approved this immediately when normally it takes months.

From the article 

Jared sends me a text Saturday night saying, ‘Coach, I ain’t going nowhere and I want to help Spain Park get a ring and all that, do it the right way.’ And then Sunday, he wasn’t at workouts, and we reached out and they were in a moving truck, moving van, moving there and moving their belongings. So, we just found out about it Sunday.”

So Spain Park is not making the playoffs so he leaves headed to Thompson lying to his Coach on the way out the door and nothing is wrong with what he has done?

A stupid grey area of rule is still wrong like this. 

I get the loyalty and team side of this but his comment was "That's wild that they are allowing this." They allow it because the rules were followed. I think we can agree that this is a microcosm of what is going on in society. The instant gratification for younger generations is becoming a real problem. Young people are graduating school and expecting to be given jobs that require experience and knowledge. My daughter has a roommate that quit her job yesterday because her employer wouldn't give her a paid day off with less than 24 hours notice. She just got made and quit with no consideration of the consequences. This same mentality is what we are seeing with all of these transfers. 

• Like 1

It's very likely subject to interpretation, but this is what I got from the AHSAA eligibility rules slides:

Bona fide move eligibility guidelines:

- The household furniture of the family must be moved into an unoccupied house or apartment.

- All principal members of the family must reside in the new place of residence.

- The original residence must be closed, rented or disposed of and not used by the family.

- Nine months at the new residence will be required to make a move bona fide.

- A transfer student whose parents make a bona fide move is eligible at the member school that serves the area where his/her parents reside if all other requirements are met.

- If the family making a bona fide move remains at the new residence for less than nine months, the student become ineligible there on the day the family leaves the attendance zone of the new school.

Based on that, I'm not sure how the player qualifies under the nine months at new residence.  It sounds like it hasn't been nine days since the move, much less nine months.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Peanut Gallery said:

It's very likely subject to interpretation, but this is what I got from the AHSAA eligibility rules slides:

Bona fide move eligibility guidelines:

- The household furniture of the family must be moved into an unoccupied house or apartment.

- All principal members of the family must reside in the new place of residence.

- The original residence must be closed, rented or disposed of and not used by the family.

- Nine months at the new residence will be required to make a move bona fide.

- A transfer student whose parents make a bona fide move is eligible at the member school that serves the area where his/her parents reside if all other requirements are met.

- If the family making a bona fide move remains at the new residence for less than nine months, the student become ineligible there on the day the family leaves the attendance zone of the new school.

Based on that, I'm not sure how the player qualifies under the nine months at new residence.  It sounds like it hasn't been nine days since the move, much less nine months.

He is eligible at the new school until he moves again. If he moves again, he becomes ineligible at that time. Basically, he can move, play and move back and just not be eligible after the 2nd move. For athletes planning on early enrollment, this has no impact.